[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

$1M is overs, but I think his value is at the $650-750K p/year.

It seems obvious that he didn't have a lot of negotiating room, wanting to move to Brissy and getting a release from the Dogs.

Chances are the Dogs CEO told him that he wouldn't be released unless his Bulldogs contract was transferred to Brisbane. Still very curious how much he will be earning in 2016. It could well be a very heavily back-ended contract! :001_rolleyes:

The 2016 salary cap will be nearly 7 million though

I find the transformation over at the Kennel rather funny.

They've gone from "the Bulldogs can't release him, he should be forced to stay here, he is sooooo important to our team"

to " Finally, the right thing has been done and we can get rid of him, I volunteer to drive him on the airport"

they also are claiming that we are rorting the salary cap and lie when it was revealed he is on the same salary as his Bulldogs contract

:loool:

Last edited:
Most of the Bulldogs side are bought not bred, and they got Perrett, Inu and Hasler in a similar way that we got Barba.

The carry on at the Kennel is hilarious, quality stuff. Will bookmark and definitely read again.

Has anyone got an image/photo of Barba wearing a Broncos jersey......?

Rabs is bitching that 'compassion' was just an excuse, it's only an hour & a half plane flight from Sydney to Brisbane. Yeah, but add in travel to & from the airport, checking in, fucking around, and you really lose at least half a day each departure/arrival. That and you should ask Rabs if he's ever had to live away from his kids. There was a time there (6 months, early last year) where I was separated from my wife, and seeing my daughter only once a week was the worst torture imaginable.

lol my 6 year old nephew just ran up to me and said "Did you know Ben Barba is going to play for the Broncos next year?" to which I said yeah, I'm thrilled. He then replied" There's going to be two good players at the Broncos next year, now, Barba and Hoffman" I asked him about Hodges but he said he's injured. Hahaa, I found that funny. Even my nephew doesn't rate our attack.

Oh yeah, not saying it's a bad thing at all, since it landed us last year's Dally M.
Barba and possibly Milford fell on our lap, so we're fairly lucky, but I'm convinced there was some negotiating behind the scenes.
It would be silly of the player's agent not to have polled the Tits about what they would be offering their client(s)...

Exactly ....who cares in 2016? Give him what he wants ... (form deserving of course)

This sets an interesting prerequisite regarding Anthony Milford. Fader fans are squealing that Milford and his manager are only in it for the money. Canberra will undoubtedly (just like the Bulldogs did with Barba) insist that Anthony doesn't prosper from the "compassionate" move home.

Win/win for Brisbane ....again. :winky:

think the kid looks sharp

SC20130731-021923-1-1_zps7e259c77.jpg

there was already a pic in this thread on page 65

Awesome. That saves me a few minutes. At least i got to search for D cups...

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • Redfern_1980
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • ozzball
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Financeguy
  • IceWorks
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Lozza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.