OFFICIAL - Broncos Sign Lowrie, Vidot and Mills

What an absolute disgrace this club has become! Think back to 7 or 8 years ago. There is no way in hell we would ever sign people of the calibre of Stewart Mills or Todd Lowrie. The only players we would sign were players like Tallis, Walters, Mundine, Lazarus etc. Now look where we are. We are now the bottom feeders of the comp along with Parramatta. We never had to rely on rubbish signings.

This is clearly a result of a poorly run football side. Poorly coached, poorly managed and poorly run.

Current management has run this club into the ground.

you're always going to be disappointed if you continue to compare the current situation to the glory days. The world has changed and differences in the league, the player market, contracts etc mean that we aren't always going to be the indomitable powerhouse of days gone. That is part of what being a sports fan is about: the ups and downs that invariably come your way, not just endless sunny days and bandwagoning.

I'm not thrilled with the signings either but they provide depth. most importantly, it isn't like any of the signings are detrimental to the team. They provide a bit of backup, a bit more competition for spots and all of them will have been pretty cheap deals.

They are solid signings provided they are fairly cheap, but the worrying thing is that outside of Barba, who pretty much just fell into our lap, we haven't had a genuine excellent player signing since FOlau. It's just one solid player after another. It's going to be difficult to take the Broncos seriously, since it almost looks like just about every player thinks they've got a better shot of playing here than anywhere else.

Hopefully Lowrie isn't in our top 25 in terms of the salary cap, otherwise he's just a waste. Would rather just play Dodds or Stagg.

Lowrie is a better version of Stagg. Stagg can barely move sideways anymore......

All good signings IMO, we lacked depth and players who could push for an NRL spot, this can only improve us. It lets Oates go the second row bench player, I think Lowrie will start the year as bench hooker.

We will now have a couple of wingers who can contribute yards from our own end and catch a bomb at either end.
No premiership in sight yet but at least we seem to be building a better squad with more than 15 NRL capable players.

What an absolute disgrace this club has become! Think back to 7 or 8 years ago. There is no way in hell we would ever sign people of the calibre of Stewart Mills or Todd Lowrie. The only players we would sign were players like Tallis, Walters, Mundine, Lazarus etc. Now look where we are. We are now the bottom feeders of the comp along with Parramatta. We never had to rely on rubbish signings.

This is clearly a result of a poorly run football side. Poorly coached, poorly managed and poorly run.

ha ha your a knob

the bulk of manly supporters are stoked they made the grand final after being written off all season. it was also a controversial result. if your lot lost the grand final this season, you'd be doing cartwheels, so stop your dribbling

So let me get this straight. You have come onto broncoshq, consisting bagged out the team. For that OUR mods tell us to play nice with you. They let you have a thread dedicated to your cause, because you apparently can't build a forum with the multitude of free software out there that has so many 'how to's' that a trained monkey could pull it off.

So after all this you start attacking
Members... On OUR forum. Hmmm...

All good signings IMO, we lacked depth and players who could push for an NRL spot, this can only improve us. It lets Oates go the second row bench player, I think Lowrie will start the year as bench hooker.

We will now have a couple of wingers who can contribute yards from our own end and catch a bomb at either end.
No premiership in sight yet but at least we seem to be building a better squad with more than 15 NRL capable players.
Dear god no. When Wallace was bench hooker I could at least comfort myself with the fact that he was leaving. The job of a bench hooker shouldn't solely be to make McCullough look fast.

That is just lies. Stop listening to Tallis and think for yourself

So let me get this straight. You have come onto broncoshq, consisting bagged out the team. For that OUR mods tell us to play nice with you. They let you have a thread dedicated to your cause, because you apparently can't build a forum with the multitude of free software out there that has so many 'how to's' that a trained monkey could pull it off.

So after all this you start attacking
Members... On OUR forum. Hmmm...

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Good, although unspectacular, depth signings. I'd be happy to see Vidot get a run on the ring. Still holding my breath for a big half signing though.

Whose ring? Yours? Giggity!!!!

think you'll be very disappointed with that hope of yours, the indications are from major influencers (eg nine) that perth and brisbane will be a certainty, more a case of when not if

Are there any other Brisbane based bids chappy? Or just you guys? Given your confidence that this will come to pass, why have the guys behind the bid not set up a forum of their own? I imagine you're a member of their site? It would actually be a solid way for them to gain support before their "imminent" inclusion.

Not sensitive at all, you are just coming across as arrogant c*nt.

Every forum needs a **** or 2 tbh

On topic: All 3 are solid depth signings and as I understand it, quite cheap. The only one I see making the starting 17 next year is Vidot. Lowrie is also a possibility, depending on what they do with Stagg. Is Mills the same guy from a couple of years ago that looked really promising, suffered an ACL(?) and wasn't able to get back into the FG side?

3 solid depth signings. Also I'm pretty impressed that they're being presented as so by the club instead of the "OMG IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT COMING IN 24 HOURS" that we've seen in the past.

Lowrie - Should account for himself fine during the Origin period and at best could push Stagg for a spot on the bench. We had a couple of injuries in the back row this season so it can't hurt.

Vidot - Probably has the most potential of the 3. Ideally I'd prefer JYY and Hoffman on the wings but both have pretty big question marks for next season.

Mills - Can't say I know much of him but after Hodges & Reeds run of injuries in 2013 it can't hurt to have another option.

Not a lot of video of Mills out there, better than Maranta atleast.

Last edited by a moderator:
All 3 are solid depth signings and as I understand it, quite cheap. The only one I see making the starting 17 next year is Vidot. Lowrie is also a possibility, depending on what they do with Stagg. Is Mills the same guy from a couple of years ago that looked really promising, suffered an ACL(?) and wasn't able to get back into the FG side?

Yes, he is the guy who Gus was losing his lump over and saying it was the best debut he had ever seen.

That defence was a disgrace to bears everywhere.

We lacked depth this season, these are depth signings, the club hasn't built them up to be anything more than that.

Where do you think the signing of Vidot and Mills puts Kahu and Copely?

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Vidot

With Mills and Copley providing depth?

Would Mills be better if he was named Millhouse?

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Bronx48
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.