Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bannermania said:
NSW licks butthole.

Pffft, no way. They'd be far too busy going to cafes and nightclubs to have time to lick butthole.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Um don't you think that I'm the LEAST biased out of everyone?

I support a QLD team and I'm a New South Welshman. Everyone else is a Queenslander supporting a Brisban team. Pretty sure my view is the least biased view out of the lot. icon_thumbs_u

k thx bai.

Thats totally irrelevant. One part of our argument is based on the FACT we sell out every origin game here. Thats fact. Everything u say such as "sydney has more things to do", "sydney folk like walking up to a game and buy tickets" is all just your opinion, nothing else

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
The Rock said:
Just look at our ever improving crowd figures and the growing memberships for our teams. FACT is, interest in the game in Sydney IS growing and Rugby League in Sydney is HUGE. Always has been, always will be. And it'll continue to grow. [icon_lol1.
i dont understand this. if Sydney IS the heartland of Rugby League, why do we have to look at IMPROVING crowd figures that are still far less than what we get in Brisbane, or 'growing memberships for our teams' when again, the membership numbers are far less than Brisbane? yes, interest in rugby league in Sydney might be growing, but its only growing to try and catch how much interest there already is in Brisbane!

get back to us when all this improving and growing gets to even say 75% of what Brisbane/QLD was at 5 years ago, then maybe youll have a leg to stand on.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Seriously, look at this.

Home crowds average over the club's life time.

Brisbane: 26383
Gold Coast: 20290
North Queensland: 17177

The only NSW club that comes close is Newcastle on 18695, then Wests Tigers (15871) and St George-Illawarra (13828).

Hell, even NZ Warriors (14007) and South Queensland Crushers (13683) have outdone most Sydney clubs.

Pathetic really.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
To be fair the Crushers were letting people in for free for a while when everything was turning to shit for them :P

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
To be fair the Crushers were letting people in for free for a while when everything was turning to shit for them :P

What, like 2 for 1 offers for Origin in Sydney? :P

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, basically. Certainly no less than 15000.

And if clubs can't achieve that, they should be cut/merged/relocated.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
So far, Roosters, Penrith, Cronulla all fail under 15000, and Manly only just make it.

Roosters and Cronulla I can almost understand, their teams are shit.
But Manly and Penrith are top 4. That's just disgraceful. Utterly disgraceful.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="Anonymous person":1tsbfqji][quote="The Rock":1tsbfqji] Just look at our ever improving crowd figures and the growing memberships for our teams. FACT is, interest in the game in Sydney IS growing and Rugby League in Sydney is HUGE. Always has been, always will be. And it'll continue to grow. [icon_lol1.
i dont understand this. if Sydney IS the heartland of Rugby League, why do we have to look at IMPROVING crowd figures that are still far less than what we get in Brisbane, or 'growing memberships for our teams' when again, the membership numbers are far less than Brisbane? yes, interest in rugby league in Sydney might be growing, but its only growing to try and catch how much interest there already is in Brisbane!

get back to us when all this improving and growing gets to even say 75% of what Brisbane/QLD was at 5 years ago, then maybe youll have a leg to stand on.[/quote:1tsbfqji]

What. You have ONE team. We have NINE. And you want to compare memberships and crowds purely by crowd figures?

Please give me some reasons why you believe Brisbane is now the the heart of rugby league and that Sydney is not? What has changed? Tell me.[/quote:1tsbfqji]

who said anything has changed? we were always the heart of league

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
So far, Roosters, Penrith, Cronulla all fail under 15000, and Manly only just make it.

And really, if we must include the whole nightlife debate (which I personally think is ridiculous), what the hell is there to do in Penrith besides go to the football/leagues club?

Krispy Kreme? Aqua Golf?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Winners of this thread: Everyone whose name isn't Shaun.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
schmix said:
Coxy said:

And really, if we must include the whole nightlife debate (which I personally think is ridiculous), what the hell is there to do in Penrith besides go to the football/leagues club?

Krispy Kreme? Aqua Golf?

That's silly. If you're from Penrith, you don't just venture out in Penrith, you head away from it !It's not like they say, "Oh what's there to do tonight in Penrith? Hmm no where to go, let's go to the footy!"

Seriously? Everyone in Penrith is always willing to travel over an hour to get into the CBD?? Maybe occasionally, but not likely 2-3 times a week.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Fastest train from Penrith to Central on a Friday or Saturday night is still over 50 minutes. Add in travel time to and from stations and it will be well over an hour.

Sure there will be 18 year olds that do it, but a vast majority of the population don't have the time/energy/money to make the effort. I would guess that a large percentage of Penrith residents would stay in and around the Penrith area on weekends.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
SO Rocky did it so the whole of Sydney and surrounding areas must do it also??

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You Sydney siders did get a Sunday game, the Channel 9 Game in fact and how much did it draw?

Just over 10K.

Pretty dreadful stuff.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bah whatever. Your stamina for arguments is incredible.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":mcofdkpo]You Sydney siders did get a Sunday game, the Channel 9 Game in fact and how much did it draw?

Just over 10K.

Pretty dreadful stuff.

LOLZ. Picking and choosing stats to suit your argument again?

Go and have a look at the other Sunday games in Sydney, any other than a Cronulla Sharks game that don't draw a crowd at any day of any year of any decade.[/quote:mcofdkpo]

When was the last time Cronulla drew though? Or Manly for that matter?

I don't have any doubt Sydney is still a viable town and is still the heartland. They just don't give two s**ts about representative football is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • Bish
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.