[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

Smith can lead us to a premiership.

McCullough can't.

True, but Smith wouldn't have very long to do it .... being 30+ years old.

It depends on how much longer he would play for. No way we will win it in his first year and seeing how much he has slowed down this year I really don't know if we could have him for very long. He would have to be subbed out with Macca I think.

I think he can keep playing until he's 34 at least.

So he'll have two season with us to win a GF ?

I love the bloke, but somehow i can't really see that happening.

Poor Cam looked stuffed out there lastnight...long season for him, guess it's starting to take its toll with him getting older too...

The bloke made 49 tackles, a man of any age would have been stuffed. He's a machine

Rotate Smith and McCollough from the bench (or vice versa), a year or so mentored under Smith won't hurt him.

Poor Cam looked stuffed out there lastnight...long season for him, guess it's starting to take its toll with him getting older too...

He did look stuffed but he had every right to, i thought he still had a very good game on a losing side.

To me Slater looks like the quickest decliner of the big 3, i think his stock will drop the most over the next 2-3 years.

He did look stuffed but he had every right to, i thought he still had a very good game on a losing side.

To me Slater looks like the quickest decliner of the big 3, i think his stock will drop the most over the next 2-3 years.
I agree. There must be talk of wether he retains his QLD an Aus fullback spot.

Unfortunately for Cam there's the World Cup coming up, so no real break for him yet. At least there is no WCC.

I'd hope this rumour can be put to rest, wouldn't be the right signing for a club looking at the future.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

MELBOURNE Storm captain Cameron Smith has told the club his future will be decided before the start of next year.

Smith and the Storm have agreed the decision must be made before round one next season to avoid the risk of ongoing speculation hurting the club’s 2014 campaign.

The star hooker and Australian Test captain still has a year remaining on his contract but the Brisbane Broncos, who are unable to formally *approach him until November 1, are expected to offer him up to $1 million a season to jump ship in 2015.

Melbourne have started formal talks with Smith’s manager Isaac Moses, with the club bullish it can keep him a Storm player for life.

"We’re definitely confident (of keeping him), but I guarantee there will be a decision by the start of next season," Storm football manager Frank Ponissi said.

"You would hate to go through with it hanging over us and it won’t be.
"We’re working away now – we haven’t really touched it the last few weeks given his commitments.

"We will be in there fighting (to keep him), put it that way."

Ponissi said the Storm had room in their salary cap to make a competitive offer to their heavily courted skipper, even after recently retaining fellow Maroons and Dally M medal winners Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater.

It almost sounds to me like.. if we offer Cameron $1m a season (For 2015) on November 1 and he accepts, the Storm may very well grant him an early release for 2014.. or I could be reading this the wrong way.

But they seem like the sort of club who wouldn't facilitate for him in 2014 if he's signed for the Broncos in 2015

Hopefully the Storm keep him.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • kat00
  • Wolfie
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.