[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I wouldn't be confident of that. I think we'll have to lose a bunch of players to get a massive signing like one of those, let alone 2. I think it's worth it in the end though, there are always talented jnrs coming through the system, but rarely a world class half or fullback or hooker.

Sorry, I meant as long as we can retain most the roster we have AFTER getting a younger star like a Barba or DCE. I'm happy to give up some players for them but not to do it again to squeeze Smith in a year later.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
while i'd love smith id rather dce. i'd probably rather give dce say 1mil than smith 1.5mil.. he is going to be one of the greats.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
while i'd love smith id rather dce. i'd probably rather give dce say 1mil than smith 1.5mil.. he is going to be one of the greats.
Honestly, I'd give DCE 1.5. He'll be around for the next 5-7 seasons so he's a long term investment in a key position. Plus he's a cleanskin and seems like a down to earth guy - ticks all the boxes.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
lest not forget that in 2015 the salary cap is what, $7 million? if a player is worth $800k in a salary cap of $4.2mil, hes worth $1.5mil in a salary cap of $7mil.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If we are fair dinkum we know that money won't be the deciding factor in whether or not we get Smith or not.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Absolutely BB - if he wants to move up here for his family, seriously, then he'll take a decent offer for the lifestyle. If it's $1.5M included in the cap, forget it. Get DCE instead. $1.5M including third party deals, marquee allowance (if it comes in) - now we're talking.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Still would prefer a half like DCE more than Smith as we have some really capable hookers in our depth like Granville who I thought went well in his outing against the Gold Coast.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'd take DCE over Smith every time if it's for 2015 onwards. Every time.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
As much as I would love Cameron Smith to come to the Broncos I literally would drag myself naked through broken glass from my house to the leagues club to ensure we get a match winning halfback like Shaun Johnson.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
One year? Lol.

We won't win a premiership with McCullough at hooker.

Ok maybe 2, I'm not willing however to skip on 2 young stars just to grab a quick premiership and have to find another hooker as well as fullback and half.

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Ok maybe 2, I'm not willing however to skip on 2 young stars just to grab a quick premiership and have to find another hooker as well as fullback and half.

I would rather win the premiership and deal with the consequences later. Players come off contract all the time and youngsters can be developed.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • KickHaas
  • Dash
  • Lurker
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  • teampjta
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.