Pathetic Sydney Roosters Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams would though. Look at these figures (just included the Sydney teams).

Round 1, Tigers v Manly - 18,421 (SFS)
Round 3, Sharks v Souths - 10,741 (Toyota Park)
Round 4, Souths v Bulldogs - 30,120 (ANZ)
Round 5, Eels v Raiders - 15,122 (Parra)
Round 7, Manly v Titans - 15,195 (Brookie)
Round 9, Roosters v Cowboys - 6,478 (SFS)

Sorry Rock but those figures back up broncospwn's original argument. In reality, that Round 9 crowd figure is pathetic, there were over 18000 at the SFS in round 1 so they didn't need the excuses back then.

The Rock said:
Hey Nashy, how is it silly to compare the 2? If you put a Cowboys game on a Monday night, they'll struggle to draw 6,000.

They had a Monday night game last year against Newcastle.

There goes that theory.

Sydney doesn't have a population of 150,000.

The Rock said:
westical said:
Sydney doesn't have a population of 150,000.

Not all of Sydney are Roosters fans.

Not all of Brisbane are Broncos fans. What's your point?

So which one sounds worst -

Population of 180,000, one team, crowd of 11,892

OR

Population of 4,500,000, nine teams, crowd of 6,478

I guess the big question is:

If some Sydney teams were culled, would attendance for the remaining teams go up or remain as they are now?

The Rock said:
Ah but hang on, it's not 180,000 it's Townsville and pretty much every little town 200km North, West and South of Townsville too.

On a Monday night, no that is not the case. On a Monday night, it's just the 180,000 in Townsville, the other little towns within that 200km radius are irrelevant on Monday nights. And their last Monday night crowd was 11,000 (IIRC).

Mate don't get me wrong, I agree with you that Sydney should get more Sunday games and less Monday ones but regardless of the day of the week, 6000 is a piss poor effort.

The Rock said:
Bajar said:
I guess the big question is:

If some Sydney teams were culled, would attendance for the remaining teams go up or remain as they are now?

They would be LESS. Because you'd have the 7 Sydney teams playing more teams that have supporter groups out of state, so culling 2 teams for example, would slightly reduce crowd averages in Sydney. It would take another 10+ years to increase crowds in Sydney if teams were culled because you'd need about that time for kids to grow up and choose a team to support.

What rubbish! 2 less sydney teams would result in more quality football and thus more CASUAL fans in sydney to attend games.

Honestly, right now nobody in their right mind would go watch the Roosters play other than their 13 diehard fans.

Nah. Rock. Listen carefully. Sydney is holding rugby league BACK. It doesn't CARE about rugby league anymore.

There are far too many teams, far too many administrators, and far too many idiots from Sydney who think it's the home of rugby league. It's not. It's the dwindling remainder of a sport that will die if it does not take expansion seriously in every sense of the word.

The fact there are still clubs in Sydney whose members (the buck toothed idiots we see at Parramatta Stadium every second week) vote their administration in says it all.

IMO, kick out any team that is not privately owned.

Pffft, yes, crowds are turning up , in numbers circa 6000.

*yawn*

My apologies, 7000 then.

Maybe Sundays are not for Cronulla. Just over 10k is pretty poor IMO, I understand why it is low but it is still pretty poor from their fans.
I didn't think it was a bad crowd for the Tigers vs Souths game 30k at the scg. It was a day of a few seasons with the rain and sun fighting over who was allowed over the ground. Plus scg is such a terrible ground to watch the footy. Worst thing was they didn't open the bar till 1pm, which was the 2nd half of NYC.

Slight change of topic.

But I don't think the Rabbitohs should've been admitted back into the competition when they were.

Talk about a drag, Rabbits really did little for the code.

Back on topic. I heard on 2GB driving home. That it is the first time in 100+ years of the comp that 3 games at 3 different stadiums on the same weekend have had 30k+ supporters.

Can someone post some averages of the past few years of crowds for the Broncos and Titans home games.

Yep. Sydney is the heart of league....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.