Mar 4, 2008
Re: OFFICIAL - Lama Tasi to the Broncos

rama Lama ding dong!

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

Excited by this signing, lets hope he grabs any opportunities handed to him over the next few weeks as I do think he offers more than Anderson/lui if only to add some size and intimidation.

What I don't hope is that he plays 2 or 3 great games and gets sniped by another nrl club or super league club before we get chance to secure him long term.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Fair enough to have him play some QLD cup before playing at the Broncos. He isn't exactly an established first grader That said I hope he gets in the team pretty quickly if form warrants it. I don't imagine we signed him to play QLD cup for the rest of the year.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

If he's fit my vote is to slot him in off the bench in first grade. He is a first grader already and doesn't need to prove anything. If he wants a chance to be signed long term he will take the opportunity immediately . In which case we will benefit from the get go. Lets not screw him around and give him a shot straight up.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

He'll play next week IMO. Or the week after at the latest.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

QCup? WTF?

What's he going to learn about the 1st grade game plan(s) and plays (such as they are) in reserves?

Dumb dumber and dumbest ... but then, that's football management at the Broncos.

Assuming he's been playing every week, I can see no sense in playing him anywhere but off the bench for us however, I think it is reasonable he gets at least a few training sessions with the top side before he plays.

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

QCup? WTF?

What's he going to learn about the 1st grade game plan(s) and plays (such as they are) in reserves?

Dumb dumber and dumbest ... but then, that's football management at the Broncos.

Assuming he's been playing every week, I can see no sense in playing him anywhere but off the bench for us however, I think it is reasonable he gets at least a few training sessions with the top side before he plays.

Oh my.

He will train with the Broncos all week just play Qld Cup same as everyone else.

They're in NZ all next week in camp then off to Melbourne. He isn't here till mid week. How the hell do you suggest getting him right to play Storm Friday? Fly him to NZ for training? Fly him down to Melbourne Thursday?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Oh my.

He will train with the Broncos all week just play Qld Cup same as everyone else.

They're in NZ all next week in camp then off to Melbourne. He isn't here till mid week. How the hell do you suggest getting him right to play Storm Friday? Fly him to NZ for training? Fly him down to Melbourne Thursday?

No, I'm suggesting he trains with the firsts and plays with them at the first practicable opportunity. I did not suggest he plays v Storm

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

No, I'm suggesting he trains with the firsts and plays with them at the first practicable opportunity. I did not suggest he plays v Storm

They always train with Brisbane. Qld Cup sides get them for one session at the end of the week.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

Way to misunderstand , misrepresent , misinterpret and miss the point 1910 !

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Way to misunderstand , misrepresent , misinterpret and miss the point 1910 !

Can't see how you arrive at that. He was bagging management for Lama not training with the NRL squad which is wrong and what I pointed out. He also bagged him playing Qld Cup again I pointed out the logistical nightmare of him doing anything but this week.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Can't see how you arrive at that. He was bagging management for Lama not training with the NRL squad which is wrong and what I pointed out. He also bagged him playing Qld Cup again I pointed out the logistical nightmare of him doing anything but this week.
Spot on mate!
The management bagging has reached ridiculous levels, where people do it just for the sake of it, regardless of reasoning or common sense...

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

Nothing he wrote implied Lami should go to NZ. I believe he simply wanted Tasi in the side when opportunity presented and not spend time in lower grades. Like a lot of others I feel management at the Broncs has been average at best.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Think back to Shane Tronc. Arrived in the country on the Thursday, was in Sydney playing first grade on Friday.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Things may have changed since Hannant injured his calf though?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Yep. I don't see any reason why you can't rush him into the 17. He's playing prop. It's not like there's complex plays and combinations to learn.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Nothing he wrote implied Lami should go to NZ. I believe he simply wanted Tasi in the side when opportunity presented and not spend time in lower grades. Like a lot of others I feel management at the Broncs has been average at best.
Rnabokov bagged management for Lama Tasi playing Q-cup.
1910 explained why it's bullshit to blame management on this particular issue, which I full agree with.

While people may have reasons to be unhappy with the Broncos management, this is not one of them. People will use any excuse, realistic or not, to continue the relentless bagging. It's getting really old and boring!

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.