Origin 1

So nice seeing Goose Gould on TV eating humble pie by listing all the ways in which QUEENSLAND are a great team, and a better team than his Blues.

The scoreboard fair dinkum flattered these nuffies. All their tries were pure luck - things like Hayne's no look pass inside (lottery) and a Pricey charge down gone wrong bouncing fortuituosly into the wrong hands. Even Goose admitted this fact. They made so many elementary mistakes and they cannot crack our line, simple as that, and how they got so close on the scoreboard, who will ever know. Qld played pretty badly at times but briliantly at others - normally you have to be at your best the whole game to win. Qld can get so much better, here's hoping for a fair dinkum thrashing later in the series.

SINGIN AY AY IPPY IPPY AY!
SINGIN AY AY IPPY IPPY!
AY AY IPPY IPPY!

Astroboy said:
So nice seeing Goose Gould on TV eating humble pie by listing all the ways in which QUEENSLAND are a great team, and a better team than his Blues.

The scoreboard fair dinkum flattered these nuffies. All their tries were pure luck - things like Hayne's no look pass inside (lottery) and a Pricey charge down gone wrong bouncing fortuituosly into the wrong hands. Even Goose admitted this fact. They made so many elementary mistakes and they cannot crack our line, simple as that, and how they got so close on the scoreboard, who will ever know. Qld played pretty badly at times but briliantly at others - normally you have to be at your best the whole game to win. Qld can get so much better, here's hoping for a fair dinkum thrashing later in the series.

SINGIN AY AY IPPY IPPY!
AY AY IPPY IPPY!

If NSW were smart they would axe Poore and one of either Bailey or Kite, they were useless. They have no other decent guys out there but, so win win for us.

Tonga will come in to replace Hodges. To be honest I am sort of glad he went out early because Jennings had his measure.

Price and Pet, nothing to say that hasn't been said, they just do what they do. However I was nearly ready to not name my first born Steve Price when he went up for that kick by Farah. Nate Myles is a gun, I wonder what Freddy thinks that he can never play that good for Roosters. Ash Harrison is an unsung hero.

And a big LOL at everyone who thinks JT isn't a halfback without a long kicking game. We won that game in the back end on his kicking game.

NSW needed dare I say it Ennis at #9. That change and a new five eighth is all I'd make, who at #6 I'm not too sure.

As for the touchie who had a shocker I think it might have been Geoff Younis or something like that, not Chechin. In the touchies defence for the Hayne no try he was obstructed initially by the Qld player, but from then on he was terrible (forward pass, call on Hayne-v-Slater). Give yourself an uppercut Younis.

Good to see Qld have a Broncos fadeout, a bit of a worry but who cares we won and it will be a great day tomorrow.

I think we can safely say that QLD will win the series now. I was always a bit worried about our first match. In the last 3 years, Origin 1 was always the worst game for QLD of the series. We've always heavilly improved in games 2 and 3. Now that O1 is out of the way (and with a win), there's no stopping us. :D

Farah did all the work for the Blues tonight, Wallace did the rest and Carney was nowhere to be seen. Should've selected Mullen.

Shame for Gidley. I have to say I was happy with the 2nd half performance from the Blues. Obviously first half would like to be taken back. There was plenty of forward passes missed and alot of players trying to milk penalties.

Why Wing was not put on earlier is a bit of a ? and geeze we had no general it was a lot of one up stuff and wasn't till Wing got out there that someone in a blues jersey stamped the mark for the team. Still unsure of Haynes try and thought it was very very very close and warranted benefit of the doubt but did wish he came in field just a bit.

But to put it simply experience won the day. No nonsense smart football. Urgency to the ball and urgency to shut the play down. That wins games and it did today.

Russo said:
As for the touchie who had a shocker I think it might have been Geoff Younis

Younis it is. I get him and Cheech mixed up a bit. He had a clear view of when Hayne was dancing on the line IMO, should've made a call either way. If he did then the ref should've gone with it.

fucken hell Rocky, when has Queensland ever won a game on the back of a pass that went a thousand metres forward and 2 kick deflections? Blues were lucky to get as close as they did. I wasn't nervous at all.

Did anyone actually think that Hayne no-try was doubtful? I honestly (no bias) thought it was 100% the correct decision. I couldn't believe people couldn't see that he went out! It seemed so clear to me [icon_shru

The Rock said:
ROFL at your observations Browny. It's a bit hard to live up to your hype when your team gets dominated in 80% of the game.

[icon_lol1.

Hayne and Kidley managed to do something but the rest were deers in the headlights

McManus was a passneger

schmix said:
Did anyone actually think that Hayne no-try was doubtful? I honestly (no bias) thought it was 100% the correct decision. I couldn't believe people couldn't see that he went out! It seemed so clear to me [icon_shru

Yeah, I'm not being biased but his foot touched the line. The video refs just made it look bad because they looked at it like a million times.

schmix said:

Agree 100%. The first was fine, but Hayne runs a bit weird, like flicks his legs back, and that 2nd step he stepped out.

The reason they looked at it so much is so they got it right!

schmix said:

There were 2 steps where he was close. I reckon the first was fine but the second I thought his heel just grounded on the line. Would have accepted either decision but thought benefit of the doubt was going to come up.

The Rock said:
And what are you talking about? He threw the pass back, it floated forward - Like Sterling said to Vautin, learn some physics. But hey - you can have that one if you want. That evens out the no try for Hayne.

What about how Hayne got penalised for obstructing Folau? Do you think that was legit? Hayne had his eyes on the ball at ALL times, he was contesting for the ball - should not have been a penalty, yet it was awarded and Inglis scores on the next set.

So don't go talking about luck.

Floated forward my fat arse! If a ball floats forward then it had to have gone backwards at some stage. It didn't.

As for the Hayne penalty, it seemed pretty obvious to me that he took out Folau and he wasn't even near the ball!

The Rock said:
schmix said:

Which angle? The front angle looked like the back of his foot touched - But if you look at the side view (the best view), it shows that his foot didn't touch the line. From the side view, there is absolutely no way that you can 100% definitely say that he put his foot on the line. Absolutely no way.

Browny - I agree about McManus. But there wasn't any hype about him anyway.

Monaghan will replace McManus anyway.

Who will replace Hodges?

Do we move Izzy to the centres and put Kemp on the wing?

Whatever, it was clear that he stepped on the line the 2nd time so the right call was made.

If he wasn't wearing such gay boots he probably would have got away with it.

Like you said Rock the 2 doubtful tries even up. I was happy with the one awarded (physics).

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • HVbronco
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
  • The True King
  • Spooky1013
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • rj9
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Robboi_321
  • Shane Tronc
  • Stix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.