[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Yeah I know what you mean... The only reason I even bothered responding to him was I was annoyed at the essay post and bored at work.

PS, sorry to bring you into it :beer:

Oh I don't mind, gives me a chance to throw in some puns. ;)

Off topic, but I just had a look at this Greenhouse institution everyone talks about and wow. There are some ridiculously deluded statements on there.

Actually the last report said that our offer was 450k... And thats also what zero tackle has him down for.

So double that is 900k, close enough to a million he turned down. The last report coming out of Canberra was a renewed offer of $1.2 million. Which would be tough for the kid to turn down, I do admit. Especially since it was put in salary in the top 5 in the NRL.

Regardless of what the Broncos offer was at the time (and we don't know because they were all rumours), Milfs family still lived in Bris at that time and he wanted to be with them and move them down to Canberra. Once the Raiders moved his family to Canberra the only reason for him wanting to go didnt exist anymore and the Broncos became a bargaining tool for him to use to get a better deal out of the Raiders. Yep the current Raiders offer is reportedly 1.2m which is absolutely massive. Frankly if he turns that kind of cash down he is mad.

Yeah probably, I don't understand the need to go on another teams forum and troll, it's just annoying and wastes everyone's time.

Im not trolling haha I'm staying right on topic and discussing something which effects both our clubs. Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean I'm trolling. I'm just laying out some facts about the Milf saga that don't sit well with Broncos fans.

Im not trolling haha I'm staying right on topic and discussing something which effects both our clubs. Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean I'm trolling. I'm just laying out some facts about the Milf saga that don't sit well with Broncos fans.

The fact that you said Queenslands greatest ever players were Raiders just proves you're a troll.

Raiders are one of the richest clubs in the comp and can also come up with extensive 3rd party deals just as we did with Papalii. Origin has nothing to do with the Broncos, Milf will be playing it regardless of what club he is at. In fact all of QLDs greatest stars have been Raiders, including their current coach Big Mal. I don't wish we had anything that the Broncos have lol

You just lost all credibility there. Mal, the Walters and Gary Belcher I will give you but I'm not sure guys like Schifcofske and Mogg will be beating out Smith, Inglis, Langer or Lockyer as "QLDs greatest stars".

No amount of money will change the fact that nobody wants to go live in Canberra. I mean their best social establishment is someones roof.

Hundreds of thousands of people prove that statement completely false. Canberra is Australia's premier city and a class above all the others. The standard of living there is second to none. Milford is on record as saying he wants to move his family to Canberra, which has now happened, so he obviously proves you wrong also.

‘‘I’m signed until next year but I’m looking forward to moving my parents down, I’m trying to move them down at the end of the year,’’ Milford said.

Milford wants to make Canberra home | Kiama Independent-Lake Times

Face it, Milford likes Canberra. Oh and only outsiders are silly enough to confuse the federal government with Canberra the city. In fact Canberrans at the moment are the most anti federal government state/territory population in the country. The Liberals (Abbott's) vote in Canberra was the lowest in the entire country and the territory has one of only two state/territory Labor govs. Make no mistake, the federal government does not have Canberra's support.

Sometimes I think a lot of people have me blocked on here lol

Hundreds of thousands of people prove that statement completely false. Canberra is Australia's premier city and a class above all the others. The standard of living there is second to none. Milford is on record as saying he wants to move his family to Canberra, which has now happened, so he obviously proves you wrong also.

‘‘I’m signed until next year but I’m looking forward to moving my parents down, I’m trying to move them down at the end of the year,’’ Milford said.

Face it, Milford likes Canberra. Oh and only outsiders are silly enough to confuse the federal government with Canberra the city. In fact Canberrans at the moment are the most anti federal government state/territory population in the country. The Liberals (Abbott's) vote in Canberra was the lowest in the entire country and the territory has one of only two state/territory Labor govs. Make no mistake, the federal government does not have Canberra's support.

Imagine the uproar if he said "I'm signed until next year but I'm over drinking on a roof and being cold all the time, and I love not living with my folks. Especially my dad who isn't really sick. Just made that story up to get out of her faster."

You just lost all credibility there. Mal, the Walters and Gary Belcher I will give you but I'm not sure guys like Schifcofske and Mogg will be beating out Smith, Inglis, Langer or Lockyer as "QLDs greatest stars".

Mal, Belcher, Jackson, Backo, Coyne, Kevin Walters, Steve Walters, Schifcofske, Mogg, Costigan, Shillo, Papalii.

Mal, Belcher, Jackson, Backo, Coyne, Kevin Walters, Steve Walters, Schifcofske, Mogg, Costigan, Shillo, Papalii.

But you said Queenslands greatest players. We could put a list up with 5 times more players. Whoopdeedoo!

Imagine the uproar if he said "I'm signed until next year but I'm over drinking on a roof and being cold all the time, and I love not living with my folks. Especially my dad who isn't really sick. Just made that story up to get out of her faster."

Huh? I think you're confusing Milford with the pineapple cruisers (Dugan and Ferg). Milford has never climbed onto a roof and started drinking girls drinks. His parents now live in Canberra so that argument is completely void. Canberra has a beautiful mix of weather too, it gets very hot there sometimes and the cold is lovely and refreshing. Only softies winge about nice cool weather in winter.

I must be one of the few here who is not concerned whether Milford comes or not. He is not what we need in the halves but could certainly replace Barba at fullback. We need organizing halves and that is not Milford. I have complete confidence in the halves we have coming through but I would still take Milford as a fullback and release Barba

I can interpret that Milford statement another way.

I'm looking forward to moving my parents down here, while I serve the remainder of of contract here since the Raiders won't honour the get out clause I had inserted, before running as fast as I can back to Brisbane at seasons end.

​he wont say the bold bit while wearing a Raiders jersey, doesn't mean he isn't thinking it though

But you said Queenslands greatest players. We could put a list up with 5 times more players. Whoopdeedoo!

Yep and they are QLDs greatest players. Mal was 100x better than that New South Welshmen Inglis is, and that is saying something because Inglis is a great player no doubt about it. Walters is easily a better hooker than Smith, Belcher was better than Lockyer, and so on. I'm not saying that those players are bad because they aren't, they are all legends of QLD, but the Raiders were better.

Huh? I think you're confusing Milford with the pineapple cruisers (Dugan and Ferg). Milford has never climbed onto a roof and started drinking girls drinks. His parents now live in Canberra so that argument is completely void. Canberra has a beautiful mix of weather too, it gets very hot there sometimes and the cold is lovely and refreshing. Only softies winge about nice cool weather in winter.
Must admit the only thing we don't have in Qld are seasons. You are wrong about the storms though as we have been missing that weather pattern since the early 80's. I miss the afternoon storms, what you are seeing on the radar today is a little bit of piss and wind which lasted all of 5 minutes

It was a joke about Canberra's most famous entertainment venue being someones roof. His parents are more than likely currently on an indefinite holiday in Canberra so Anthony doesn't feel too homesick and his footballing quality won't decline. Have they sold their house or if they rent do you think Anthony is paying it until they return? His parents are coming back and they'll be bringing Anthony with them.

Yep and they are QLDs greatest players. Mal was 100x better than that New South Welshmen Inglis is, and that is saying something because Inglis is a great player no doubt about it. Walters is easily a better hooker than Smith, Belcher was better than Lockyer, and so on. I'm not saying that those players are bad because they aren't, they are all legends of QLD, but the Raiders were better.
Mal was great, Walters was Smiths equal but seriously Belcher is not even close to Lockyers class although a good fullback of his time

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • The True King
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Locky24
  • heartly87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.