[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

lol my 6 year old nephew just ran up to me and said "Did you know Ben Barba is going to play for the Broncos next year?" to which I said yeah, I'm thrilled. He then replied" There's going to be two good players at the Broncos next year, now, Barba and Hoffman" I asked him about Hodges but he said he's injured. Hahaa, I found that funny. Even my nephew doesn't rate our attack.

My little cousins are going to be the same. Can just see them now jumping for joy when they hear that Ben Barba is going to be a Bronco.

Oh no, I'm already having fantasies -

"Hunt puts through a chip kick. It's cleaned up by Barba. Barba sidesteps, passes to Hoffman. Hoffman runs down the right side and passes to Jharal Yow Yeh, who scores in his comeback match! Broncos leading the Storm 40 to nil now!"

Please let that be a prophecy!

Oh no, I'm already having fantasies -

"Hunt puts through a chip kick. It's cleaned up by Barba. Barba sidesteps, passes to Hoffman. Hoffman runs down the right side and passes to Jharal Yow Yeh, who scores in his comeback match! Broncos leading the Storm 40 to nil now!"

Please let that be a prophecy!

lol keep dreaming

My little cousins are going to be the same. Can just see them now jumping for joy when they hear that Ben Barba is going to be a Bronco.

Yep, the kids love him. He's a huge signing for the club.

Ha, knew this thread would be going off!! Nice work Whiteo, Gee Gee...now Milford and DCE, and we're back in the premiership ring with QLD's best young talent...where we belong...:thumbup1:

Here's his 2012 highlights. The kid is a freakshow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting Barba for about 400k for the next two years is buy of the year material for two years in a row if he returns to the form he's capable of. I think he'll be back to his best with all the off field stuff sorted out.

In 2012, it's not like Barba was receiving lots of good passes for his tries like David Simmons and James McManus. He actually was the one creating the majority of his tries. There is nothing we need more than someone who can actually create brilliance!

Here's his 2012 highlights. The kid is a freakshow.

Such a great player. Support play, speed, short kicking game, sets up trys, scores as good as anyone. I found it ironic that the last highlight was him scoring off a typical Norman no urgency defensive play.

2012 starting fullback Norman
2013 starting fullback Barba

2013 price tags
Norman - 450k
Barba - 350-400k.

How about that for improvement?

Last edited by a moderator:
BB2_zps20a8b2f7.jpg

can't wait to see some length of the field tries from the broncos!

Reminds me a lot of the last brilliant FB we had. At last, what looks like a real play maker at the back. Or Mango Mk.2

His speed off the mark is awesome, exploits the smallest gap. He and Hoffman (either at centre or wing) will be a deadly combination.

Definitely not bench hooker material.

Reminds me a lot of the last brilliant FB we had. At last, what looks like a real play maker at the back. Or Mango Mk.2

His speed off the mark is awesome, exploits the smallest gap. He and Hoffman (either at centre or wing) will be a deadly combination.

Definitely not bench hooker material.
Imagine if we get Milford and next year we have Hodges, Milford and Barba in the team at the same time? Our attack will be lethal because opposition teams won't know who to go for. Each one of those players demands special attention from opposition defences.

Speaking of Defences, how is Baraba going to improve ours? Just askin, continue the jizzfest.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Waynesaurus
  • bb_gun
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • jarro65
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Big Del
  • phoenix
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Fitzy
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.