[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Re: Locky tells club to throw wallet at Cameron Smith

Would rather a big money offer to Bellamy and groom our home grown players into the next Cameron Smith

Which players are those mate? McCullough is the worst hooker in the NRL, no offence but Baptiste isn't that great either.

This "home grown" crap is what got us into trouble in the first place because instead of recognising the deficencies in the current squad and getting rid of the dead weight, we continue to pick players who simply do not perform.

The club needs a Cam Smith to show some of these over paid numpties how to be professional footballers.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Which players are those mate? McCullough is the worst hooker in the NRL, no offence but Baptiste isn't that great either.

This "home grown" crap is what got us into trouble in the first place because instead of recognising the deficencies in the current squad and getting rid of the dead weight, we continue to pick players who simply do not perform.

The club needs a Cam Smith to show some of these over paid numpties how to be professional footballers.

Just so you know, when you start with 'McCullough is the worst hooker in the NRL" no one will take you seriously. While he's form isn't amazing at the moment and he certainly has a few guys in front of him as far as 'the NRL's best hooker' but there is not one stat, opinion, anything to back up your claim. You might as well started with "I'm the second coming of the lord jesus christ and my piss tastes like cotton candy"

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012

@9NewsBrisbane1m
Broncos and Australian Captain Cameron Smith, not worth the bidding war, says Josh McGuire. #9NEWSat6

Tell Josh McGuire to sod off. Just trying to protect his mate McCullough.

The current squad are rubbish and they got us into the present mess.

I'm not really interested in their opinions about the resolution of said mess.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Tell Josh McGuire to sod off. Just trying to protect his mate McCullough.

The current squad are rubbish and they got us into the present mess.

I'm not really interested in their opinions about the resolution of said mess.

Yeah, but Josh never said that, it's just nine trying to stir shit and get idiots to watch there shitty version of news. If the bit about 'Broncos captain' didn't tip you off...

McGuire said that Smith would definitely be an asset. He said that Macca is his mate and currently he is enjoying playing with him. Not once did he say anything about not wanting smith or that he is not worth a bidding war.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Go McGuire! **** 2 Salaries Smith.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

I say offer it. If he says no, Storm will be paying close to that amount. and unless their second books are back they'll struggle to recruit.
That would be good if it was a two team comp between us and the Storm, but we play another 14 sides so I don't see what we get out of forcing him to sign a mega deal.

They'll still take all the kids on scholarship. ;)

and yeah 1.5 for smith now? lol. how much would be covered under 3rd party and marquee? it'd wanna be close to half otherwise like i said, it's not worth it.

people are saying yeah but smith will help us attract better players - smith will play for us for 2-3 years max, and players aren't gonna jump ship as soon as he's signed, they're gonna wait and see how it goes. that could be 1-2 seasons, which would give them a grand total of 1 season alongside smith.

the scenario is too fanciful to have any basis in reality.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

If this marquee player allowance happens (allowing 1 player outside the cap) then we can offer 1.5 million, no dramas

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

If this marquee player allowance happens (allowing 1 player outside the cap) then we can offer 1.5 million, no dramas

Agree completely. If this allowance comes in then we are essentially paying him 500k (less the massive 3rd party deals that would open up). 500k for Cameron smith? Yes please

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Agree completely. If this allowance comes in then we are essentially paying him 500k (less the massive 3rd party deals that would open up). 500k for Cameron smith? Yes please

Especially if we finish 12th or thereabouts this year and next, and we can use some of the rest of the pot for a new coach

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

At the same time, it's important to learn from glaring mistakes.

If we get Smith, it means part of the reason is to build a winning team culture and focus on the field, aside from his contribution as a player to game results

It also means we must not repeat the Lockyer Debacle: We need to groom a new leader/organizer AND dummy half while (if) Smith is with us, to take care of business when Smith retires. He will be what, 32 when/if he starts, which means maybe 2 full seasons.

Last edited:
kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
Courier mail is reporting that Cam Smith's asking price is 1.5 mil a season. Thoughts? He's the best player in the world but FMD, that's huge

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I haven't attacked them directly, I have attacked their little cotton candy post. Until I start directly attacking members, I'm not doing anything wrong here.

I might be forthright in my views, but that is no different to many here including moderators - provided I don't overstep the line (which I haven't), I will continue to attack cotton candy posts.

I understand it might be amusing for some people, I find it entirely frustrating.

I have to completely agree with you, although I have gotten in trouble with expressing my thoughts about how frustrating they are so you might want to be careful not to cross the line like I did.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I heard on Triple M that the Broncos will table an offer of 1.5Mil too. That's ridiculous.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
id rather we get Smith for $1.5m than be $1.5m under the salary cap, which realistically is the other option.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • bert_lifts
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • Financeguy
  • Ronald
  • Cavalo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Spoon
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.