[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

I actually hate everyone who doesn't like this signing, they obviously haven't got a fucking clue about Rugby League, Hoffman can piss off to the wing if he knows what's good for him, we just signed a Dally M winning Fullback.

There's clearly a big difference between the BHQ community and the Instagram community. Lol, what idiots.

Listening to talking sport on the radio, your used to the Canterbury/NSW bias on it but geez talk about sour grapes over it.

While I don't agree with him, I think subsbligh (pretty sure it was him) was merely suggesting if Milford's attitude isn't right then it's not much better than gutless, heartless Norman.

Thing is I've never seen anything from Milford to suggest he has that same lazy attitude. So I agree with the sentiment that it's way off, but I understand what he's trying to say.

The biggest risk is if neither Hunt or Milford take control and we end up rudderless. That's where you need your hooker to stand up and get things organised....can Macca do that?

Yeah. Not doubting Milford at all - I admit absolutely that I haven't seen enough of him to really pass judgment.

BUT Milford is 3 NRL games deep into his career as a 5/8, and has shown flashes of on field brilliance in a beaten side whose expectations are pretty bloody low at the moment.

Turn that into a fan base baying for immediate success after a couple of dry years and the inevitable comparisons to Darren Lockyer and you've got a different framework. One which Corey Norman, who also showed flashes of brilliance 3 NRL games deep into his career and failed miserably at Brisbane because he is not the sort of player to carry the team.

Anyway this is probably the wrong thread for that discussion.

YAY BARBA

horse-rod-hb-11.jpg

swallow your pride hoffy and get on the wing. you'll be nrl's leading try scorer so just suck it up

swallow your pride hoffy and get on the wing. you'll be nrl's leading try scorer so just suck it up

You got to stay on the paint, back yourself and use the entire plane of the touch line. Oates has figured it out.

While I don't agree with him, I think subsbligh (pretty sure it was him) was merely suggesting if Milford's attitude isn't right then it's not much better than gutless, heartless Norman.

Thing is I've never seen anything from Milford to suggest he has that same lazy attitude. So I agree with the sentiment that it's way off, but I understand what he's trying to say.

Sure .....but tbh, if any player's attitude is off they're going to be shit, yeah?

I haven't seen anything from Milford to suggest he has any attitude problems. You would think that once he's up here, close to his family, he will be one happy chappy.

I actually hate everyone who doesn't like this signing, they obviously haven't got a fucking clue about Rugby League, Hoffman can piss off to the wing if he knows what's good for him, we just signed a Dally M winning Fullback.

Yes.......and we didn't have to spend a million bucks to do it !!

Paul White must have taken the lead on this one away from Andrew Gee.

Well done Whitey...!!

Hoffman has done well lately, he helps us get on the front foot at the start of sets..Barba on the other hand will help us get over the try line at the end of them.

Yes.......and we didn't have to spend a million bucks to do it !!

Paul White must have taken the lead on this one away from Andrew Gee.

Well done Whitey...!!

Weren't some people getting out the pitch forks for White when he suggested $1 million a year was a ridiculous asking price, and that he'd deliver Barba to the Titans?

he might also help us get over the try line from inside our own half.

I'm excited by the prospect of Barba and Hoffman at the back on kick returns...and Barba linking with Hoffman when we're on the attack! Seeeeeeexy.

Weren't some people getting out the pitch forks for White when he suggested $1 million a year was a ridiculous asking price, and that he'd deliver Barba to the Titans?

Yeah some people mistakenly thought that would be $1M counted on the cap, which is just stupid if you know anything about how the salary cap works.

You have base price counted on cap, then allowances and 3rd party deals on top of that. The amount of people who think quoted amounts are the be all and end all is staggering, although most of the time they just act oblivious to suit their agenda.

Last edited:

Active Now

• thenry
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • bert_lifts
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • jarro65
  • winslow_wong
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.