[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

If we get Milford and Barba gets his 2012 form back, we would have to be a top 4 side surely.

if you listen to the guys at the Kennel, we have bought a dud who "fluked" 2012 and will never reach that sort of form again. :loool:

Speaking of Defences, how is Baraba going to improve ours? Just askin, continue the jizzfest.

From what I have seen of him, his defence seems pretty good. He has good instincts and uses them in the way he tackles. He isn't GI but then, who is.

So given we are paying him **** all in the first two seasons, we could potentially afford a 3rd big signing...?

Now we need to learn support play. And Hunt/Macca will have a FAST taker for their grubbers!

Parker-Gillett offloading, up the middle and on the edges, and Barba in support is exciting

Ahhh yes, Parkers offloads. Catch Barba on the fly and he'll be virtually unstoppable.

if you listen to the guys at the Kennel, we have bought a dud who "fluked" 2012 and will never reach that sort of form again. :loool:
I agree with that. He is a decent player but is not the messiah many here are making him out to be.

I agree with that. He is a decent player but is not the messiah many here are making him out to be.

You can't base that on anything though. We have seen what he's like with his head in the game, there is no reason 2014 will be any different.

Barba a Messiah? No
Barba a dud or "decent" player? No
Impossible to reclaim his 2012 form? No

Originally Posted by Steve Renouf

The evidence is he is current daly M player of the year. And will be more valuable to the bronco's roster than most others as we have no one remotely like him.

So what you're saying is, we shouldn't be excited by the signing?

Trust you to say something negative out of a positive situation, so you "agree" that Barba is a dud? :001_rolleyes:

If duds scored 20+ trys and 20+ try assists in a single season then we'd be challenging for the premiership this year with our injury hampered backline.

Last edited:
The evidence is he is current daly M player of the year. And will be more valuable to the bronco's roster than most others as we have no one remotely like him.

The Dally M awards are flawed......I wouldn't use them as evidence.

Barba has got a lot to prove next year. I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes..

If duds scored 20+ trys and 20+ try assists in a single season then we'd be challenging for the premiership this year with our injury hampered backline.
I agree spwn. We should be,a d have the right to be very excited.I don't get the logic. Like we should be looking for NOT the daly M medalist. Very zoolander."they won't be looking for not us"

You can't base that on anything though. We have seen what he's like with his head in the game, there is no reason 2014 will be any different.
I base that on my opinion of him. :thumbup1: He is a very good a running the ball in broken play, outside of that. Well, nothing about him stands out to me.
Against a tired defence he is the man you want with the ball for sure. I hope he can show the form of 2012, but I don't think he will ever reach those dizzy heights again.

So what you're saying is, we shouldn't be excited by the signing?
No, that's what your saying, I didn't say that.

Trust you to say something negative out of a positive situation, so you "agree" that Barba is a dud? :001_rolleyes:

I never said he is a dud but I do agree that his 2012 form was a one off and will not be repeated.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Jazza
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Dash
  • Dexter
  • Financeguy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Porthoz
  • lynx000
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.