[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Barba is a great pickup, we would have been crazy not to have pushed hard and grabbed the opportunity to get him here.

Sounds like a sensible arrangement was made between the Broncs and Dogs.

YES! im honestly still in disbelief. thought it would just be another failed negotiation, with the broncos management not really even trying.

NOW GET MILFORD!!!!!

Broncos backline 2014

1: Barba
2: Hoffman
3: Reed
4: Hodges/ Oates
5: Copley/Yow Yeh/ Kahu
6: Milford
7: Hunt

Now we've got Ben let's get Anthony and shut up those wankers in the capital.

No, I've known our halves have been dogshit since Lockyer retired, I just don't know whether the addition of Barba and/or Milford will bring us back to where we want to be.. I could be wrong of course, I just think Milford and Hunt are similar players, we need an organizer of some sort.. we need a better version of Peter Wallace..

And also, I've come to the conclusion that we've actually got more money under the salary cap than we did last week, no more Prince, no more Wallace, no more Lui (?).. we must still be $1m under the cap?? We could sign Milford and have enough left over for 1-2 more good players.

Edit: Actually no I forgot about Kennedy, we might have about $600-700k under the cap

Having Milford at 5/8 or thereabouts probably won't reap an instant improvement in fortunes but it's a very solid investment in the future, because he's a guy who has shown he has all the tools but just needs experience and physical development (that will come naturally with age & training) ... that's all ...

the comforting thing for broncos fans is knowing that the right pieces are starting to be put in place ...

Good on Ben for keeping his original price for the next two years, its almost enough to make you believe it was for 'family reasons'. I image he will drowning in money for his third year. $700k-$1m would be my guess.

Very happy about this news. Hopefully he stays injured until after week 1 of the finals and that the Dog's get eliminated first round.

just wish the broncos couldve front-loaded his contract. sign him today, pay him $1mil for 2013, then we get him in 2016 for peanuts.

Last edited:
Having Milford at 5/8 or thereabouts probably won't reap an instant improvement in fortunes but it's a very solid investment in the future, because he's a guy who has shown he has all the tools but just needs experience and physical development (that will come naturally with age & training) ... that's all ...

the comforting thing for broncos fans is knowing that the right pieces are starting to be put in place ...

The key with Milford is whether he has the right attitude. Otherwise he's really only marginally better than having Norman on the roster.

Barba, Kennedy and Tasi. All great buys.

I'll put it out there and say that if Kennedy is banging on the Origin door come next June, he might even prove a more important buy than Barba.

Hannant, McGuire and Kennedy is a SOO quality prop rotation. Tasi needs to have a whole off-season under his belt.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Kennedy
16. Gillett
17. Tasi.

Fucking bring it on

In other news, Griffin is apparently set to bulk Barba up in the off season. "He's too scrawny, I like my players a bit bigger. It was almost a deal breaker actually. Thankfully, my conditioning coach has informed me he'll fatten him up in the off season". When asked whether he meant muscle bulk, Griffin replied "I don't really care, as long as he's bigger"

Great news, over the moon about this.

Credit where its due, congrats to management for making this happen much quicker than I anticipated (ie before the end of the season)

Having Barba secured for at least 3 is great incentive for other players to come on board

In other news, Griffin is apparently set to bulk Barba up in the off season. "He's too scrawny, I like my players a bit bigger. It was almost a deal breaker actually. Thankfully, my conditioning coach has informed me he'll fatten him up in the off season". When asked whether he meant muscle bulk, Griffin replied "I don't really care, as long as he's bigger"

number one thing on Griffin's wish list for 2014 is to turn up first day of pre-season training next year and see this ...

Jackson-5994371.jpg

The key with Milford is whether he has the right attitude. Otherwise he's really only marginally better than having Norman on the roster.

I'm assuming you've watched enough of Milford to come to that conclusion? IMO...... you're way off.

its denial central ... they're all high-fiving and saying what a red-letter day it is for the club now that the scourge Ben Barba is finally confirmed as leaving ... as they wished for all along ... lol
Has that idiot, what's his face... The Greatest or something, come through with the goods as promised? :cuckoo:

Of course they're going to say they're glad he's gone, but let's be honest, they're butthurt.

Has that idiot, what's his face... The Greatest or something, come through with the goods as promised? :cuckoo:

a few of them seem to be asking him what for given that he supposedly said the whole thing was BS (?)

Unread

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Skyblues87
  • Locky24
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • johnny plath
  • Cavalo
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.