[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Please, we've seen Idris and Mortimer move in less then a week. Every other job does it, teachers and nurses transfer at the end of the year and get it done.

Not saying it can't be done. It's just harder to organize. As was explained in more detail after I said this.

Then why is McCrone still playing with Cornish still in reserve grade

Raiders fans don't know why but their isn't much difference in nrl standard between these two players as compared to milford and robinson. My statement was more that Ricky will play it smart and pick his best players because he will be in trouble at the end of the year and struggle to keep his job if they finish with the spoon. And Milford is definitely his best player in that squad hands down. If he didn't pick him and Canberra ended up with the spoon, he would be sacked for not picking him despite him leaving the club.

Anybody watching the Raiders/Titans game ?

Some real nice touches from Milford...including some nice passes to set up plays that resulted in tries.

He's going to be soooooo good for us

Anybody watching the Raiders/Titans game ?

Some real nice touches from Milford...including some nice passes to set up plays that resulted in tries.

He's going to be soooooo good for us 

Yep, he IS the Raiders attack.

**** me he is phenomenal. Can't wait until he gets he.

Suck shit raiders, they have less than nothing without him

Fox Sports have been rapturous in their praise for Milford.......mmmm, nice. Certainly be handy with Hunt, maybe SOO players both sooner rather than later. Now if we can either see the best of Kennedy or purchase a couple of fear inspiring forwards we may be big chances of a GF.

Does pose the question though, doesn't it? Where do you play him?

Clearly he's most comfortable at Fullback. He does his best work chiming into the back line and hanging around the play the ball waiting for offloads. He's great under the high ball and his kick returns are actually quite good. Additionally, he's a tough and strong little bugger; more-so than Barba and doesn't get pushed back on kick returns.

So for mine, he's a natural Fullback.

This then begs the question for me, why the **** are we still playing Barba at Fullback? Him and Hoffman should swap for the rest of the season. Barba will get 15 or so games at 5/8 under his belt, while Hoffman moves to Fullback and provides the team with good kick return meters (and moves to Left Wing or Left Right Out next season) and Barba and Hunt can use him as a hole runner wider out, on both sides - or use him as a decoy to set up Reed and Hodges.

Can someone please tell me where the flaw is in my logic? Because I don't see the problem. Poorer defence than Hoffman? Sure, but we've had Scott Prince before and we made it work. Glenn and Reed can protect him.

What am I missing?? Am I simply missing the "Griffin" factor?

Last edited:
Barba isn't a playmaker and has no future there.

Milford does, so keep Ben at fullback and try and establish a strong combination so Milford can fit in and the Broncos won't rely off him right off the bat, just like Manly didn't start relying on DCE until that double header Broncos game.

Boom.

Barba isn't a playmaker and has no future there.

Milford does, so keep Ben at fullback and try and establish a strong combination so Milford can fit in and the Broncos won't rely off him right off the bat, just like Manly didn't start relying on DCE until that double header Broncos game.

Boom.

I see your point, Pete, I do, but I don't see how we're getting the best out of Barba where he is and how he's being used.

I guess if what you're saying is that Barba can actually start playing as a Fullback, instead of a 5/8-Fullback hybrid, then I can agree. Barba should be playing how Gordon is playing this afternoon for Cronulla. Sniffing around the middle constantly, waiting for the offloads.

If Milford plays a natural 5/8 role, and Barba doesn't have to worry about any play making at all, then I can see it working - and, I think Barba's confidence will improve when he's not being made to play outside his comfort zone.

There's no doubt IMO that Milford is a better fullback than five-eight and I seem to recall he said the same thing at one point. The problem is we already have Barba and our team is going to be stronger with him at fullback. I think the real question though is what happens if someone like Ash Taylor really comes along in his development? A halves pair of Taylor and Hunt with Milford at the back might be better in the future than Milford and Hunt with Barba at the back.

Hypothetical of course but Barba is really going to need to lift his game. As for where Josh Hoffman fits into this? Couldn't give a shit. As long as he's not in our spine he can play any position or for any team he damn well pleases.

There's no doubt IMO that Milford is a better fullback than five-eight and I seem to recall he said the same thing at one point. The problem is we already have Barba and our team is going to be stronger with him at fullback. I think the real question though is what happens if someone like Ash Taylor really comes along in his development? A halves pair of Taylor and Hunt with Milford at the back might be better in the future than Milford and Hunt with Barba at the back.

Hypothetical of course but Barba is really going to need to lift his game. As for where Josh Hoffman fits into this? Couldn't give a shit. As long as he's not in our spine he can play any position or for any team he damn well pleases.

Read my latest reply, Ari. I think Barba will be much better when he goes back to playing his natural game and doesn't have to worry about play making on the left all the time.

You raise a reasonable point too and it's possibly for another thread, BUT, it does leave Hoffman Left Right Out, really. I'd love to see him move to the Left Wing, outside Reed, but you certainly don't dump Vidot to accommodate him, nor do you oust Copley when he's learning the craft from Hodges.

The club has some serious decisions to make next season. I know it's next season and everything, but I'm not entirely confident if Griffin is the man making these decisions and I certainly don't have an agenda here - just calling it as I see it.

I think Milford will be a great 6 for us ... He has a strong running game, but can also pass the ball and put players into space, as he showed today.

Barba will be 100 times better, IMO, once he is able to slim down, and go back to playing his natural game... rather than trying to be our #2 playmaker.

What we need to do is organise Locky to work with Milford during the pre-season and aid his transition to 5/8 role. which he was always destined to play (maybe just a bit earlier since he signed with us). but people are going to have to be patient with him, just like it took Locky a bit of time to adjust to playing in the front line.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.