NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

In all reality, Pat Carrigan has become Payne's worst nightmare. Haas has kicked up a stink over his supposed undervalued contract and while he has done it, and missed games for us on top of that, Patty has stepped up and shown he is on a pretty similar level to him for around half the money. He's totally out performed him on our games biggest stage and surely its making the Broncos think now letting him go could be the best thing we do. If he pulled this stunt maybe after the warriors game he might have got us panicking, but now, i think we can see we can cope without the grub.
Yeah !

And what about Kotoni ? LOL .
Images 10

The laying into haas for his origin game here is a bit much. He was actually quite good for the blues, maybe their best forward. But they were dominated across the park. Is Cleary a better 7 than DCE? Yes, absolutely. But they were all out enthused and I think coached poorly.
I don’t think that Patty is better than Payne just yet, but he’s definitely as good as, with more upside. That’s the reality that Payne needs to get used to, unless he goes and works on his aggression/ptb speed.

he’s been getting some very bad advice, he’s be better served listening to one of his best mates, Patrick.
The reason people are laying into him is bcos he put himself up as a $1.2 million player. He played good, yet still had absolutely zero impact on the result. He could have played a 10/10 game but his standards and still it wouldnt have changed the result bcos he's a workhorse prop. That's not even a $750,000 player. What he did was nothing jensen hasn't been doing for us, granted on a far bigger stage but to illustrate that all he brings is workman qualities. That is something that is a dime a dozen. Obviously not to the quality or amount that haas does individually, but EASILY replaceable with far cheaper players and/or spread throughout multiple players.

He put himself out there for it so yes he does deserve the criticism. He should have been MASSIVELY fired up and aggressive but he just did the same workhorse game. Carrigan completely showed him up on nearly a third of the wage haas wants in his first origin, off the bloody bench.

The timing by his agents looks even stupider now. You open yourself up to this criticism you COMPLETLY deserve it if you don't meet the expectations/level you claim to be.

The reason people are laying into him is bcos he put himself up as a $1.2 million player. He played good, yet still had absolutely zero impact on the result. He could have played a 10/10 game but his standards and still it wouldnt have changed the result bcos he's a workhorse prop. That's not even a $750,000 player. What he did was nothing jensen hasn't been doing for us, granted on a far bigger stage but to illustrate that all he brings is workman qualities. That is something that is a dime a dozen. Obviously not to the quality or amount that haas does individually, but EASILY replaceable with far cheaper players and/or spread throughout multiple players.

He put himself out there for it so yes he does deserve the criticism. He should have been MASSIVELY fired up and aggressive but he just did the same workhorse game. Carrigan completely showed him up on nearly a third of the wage haas wants in his first origin, off the bloody bench.

The timing by his agents looks even stupider now. You open yourself up to this criticism you COMPLETLY deserve it if you don't meet the expectations/level you claim to be.
Who's reported the 1.2m?

i think most people.

the reports were Haas wants an immediate pay rise to $1 million this season and next, followed by $1.2 million in 2024
They just seem like made up numbers to me. I'd believe it if it's weedler reporting that.

Haas and his management are morons, but I don't think even they're dumb enough to think he should be on Cleary money.

Haas isn't doing much to develop into the new game style either, with his passing or even getting in some fast play the balls.
I truely believe if someone will take his full contract then happily let him go or when time comes to re-sign him, go take $600.000 or leave.

I know that. I'm just referring to the posts saying he was terrible on Wednesday night. He wasn't, he was actually quite good. He is absolutely a gun player, and definitely worth having on any team (purely for his onfield performances, off field crap he should be shot into the sun). Without him the other night the Blues would have had ZERO go forward.

Is he a wanker and should be punted from our team? Absolutely. He is all but dead to me.

Haas isn't doing much to develop into the new game style either, with his passing or even getting in some fast play the balls.
I truely believe if someone will take his full contract then happily let him go or when time comes to re-sign him, go take $600.000 or leave.
If he doesn't add more to this game I think he's worth 750-800k no more than that.

Not with us though, we need to do whatever is possible to find a player swap with someone like Collins and use the saved money elsewhere.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • teampjta
  • johnny plath
  • Redux
  • broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • GCBRONCO
  • bert_lifts
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  • Brocko
  • NSW stables
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.