Official - Ivan Henjak Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Conspiracy theory is this:

Wayne Bennett wants to come back to Brisbane and announce his intentions before the 2011 season begins.

WB Gives word to the Broncos before he left for UK.

Broncos have a look at the player analysis of last year & see that IH has no support from the players. They talk to the team leadership (Locky, Hodges, Parker, Hannant etc) and ask what they think will be best for 2011, to keep IH on or to let him go before the season begins.

The players suggest that keeping IH around won't be beneficial and that they might make a better crack at 2011 with Griffin in charge knowing that WB is coming back to Brisbane.

The Board take action and clear the way for WB to announce his intentions for 2012 when he returns from England, the 2011 season for the Broncos is salvaged somewhat and the young players won't have their feelings hurted by IH anymore.

----
end conspiracy theory. [icon_shady

I just hope if WB comes back there's a PROPER succession plan in place

Coxy said:
All due respect, but your company isn't one of the most popular and well known companies in Australia.

[icon_lol1.

Popular? No. Well-known? Without going into details, I'll have to politely disagree.

Who do you think I work for?

I don't really care. And ultimately that's the thing. People in the general public don't care if some office guy gets sacked.

You certainly seem to have a heightened sense of self importance in your job and that of your company, whatever it is. Something in finance *snorrrrre*

mrslong said:
My Conspiracy theory is this:

Wayne Bennett wants to come back to Brisbane and announce his intentions before the 2011 season begins.

WB Gives word to the Broncos before he left for UK.

Broncos have a look at the player analysis of last year & see that IH has no support from the players. They talk to the team leadership (Locky, Hodges, Parker, Hannant etc) and ask what they think will be best for 2011, to keep IH on or to let him go before the season begins.

The players suggest that keeping IH around won't be beneficial and that they might make a better crack at 2011 with Griffin in charge knowing that WB is coming back to Brisbane.

The Board take action and clear the way for WB to announce his intentions for 2012 when he returns from England, the 2011 season for the Broncos is salvaged somewhat and the young players won't have their feelings hurted by IH anymore.

----
end conspiracy theory. [icon_shady

I just hope if WB comes back there's a PROPER succession plan in place

Yeah, and not this BS about grooming Darren Lockyer to take over as coach.

Look at Nathan Brown. Michael Voss. Recent players becoming coach of the same club is a DISASTER.

Coxy said:
I don't really care. And ultimately that's the thing. People in the general public don't care if some office guy gets sacked.

You certainly seem to have a heightened sense of self importance in your job and that of your company, whatever it is. Something in finance *snorrrrre*

Well that was unprovoked and snide.

We all have opinions that are drawn from our own experiences, and any reference to my job is simply me drawing on what I've seen. Lots of people do that here. I just tend to whinge about it less than others.

Personally I'd like to know what happened with Henjak, but I don't think it's a bad thing for the team/management to keep negative views and news to a minimum.
Bruno in the media was never a good thing as he always came across as emotional and unprofessional. Hopefully this is a sign that they've moved on from that style of communication.

Agree with that. Again, I'm not unhappy with the decision being made, but the timing needs some explanation.

From reading between the lines it seems that there were issues raised as part of the review which were communicated to Henjak, and at this stage in the preseason, nothing had been done by Henjak to resolve them. So they made the decision.

That's fine. Again, it's not emotional or unprofessional to state that that's the case, without going into details.

im not a henjak lover or hater, and if he had to go he had to go - but like others have said, if he had to go surely they wouldve known this 4 months ago? you dont sack a coach 3 weeks before the season starts, you just dont. had they done it 4 months ago, we couldve potentially had Inglis running onto the field in our jersey this year.

i was happy with what henjak got out of the team and where we were heading, so i hope we continue down that path with the new coach.

and for the love of god, PLEASE dont bring back wayne bennett. that would be a MASSIVE backwards step for the club. go after Bellamy, and i mean REALLY go after Bellamy. dont get Mal Meninga, dont get a former Broncos player, dont get a coach we got rid of 2 years ago.

why are people worried about hte team being 'disrupted'? it sure seems (yes, yes, all speculation) that the players were unhappy. better to sort it now then wait til the season starts, or just go through the whole season with everyone unhappy. move him on, players happy, fresh start for griffin. they're professional players. many coaches have been sacked mid season and you see the team win the very next round with a new coach.

Yes but most of the time that same team that wins week one with a new coach fades into oblivion shortly thereafter.

Just an odd situation - that's about all I can say

The more I think about it the more it seems like 1 of 2 possibilities (and possibly a combination of both):

1. The review last year revealed key areas that Henjak had to address. Having gone through the preseason, whatever the KPIs for that were weren't achieved, and so rather than causing disruption throughout the season, punt him now.

2. Something drastic has happened in the last week, potentially even since Saturday's trial at Alice Springs. He's pissed someone off that's tipped this over the edge.

noisetheory said:
why are people worried about hte team being 'disrupted'? it sure seems (yes, yes, all speculation) that the players were unhappy. better to sort it now then wait til the season starts, or just go through the whole season with everyone unhappy. move him on, players happy, fresh start for griffin. they're professional players. many coaches have been sacked mid season and you see the team win the very next round with a new coach.
different coaches bring different gameplans, different player selections, different everything. having that happen 3 weeks before the season starts, after a whole offseason, is never a good situation to be in.

Anonymous person said:
noisetheory said:
different coaches bring different gameplans, different player selections, different everything. having that happen 3 weeks before the season starts, after a whole offseason, is never a good situation to be in.

Why do you think Griffin is going to suddenly change all that? He's been working with Henjak on plans for 2011. I don't think tactically there's much wrong with Henjak. All the reports I'm reading suggest the issue was more with player management and communication.

If that's the case there's no reason - and no sense - for Griffin to change it all. He'll simply step up and continue the preparation as is.

It'd be altogether different if they brought in a new coach from outside. Yes, that would cause issues.

One thing we can rest easy about is that the Broncos management are not stupid.

They won't be bringing in a total change 3 weeks before kick off. They want to keep their sponsors happy.

---
I wonder too about the timing with the 2nd team bid kicking off. Wonder if there was some IH shenanigans going on with that too possibly? eusa_think

Coxy said:
Why do you think Griffin is going to suddenly change all that? He's been working with Henjak on plans for 2011. I don't think tactically there's much wrong with Henjak. All the reports I'm reading suggest the issue was more with player management and communication.

If that's the case there's no reason - and no sense - for Griffin to change it all. He'll simply step up and continue the preparation as is.

It'd be altogether different if they brought in a new coach from outside. Yes, that would cause issues.
i dont think hes going to change all of it, but itd be pretty silly not to think that he'll be changing some things in the way the team will play.

who knows, the players might not have been listening to anything henjaks had to say anyway [icon_lol1.

Why would he need to make changes? Trial form is good. The team has racked up 2 pretty good wins. Tactically and strategically things are looking good. If he makes any changes they will be minor.

Coxy said:
Why would he need to make changes? Trial form is good. The team has racked up 2 pretty good wins. Tactically and strategically things are looking good. If he makes any changes they will be minor.

Maybe he'll give your man Ben Hunt a run? :P

LOL, well that'd be great. But I'm sure he'll make whatever decisions he thinks are in the team's best interests, just as Ivan did.

Let's just hope Griffin communicates those decisions better...and maybe then he won't get the players' noses out of joint.

Darryl Somerville has resigned as chairman over the sacking of Henjak effective immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.