Origin 1

The Rock said:
Which angle? The front angle looked like the back of his foot touched - But if you look at the side view (the best view), it shows that his foot didn't touch the line. From the side view, there is absolutely no way that you can 100% definitely say that he put his foot on the line. Absolutely no way.

I thought he was out when I first saw it, I was certain he was out when they showed him from behind and directly in front.

Bloody annoying it took 10 views to get it, I've said all along the touchies need to grow some balls and make a call (right or wrong) and secondly limit the number of replays the video ref get. If they awarded the try on the back of that I would've been spewing but I could live with it.

The Rock said:
Touch judges are useless. What is the point of them!?!?!? The touchie was right farking there! Yet they go upstairs? WTF? The touchie had the best view on it! Also, they looked at the damn thing 10 **** times. So if they needed to look at it 10 times on the replay, then they must not very sure at all right? That's where the benefit of the doubt rule comes in you idiots By rewarding that try, they are basically saying that they DEFINITELY HAVE NO DOUBT that he put his foot on the line - in that case, why did you need 10 looks at it for you to reward it? Absolute rort.

[icon_lol1.

I thought the touchie actually did the right thing. Imagine if he put his flag up?, all of NSW would have been saying why didn't they check.
As for the decision I thought it was correct, sure they looked at it 10 times but I was thinking they were looking for a reason to give it and couldn't even justify benefit of the doubt.
If his foot was the ball and they were judging a grounding for a try they would have given it, simple as that, so on that basis it has to work the same.

As for the Hayne forward pass, possibly the most absurd decision I've ever seen. When you have a line to judge by and the ball goes from hand to ground surely you a judging on a knock on not a forward pass.

QLD played very well except the first 5 minutes and about a 15 minute period in the second half sparked by Craig Wing. I don't understand the controversy over the Hayne no try his foot was clearly on the line. NSW have a lot of work to do they scored 3 tries, the first was off an obvious forward pass/hurl back into field and the second and third were off deflected kicks. I thought Farah was reasonably good but the halves lacked any authority whatsoever, both Wallace but particularly Campese were way too gun shy and the fact it took Craig Wing to spark them showed this.

Thought Civo and Price were superb as per usual and either would have got my MOTM slightly ahead of Thurston and Harrison. NSW got the props all wrong Kite is a nuffy and Bailey just doesn't seem to hit his straps in a Sky Blue jumper, Weyman looked good he needs to start and they need to drop Kite for Galloway (if fit).

Gidley and McManus had horrible matches, considering McManus was probably picked almost solely for defense he let his side down tremendously with bad reads and a massive lack of pace. All in all NSW need to make changes because they won't get as much luck on the scoreboard in game 2.

From a QLD perspective, I thought we were allowing them to make huge meters; sometimes 60-70 meters per set. I was also getting sick of charge downs, personally I don't think they're worth the risk - Price had two in the game and both resulted in trys (even though his first one gave them another 6, it was on that set that Hayne scored his no-try), Thurston and Price both stuck their arms out on NSW kicks, both directly resulting in NSW trys.

Better team won scoreline flattering for the blues. The End

Sorry Rock but it was obvious to me that Hayne was on the line with the no-try from my first view of it. I would've said it if was Lockyer, Price, Hodges, Inglis, Folau that it was a no-try.

The Rock said:
Honestly, some of you guys are so biased. I know other QLD fans who even said it should have been benefit of the doubt with Hayne's try! IMO, you cannot definitely say it was a no try (hence the decision to look at it 10 bloody times....they need 10 goes. If it was THAT conclusive then why did it take them 10 goes? Answer me that).

You couldn't say yes or not do this one, therefore benefit of the doubt rule applies.

Please Gymp - Don't talk about Luck. QLD had their fair share.

Luck what luck? We outplayed you by a mile and you were gift wrapped a try? I just think the Video Ref wanted to be sure and he looked at Hayne's boot on the line enough times to be certain, I do not fathom how anyone can not see he had his foot clearly on the whiteline. The penalty count was about even and both sides had some odd calls go against them but QLD was the only side punished on the scoredboard.

Fozz said:
Sorry Rock but it was obvious to me that Hayne was on the line with the no-try from my first view of it. I would've said it if was Lockyer, Price, Hodges, Inglis, Folau that it was a no-try.

I agree, I was blowing up because I hadn't realised they were going upstairs to check.

Also I agree with Rock, we had our fair share of luck, thats footy.

The Rock said:
ROFL at your observations Browny. It's a bit hard to live up to your hype when your team gets dominated in 80% of the game.

Honestly, I really hope that QLD come out and play like they did in Game 2. QLD have shit loads of improvement to do if they want to win in Sydney. They should have had no problems rapping the game up at the 50th minute, and they should have had 40 with the amount of stupid dropped balls and lack of field position by NSW.

Touch judges are useless. What is the point of them!?!?!? The touchie was right farking there! Yet they go upstairs? WTF? The touchie had the best view on it! Also, they looked at the damn thing 10 **** times. So if they needed to look at it 10 times on the replay, then they must not very sure at all right? That's where the benefit of the doubt rule comes in you idiots By rewarding that try, they are basically saying that they DEFINITELY HAVE NO DOUBT that he put his foot on the line - in that case, why did you need 10 looks at it for you to reward it? Absolute rort.

I would make ONE change to that NSW side for game 2. James McManus. He's nothing but a club footballer and he looked completely lost out there. Complete shit.

The rest of the team IMO we should keep. I thought our back rowers were pretty dangerous at times (Creagh is farking awesome) and Wing, Farah and Hayne also had very good games. Farah and Wing MUST be on the field at the same time in game 2. O'Donnell is a machine.

Honestly, to be only 6 points down with 1 minute to go........considering how much dropped ball we had and considering we had trouble gelling with the new team, and considering Hayne's try should have been a try - Very positive.

Also, I am SO glad Ennis didn't play. With the way the game went, Ennis would have had 4-5 brain explosions for sure! Farah kept composed and did well.

IMO, NSW lost this game purely on inexperience and nerves.

We'll win game 2.

ROFL At Astroboy!! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Luck? How many times have QLD WON origin series on luck and fortune? Dead set, give yourself an uppercut! You make your own luck in Origin, and that's a quote often used by many QLD greats. It's OK for you guys to create your own luck but not for NSW. [icon_lol1.

ROFL at you Rock [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

When has a referee ever "rewarded" a try??? [icon_shru

And fair dinkum, it was NSW in 2000 who won off a play with a thousand knock ons and 3 or 4 forward passes which big Gordy couldn't help telling blue blooded Billy boy what he thought of it. Then there was the 1990 Melbourne Greg McCallum debacle, and the Willie Carne "no try" in 1993 with the photo in the Courier Mail next morning showing him 3 or 4 metres onside. FGS Qld have never needed luck to win, NSW have needed it heaps. Qld win because they play to the final whistle, and never give up. Even when they get 4 freaky lottery tries against them. _woohoo_

The Rock said:
Browny said:

Scoreline flattered QLD.

Also look at all the tries QLD scored. Most of them weren't perfectly executed or anything - they just had that extra drive to get there.

Slaters try first up - If it was anyone but Slater, it would have gone dead.
Inglis try - Should not have been given the opportunity anyway, wasn't a penalty on Hayne. Inglis just gets over after pushing and fighting his way over...nothing special in that.
Thurston try - Was a messy try and Thurston got a great bounce and the kick by Folau held up well. There was 4 NSW players there, Thurston was in the right place at the right time.

Pure skill for the long range try by Inglis and strong fend and offload against a team that were not expecting a blind side raid. I think they were "special"

The Rock said:
Browny said:

Scoreline flattered QLD.

Also look at all the tries QLD scored. Most of them weren't perfectly executed or anything - they just had that extra drive to get there.

Inglis try - Should not have been given the opportunity anyway, wasn't a penalty on Hayne. Inglis just gets over after pushing and fighting his way over...nothing special in that.
Thurston try - Was a messy try and Thurston got a great bounce and the kick by Folau held up well. There was 4 NSW players there, Thurston was in the right place at the right time.

So there was no skill, execution or tactics in our tries or their lead ups then? Honestly stop Rocky your making out that you have NFI. Especially you state the scoreline flatters us when you had one joke try and two tries although the lead up play was good were executed with ricocheted kicks and we scored all 5 of our tries legitimately and without the use of Blue dodgems.

The Rock said:

Yep, NSW had NOTHING. No commitment, no skill, no clue, no chance.

The Gymp said:
[quote="The Rock":3n9iinku]
Browny said:

Scoreline flattered QLD.

So there was no skill, execution or tactics in our tries or their lead ups then? Honestly stop Rocky your making out that you have NFI. Especially you state the scoreline flatters us when you had one joke try and two tries although the lead up play was good were executed with ricocheted kicks and we scored all 5 of our tries legitimately and without the use of Blue dodgems.[/quote:3n9iinku]

Couldn't agree more. Have never seen anyone clutch at straws so desperately. So funny to see Rock want to blame one or two particular refereeing decisions every time NSW loses, which is most of the time these days [icon_razz1

Only a NSW fan with the bias of commentator David Morrow, or Rock, would say he didn't step on that line.

BTW to prove I am fair I understand the dynamics of forward passes - the pass has to be backward relative to the movement of the players, so it can actually be forward relative to the ground. Fatty was tounge-in-cheek in his mock protest, but Sterlo explained it well enough. It was a "pure luck" try - a no look pass inside that happened to find a team-mate - but a legitimate one.

The point is though, all of the NSW tries were pure luck. They could not get a fair dinkum one all game. They did not deserve to be so close to this Qld team who RAN IN tries by running rings around the NSW defence. And if they decide to actually play the full 80 minutes next time, then NSW had better hope for twice as much luck to make it close.

I should also say, does anyone remember someone somewhere in the media allegedly saying Ebony and Ivory are past it and too old? LOL! ROFL!

Gee Rocky let it go. Excuses excuses excuses. Qld 1 NSW 0, and 2 games to go move on buddy as you are really showing sour grapes now

1311775646_f611aceff7.jpg

That's what you need mate. A good stiff hug.

While I agree Queensland has a lot of improvement in them, and needs it before Game 2...NSW have MORE improvement needed.

Seriously, if Queensland tighten up that 10-15 minute slack off midway through each half, NSW will have to lift probably 30% to be competitive. For all their easy metres, all 3 tries came from kicks.

For NSW's sake, i hope that the seelctors don't do what they usually do when NSW lose a game and make half a dozen changes

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • animal eater
  • Jedhead
  • sooticus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • eggstar10
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Fatboy
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.