RUMOUR Payne Haas 10yrs

FFS: I hate these 10 year contracts. Hope it has performance based etc in it.

I hope it's BS and it's a 10 year deal as in making his current 6 year contract a 10 year one, so a 4 year extension, which would be 7 left.

10 is too long. Please be 7.

10 years or a million a season. Not both ffs. While this is likely based on increasing cap estimates over the next 10 years its still overs for such a long deal. For 10 years they should be knocking at least a bit off

No thanks! Omg.

Broncos be like “we’re in this mess because of long term contracts on massive overs”

Nek Minnit “ here double longest contract offer in history at $1M a year”

Gtfoh

But job security also breeds good performance.
U wot m8?

Players play their best when playing for a contract. Once they've got the big deal they usually coast like Milford unless they're in a team in genuine contention.

Is lolo actually fizzling or has Payten just neutered him. He was awesome last year, comes in and gives Lolo limited minutes and has killed his game.
I wouldn't say DCE has been killing it either during his long term deal. He's playing origin by default, really.

Glad that Payne wants to stay but 10 yrs is a fucken long time. If I had my way, everyone in the NRL would be on 2 yr deals max.

U wot m8?

Players play their best when playing for a contract. Once they've got the big deal they usually coast like Milford unless they're in a team in genuine contention.
In the NRL yea

I like the idea to extend him and happy he wants to stay. In the end, I imagine it will be 7-8 years in total including what is existing at about 800k a year. That’s a good deal to me. We can probably front end some of that in to this year too.

Give the bloke his money and the captains badge while we are at it.

take this with a grain of salt since it comes from Badel ... but he says it will be until the end of 2031, so 10 years from the end of this season

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Agree with all the above concerns though I obviously want him to be a bronco for life. I really hope that DD and Ikin look at the new contract Moses just signed at the Eels - maybe offer Haas a long term deal at, say, 800-850k per year and increase it any year we make the prelim (900k) or GF ($1m).

Just a thought.

Although i get that it will keep him off the market, a long-term and expensive contract is an extremely high risk.

If we were hoping to sign a long-term contract (which is always a risk to the club) i would have hoped that that would have come at some monetary saving (i.e. paying at the lower end of his value range). A mil a season is on the higher end of his value range and he would most probably sign a shorter term contract (i.e. 4-5 years), which would incur less risk, for that amount.

We have an existing example of this type of contract. Due to JT13's contract they cannot afford other upper tier forwards to support him. As such they are so reliant upon him, and when he is off the field, their pack of mid to lower tier forwards are just monstered by the opposition

Active Now

• Astro
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.