Status
Not open for further replies.
schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
schmix said:
Bah whatever. Your stamina for arguments is incredible.

Farkin oath. Especially during origin time. :mrgreen:

It just goes to show that no matter how much crap you spin, if you're persistent then you will wear anyone down eventually [icon_wink

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
schmix said:
The Rock said:
schmix said:
Bah whatever. Your stamina for arguments is incredible.

Farkin oath. Especially during origin time. :mrgreen:

It just goes to show that no matter how much crap you spin, if you're persistent then you will wear anyone down eventually [icon_wink

You couldn't bray him down with a hammer. It's ridiculous!

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You're wrong. Admit it mate.

When it comes to League. Your City and it's residents are pathetic.

istockphoto_9212766-pushing-shit-uphill.jpg

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
To be honest i don't so much look at Crowd figures for Sydney games, I more turn on the TV look at the stadium and wonder "where the **** are the fans"

I don't care if its 20,000 in a 80,000 seat stadium. I care if it looks empty.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":2vomh5x3][quote="The Rock":2vomh5x3][quote="Big Pete":2vomh5x3]You Sydney siders did get a Sunday game, the Channel 9 Game in fact and how much did it draw?

Just over 10K.

Pretty dreadful stuff.

LOLZ. Picking and choosing stats to suit your argument again?

Go and have a look at the other Sunday games in Sydney, any other than a Cronulla Sharks game that don't draw a crowd at any day of any year of any decade.[/quote:2vomh5x3]

When was the last time Cronulla drew though? Or Manly for that matter?

I don't have any doubt Sydney is still a viable town and is still the heartland. They just don't give two s**ts about representative football is all.[/quote:2vomh5x3]

Who cares about Cronulla, they shouldn't be in the comp. All Gallop has to do is let go of his hand and the Sharks are on their own, which equals death.

Manly on the other hand are drawing good crowds. They are consistantly getting over 15,000 at their home games. That's a good, solid crowd. Once they get some more funds into their kitty, they'll be upgrading Brookie and it'll attract another 5,000. That usually happens when you upgrade stadiums to something a bit more suitable, teams start drawing higher crowds.

There is work to be done, but the fans are turning up, the team is winning and have just won a comp, it won't be long until they get an upgrade on their stadium and start hitting the 20 mark like a lot of other Sydney teams.[/quote:2vomh5x3]

Yet Sydney and it's 9 sides are supposed to get all the Sunday afternoon and Friday games. Well, your state got both and one drew very well and none of us Rugby League fans have a problem with those sides. The other though, we have a major problem with.

It's sides like Penrith, Manly and Cronulla that hold this game back and once the game is looking to expand, it'll be these sides that are on the chopping block. If the Roosters aren't careful, they will be too.

That 6000 crowd, no matter how you slice it, was disgusting and you can blame Gallop all you like, the Roosters deserve the crux of the blame.

The sad thing is, I actually do agree with you. Sydney is still the heart land. It's just a shame your reasoning was so poor.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
WTF? 2-for-1 Origin tickets?

WTF MAAAAN. That's pathetic.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
What are you on about Kris?!

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Seriously, can someone tell me WHAT exactly is so attractive about going to the footy on a cold and moist Saturday night in Sydney when you could just head into the City and hit some clubs up or go to dinner? Seriously?

Oh I dunno - how about SUPPORTING YOUR TEAM and the game you say you support/follow? That's pretty attractive to a supporter/fan right there. And you can always go out afterwards. People don't really get going out in Sydney until like 10pm anyway.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Lol, didn't you read the previous posts, Browny? Queenslander said something about 2-for-1 Origin tickets in Sydney. FAIL.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
KrispyKris said:
Lol, didn't you read the previous posts, Browny? Queenslander said something about 2-for-1 Origin tickets in Sydney. FAIL.

Sorry didnt see the post as it was lost amongst Rocky's dribble

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah last year they had a give away 2 for one. I think they also had a "buy a supporter jersey, get a free ticket to origin" last year or the year before.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That shows how much NSW loves Origin, aye?

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
yeah - but that's probably why they don't buy their tix upfront, cause they know they'll get something thrown in for free at a later date. terrible for a so-called, self-professed heartland.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
We have better things to do than go to Origin. Geez, don't you guys realise, the nightlife here is just superb.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
We have better things to do than go to Origin. Geez, don't you guys realise, the nightlife here is just superb.

sunny_dancing2.gif

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:

Yeah, you guys have drugs to take in Newcastle!

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
I am not getting into the debate just now about Sydney crowds as I can't word what I want to say correctly.

I might be in the minority on here but I frankly don't care that much for Origin and due to it being midweek. I would rather stay home with my family, have pizza and watch the game. If it was a Rabbitohs game midweek on the other hand, I would be there in a flash.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Given the Broncos were basically founded off the back of Origin I hope you can see why you are the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Stix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Swordfish
  • Alec
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.