Origin 1

Changes are simple.

Monaghan in for McManus
Gallen back in for Lewis (if fit)
Stewart back in for Laffranchi (if fit)

Nothing else needs to change.

schmix said:
Did anyone actually think that Hayne no-try was doubtful? I honestly (no bias) thought it was 100% the correct decision. I couldn't believe people couldn't see that he went out! It seemed so clear to me [icon_shru

He stepped on the line twice while carrying the ball - which from my understanding of the rules meant he was out of play and that they no-try ruling was totally correct.

Coxy said:
While I agree Queensland has a lot of improvement in them, and needs it before Game 2...NSW have MORE improvement needed.

Seriously, if Queensland tighten up that 10-15 minute slack off midway through each half, NSW will have to lift probably 30% to be competitive. For all their easy metres, all 3 tries came from kicks.
+10

That's right, any improvement that Qld has to do, we all know they can do, they've done it before, but Nsw has a long way to go to get over us and though that loss will help their development, it will also get the Qld'ers trashed by Mal for letting it get so close - so you can bet they'll fire up

Also next game in Sydney, Qld are always under-dogs there so we can ditch our favourites tag

I can't believe rocky's whinging about that Hayne no-try, he clearly touched the sideline with his heel, the fact that NSW wasn't able to get a fair dinkum try out of those first 5 mins where everything went their way with bs calls

Here comes a series whitewash _woohoo_

Beachy said:
schmix said:
Did anyone actually think that Hayne no-try was doubtful? I honestly (no bias) thought it was 100% the correct decision. I couldn't believe people couldn't see that he went out! It seemed so clear to me [icon_shru

He stepped on the line twice while carrying the ball - which from my understanding of the rules meant he was out of play and that they no-try ruling was totally correct.

Exactly. I can't even believe there is a debate about this.

The Rock said:
Whatever.

Fact is, if QLD want to win game 2 they'll have to improve and step it up big time. If you guys can't see that, you're either stupid or you're a Queenslander. (Both come hand in hand though...)

A) NSW will LEARN from the Slater and Thurston try.
B) NSW will LEARN to compose themselves more and use their possession more wisely. (Last 30 metres we made metres with ease, we just sucked at putting points on the board. Too much dropped ball and shit)
C) NSW will gell better in the second game - We had trouble with our combinations all game.

By rights, QLD should have put 40 on us tonight and at 24-6, they should have put us to bed.

I agree with that last line, that they should. Mal will be FURIOUS [icon_evillaugh

Yeah and NSW will learn plenty, but knowing what our backline will do and actually stopping it are two totally different things. As Coxy said, if Qld cut out the slackness they showed in game 1, you'll need something pretty special to get close.

I was just thinking I remember when watching those 3 Qld tries in the first half, that they looked pretty well drilled with all those skills on display, and like a team that had already been playing together all year - I guess that's the equivalent of the 3 or so Origin series and all the Test matches that most of them have been together, while NSW looked like, dare I say it, a bunch of blokes who've never played together before. Hopefully the NSW selectors will do the usual thing and swing the axe through a losing team, resulting in a whole new set of untried combinations for next time. _woohoo_

How Thurston was judged MOTM is beyond me, as Civoniceva was easily the best for mine. Slater was outstanding too, as was Inglis. It's not that Thurston played poorly, but IMO the performances of those 3 were clearly better than that of JT

Beachy said:
How Thurston was judged MOTM is beyond me, as Civoniceva was easily the best for mine. Slater was outstanding too, as was Inglis. It's not that Thurston played poorly, but IMO the performances of those 3 were clearly better than that of JT

Slater was outstanding??? - the original hot and cold player, thank god for Hayne's incompetence

Inglis was tops, Civi was amazing - Harrison was awesome, a real standout

GO QLD YOU LEGENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love everyone of you! Slater what a legend! (only for QLD though, Friday he is a grub) Thurston had an awesome game, Inglis was terrific I loved the game tbh.

Blues tried, but tbh the halves were MIA. Farah, Hayne and Creagh were the stand outs for the Blues and I think farah was forced to play halfback and 9 because campese went completely missing and wallace for the most part was missing. Campese got 4 kicks for 45 metres, that is pathetic LOL.

Also the first no try decision
WTF
No honestly wtf, it was obvious as to me. As soon as the play happened, I told my mate straight away that's a 100% no try his foot touched the line before seeing the replay, then there were 2 replays which pretty much confirmed it yet the commentators and fans alike are having a sook about it? Either they're playing dumb or using the ref as an excuse dead set.

Too add to that, seriously, wtf does a touch judge do besides run up and down the field? If i could see it from tv then a touch judge should of been able to see it right in front of him or they are too scared to make the call [icon_shru

firstly, a big congrats to melbourne. Last year i think i saw 1 jersey in sydney the day of the game. I saw about 50 qld jerseys in melbourne. And that was before the game!

Secondly, lol at rocky. How is slater being the only 1 that could score that try, lucky? Thats the dumbest thing u have ever said. He is the only 1 that could do that, thats y he is there! Hardly lucky.

Slater proved tonight he is the best fullback in the game. Safe as a house. Scored tries. Even stopped o'donell over the line somehow. Brilliant.

There were moments in that 2nd half where we were only making about 5m a tackle until price and civo chimed in. Thats a worry. They wont be around forever.

I thought thaiday was great in defence but showed its not just broncos coaching that makes him run back at the markers and drop like a sack of shit. Useless in attack.

Thurston, inglis, boyd, myles, and folau were awesome.

As for the wanks in blue. Creagh was a machine but went missing in the 2nd half. Wing was their best player. Campese showed he cannot play when he isnt the main go to guy. Him and mcmanus will go imo.

Need to tighten up the ruck. They shouldnt make 70m a set. Also need to help out our old props. They had little support tonight. Tonga in for hodges. Please not michaels.

Suck shit nsw. QUEENSLANDER

Great crowd and big wraps to the Qlders who outnumbered the blues by far. My son said his hotel was all Qlders and at the game 4 to 1. Could hear them as though it were Suncorp. Well done. You can't pretend that Qlder feeling. It is the maroon blood and can't be just bought.

Our tries shear class. NSW lucky tries and Qld just skill and guts.
Haynes no try had me laughing that they even bothered to go upstairs. Touchies have to be on the take just as they have been for years .Forward pass by Haynes when the ref could see it himself to allow that try was total joke. Pleased they went upstairs on the Hayne foot on the line as it should have shut the whingers up but obviously not

Slater and his sheer brilliance shone through once again. The bloke has to be one of the greatest athletes and most passionate around atm. icon_thumbs_u Thurston deserved mom IMO. The guy busts a guts every time he runs onto a footy paddock.

Scoreline flattered NSW. We chucked in a final try on the hooter which made it even more sweet as we were a much better side than just to win by just 6.

2nd Origin is ours for the taking. The complacency the blokes took in their little nap period won't be there in this one.

Game 2 will be ours no worries..

The Rock said:
Browny said:
Better team won scoreline flattering for the blues. The End

Scoreline flattered QLD.

Also look at all the tries QLD scored. Most of them weren't perfectly executed or anything - they just had that extra drive to get there.

Slaters try first up - If it was anyone but Slater, it would have gone dead.
Inglis try - Should not have been given the opportunity anyway, wasn't a penalty on Hayne. Inglis just gets over after pushing and fighting his way over...nothing special in that.
Thurston try - Was a messy try and Thurston got a great bounce and the kick by Folau held up well. There was 4 NSW players there, Thurston was in the right place at the right time.

Inglis try - well executed set up and Inglis is just too good.
Thurston try - maybe next time two massive forwards should try a bit harder to wrap up Cam Smith so he can' get an offload away, then that try wouldn't have come about. Well worked ad-lib play, JT just wanted it more than those 4 guys.

The Rock said:
Farah's rebound of Price - He made that luck. He had the urgency and determination to be there to pick it up and race away, and he also managed to have an alert player in support.

How was Thurstons try messy and it just happened to be a case of being in the right place in the right time vs. Farah having the 'urgency and determination to be there?

The Rock said:
Whatever.

Fact is, if QLD want to win game 2 they'll have to improve and step it up big time. If you guys can't see that, you're either stupid or you're a Queenslander. (Both come hand in hand though...)

A) NSW will LEARN from the Slater and Thurston try.
B) NSW will LEARN to compose themselves more and use their possession more wisely. (Last 30 metres we made metres with ease, we just sucked at putting points on the board. Too much dropped ball and shit)
C) NSW will gell better in the second game - We had trouble with our combinations all game.

By rights, QLD should have put 40 on us tonight and at 24-6, they should have put us to bed.

If NSW want to win game 2 they'll have to improve more.

Even more scary for you is that QLD will gel better in the second game, if recent history is anything to go by game 2 we really fire up.

Seriously dude you are clutching at straws massivley and deep down you know NSW has a ridiculously hard job coming back from here.

And JT was def my MOTM. We won that game on the back of his kicking - 2 in particular, when Gildey lost all spatial awareness skills and then he put in a massive 70m punt that found grass. The combo he and Locky have going is schweeeeeet.

The Rock said:
We usually always play well in Sydney. I am VERY glad that game 2 is in Sydney and not game 1 - It gives us time to get things together and work on a few things.
Usually always?? Rock, you're clearly delirious. [icon_wink

I think Gus said it last night (and god knows I don't like to agree with him but he was spot on) - NSW will take hope from that game and know that they can improve....however QLD will do the same. Whether NSW can improve enough remains to be seen, but I'm tipping Mal and the players, when sitting down and looking at the game in the cold hard light of day rather than straight after when all the celebrations of simply winning are going on, will be pretty damn upset with themselves that they gave NSW a chance. That being the case, I don't see how NSW will be able to improve as much as they need to.

The Rock said:
Fact is, if QLD want to win game 2 they'll have to improve and step it up big time.

LOL

I agree that QLD didn't play as good as they could have and probably should have won by more, but I think it's NSW who have to improve more than QLD. THEY LOST THE GAME

Fozz said:
Farah did all the work for the Blues tonight, Wallace did the rest and Carney was nowhere to be seen. Should've selected Mullen.

Yeah, I never saw Carney on the field at all

Only thing I will say in criticism of Slater is that on the Hayne no try he had NFI what he was doing. He had to go in on Hayne and hit him. The support had cover coming. That was utterly terrible from Slater.

I could look into the good and the bad from both sides. However I think I'll spare myself the time.

QUEENSLANDER!

Completely agree Coxy - there was no need for that to even go to the video, Slater should have smashed him and not even given him a chance to get across the line.

on the Hayne no try, there was a divot left on the line which is clearly visible in the replay, why didnt gould see that one?

pfft nsw was lucky to get so close, but like rock has been saying, in origin you make your own luck and i think qld became a little complacent, but why wouldnt you after being 24-6 in front? both teams will improve out of this but i think nsw need to improve ALOT more because the bounce of the ball has a habbit of evening itself out and its hard to imagine nsw getting so many "lucky" tries in game 2. sydney will be closer, but i think the closer the game the better qld will play, they didnt seem to kick in to gear until they needed to last night and that was a little worrying, this could be seen right from the start when they looked in trouble with hayne down sideline, got off, then came back and scored 3 tries, they clocked off, then when nsw came to within 6 they pulled out another try just to finish the game off.

personally im peeved off, i had 50 bucks on slater first try/qld 13+ at $25... so them not putting them to the sword cost me $1250

Active Now

• Dash
  • Tim K
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Spooky1013
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mick_Hancock
  • FACTHUNT
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.