[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

We've got him on the Doggies contract for the next 2 years. It also allows Hoffman to move to the 3/4 line, where he's more effective in attack.

After 2 years we can see if he is worth it or not to keep, but until then it's pretty much a steal.

Great news guys, heading in the right direction for 2014. Will give us fans some hope for change in performance of team overall. Like to see Milford & a good quality coach complete the picture. & dce would be just great....:001_tt2:

This quote from News is interesting re Hoffmans reaction to the signing:
But Wednesday’s announcement has seen his Brisbane opposite, Josh Hoffman, put extension negotiations on hold.

Broncos coach Anthony Griffin met the Kiwi Test fullback on Tuesday to personally tell him about Barba's impending arrival.

Griffin made it clear Barba's signing was entirely fortuitous and did not reflect a lack of faith in Hoffman but the 25-year-old left the meeting fuming, later telling a Broncos teammate he is now resigned to weighing up his future.
Bulldogs legend Steve Mortimer feels robbed by loss of Ben Barba to Brisbane Broncos | News.com.au

Why hoffy, seriously why. It disappoints me so greatlythat he feels this way. Signing barba is about the team winning the comp. Playing for the broncs is about the team winning the comp. Why can't he become the best winger in the game.. the best centre maybe. Do other clubs have this problem??

once again that article doesn't have a single quote from Hoffman

If Hoffman is so keen to be a fullback he should learn how to ballplay. I don't get it though, you'd think he'd be far more shitty at losing out to Corey Norman than Ben Barba given the latter's standing.

FFS, just stick him at centre and tell him he's our savior with Hodges out, maybe that'll do the trick.

I'm getting a little sick of players trying to dictate their positions. As I've said before, what's wrong with playing centre or wing? Some pretty big legends of the club have played there. Sure it's not a 'major position' i.e. 1,6,7,9 etc but look at Hodgo. Our best player and he plays centre. Sure he played FB for the 06 GF and probably could've done for a while longer but for the emergence of K Hunt, but Hoffy can't moan because he still got shafted from FB in attack for a few games there by Hodges. He's had some blinders in the past couple of weeks but he should be happy that there's another great player coming that he'll probably be the beneficiary of try-wise wise and I think every player likes scoring tries (except for Maranta)

You only need to look at Hoffman's last two post on Instagram to see how he's feeling atm. Two photos in the last hour of an ex Bronco currently playing for the Knights.

Are you 1910's great grandson?

No, just the hundredth reincarnation of Gagai's mate who I have no problem with anymore.

Norman wanted to play 5/8 so badly he signed with a back-to-back wooden spoon club, hopefully Hoffy values who he plays for a little more.

I've loved Hoff as a player for years, even through his shitty last season but if this is his attitude I wouldn't miss him. Go play fullback somewhere else, worked out well for Beale.

Honestly, what a sook.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Morkel
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Harry Sack
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Painin the Haas
  • winslow_wong
  • phoenix
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • broncotville
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.