[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

I see your point, Pete, I do, but I don't see how we're getting the best out of Barba where he is and how he's being used.

I agree but I don't think the Broncos have much of a say in the matter given the condition of Ben's body. If you can remember, when he left the Bulldogs he picked up a serious ankle injury and it's prevented him from applying himself so the coaching staff has been made to make do and play him as a second five eigth to cover it.

I'd like to see how Barba performs after having a full pre-season to get himself right. If he still can't lift and the NYC prospects do, then I'd look at other options.

The way I see it, Barba + Milford wasn't the most ideal pair of signings but given what else was on the table, you couldn't just say no to it either.

Foordy: Agree mate. Milford should have a reasonably good transition, IMO, given how well Ben Hunt has gone this year, Hunt should be able to ease Milford into it next season and let him pick his moments.

Pete: No doubt we couldn't turn down both Milford and Barba. I think Barba took the effects of ankle injury into even about round 9 or 10. He's also carrying an extra 5-7kgs this season. As we've said, he'll be 100% better next year, slimmed down and fully fit (fingers crossed).

It's a dilemma that most other clubs would kill to have, lets be honest.

Can't wait, for me it's a simple decision, Barba loses some weight and stays at fullback, Milford to #6

This kid needs the right coach to guide him. He is going to be the spearhead of our club hopefully for the next 15 years. He can be the next Lockyer and he can help Hunt become the next Langer, but I doubt Griffin is the one to take them there.

Last edited:
I just hope he doesn't do a Folau and head elsewhere after two years.

After Hoffman, it seems like the criteria for a half has become just "able to pass the ball". Hoping Taylor improves quickly, and the Milford can play at fullback

After Hoffman, it seems like the criteria for a half has become just "able to pass the ball". Hoping Taylor improves quickly, and the Milford can play at fullback

your pessimism is just becoming annoying...

nearly everyone on here has said that he has a great running game and the ability to put the players around him into holes... 2 of the most important aspects of a 5/8s play.

I'm going to go one step further and say that i doubt Milford will EVER be our full time fullback.

Barba, Hunt, Macca and Milford all have what it takes to be a very successful long term spine. once Barba is able to slim down, and go back to playing his natural game (i.e. not being our a main play maker) he will improve rapidly.

Wow just watched the highlights reel. That tip on play, FMD, not exactly percentage play but who cares if you have that skill. Also the timing of his support play shows a great reading of the game.

No pessism, optimism that a rookie half guns it, and realism, through actually watching players.

No pessism, optimism that a rookie half guns it, and realism, through actually watching players.

Then try watching Milford without your overbearing agenda saying that Milford is not a 5/8.

It is pessimism that you obviously don't think Barba has what it takes to be our long term fullback

It is pessimism that you obviously don't think Milford has what it takes to be our long term 5/8. If you did, you wouldn't be calling for him to play fullback before even giving him a chance in the 6.

I have no problem with you hoping Taylor guns it. We all do, it is always better to have competition for spots. If we had that thus year, Hoffman wouldn't be wearing 6, he would be on the wing where he belongs.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • davidp
  • Bish
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • johnyE
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.