NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

@Kimlo - think the Rabbits chose the wrong billionaire? Cannon-Brookes seems a bit too left-leaning for the dodgy golf games. Might have to wait and see how he reacts when the Rabbits don't make the 8 and he wants to get some good return on investment and stack the team.
He only signed on in November last year but it's possible he really doesn't care enough about league and it's just a side hobby for him.

I guess we'll see if they become a Melbourne/Roosters who keep stars on unrealistic unders. Every other team deals with losing stars except those 2 teams, somehow they always keep them on unders for the kultcha

This gets better and better every day:

1. Need more money
2. Not getting treated fairly at club
3. Want to play for successful team
4. Money for baby
Lets keep this going, its been 6 different reasons in 6 days so far!

1. Need more money
4. Money for baby
5. Not about money
6. Made mistake last contract, ran out of reasons why.

Wish I could use that list IRL. I made a mistake selling a house in Ascot ten years ago. I think they should give the difference between then and now to me because I need to provide for my family and especially because it’s worth more now.

Lets keep this going, its been 6 different reasons in 6 days so far!

1. Need more money
4. Money for baby
5. Not about money
6. Made mistake last contract, ran out of reasons why.
Yeah it’s really laughable how much damage control they’ve gone into except they aren’t competent enough to even drive a consistent narrative.
And he still seems to be completely oblivious to the fact he’s contractually obligated to remain at the club. He thinks he’s Fifita when he was off contract.

**** I hope DD or Ikin find concrete evidence of another club negotiating with him for this season or next

I purely hope they are planning to sack him but are negotiating with the NRL to have a written agreement he will not be allowed to sign elsewhere for the length of his current contract. He’s now a cancer at the club and it needs to be cut out but cut out in a way that whoever is clucking about this behind the scenes doesn’t get so much as a parmigiana out of this. Let’s hope the nrl have the gumption to allow Haas’s team to have egg all over their face when the chickens come home to roost. Cut the cockadoodle-doo.

I purely hope they are planning to sack him but are negotiating with the NRL to have a written agreement he will not be allowed to sign elsewhere for the length of his current contract. He’s now a cancer at the club and it needs to be cut out but cut out in a way that whoever is clucking about this behind the scenes doesn’t get so much as a parmigiana out of this. Let’s hope the nrl have the gumption to allow Haas’s team to have egg all over their face when the chickens come home to roost. Cut the cockadoodle-doo.
Don't be so sure about the chickens coming home to roost. Word is the legal counsel are partial to chicken parmys and are eastern suburbs based. DD and Ikin will need to cease communications and negotiations soon.

So far then, it's been about him being underpayed, then it's about release clauses, then it's not about money it's about winning, then it's back to being about money for his daughter.

How can one person be so dumb? I'd have more respect for him if he said it's about money. I don't blame players for that. I'd still have the shits with him for how he has gone about it, but at least be honest ffs.

Think even if he stays now I could never back him.

So far then, it's been about him being underpayed, then it's about release clauses, then it's not about money it's about winning, then it's back to being about money for his daughter.

How can one person be so dumb? I'd have more respect for him if he said it's about money. I don't blame players for that. I'd still have the shits with him for how he has gone about it, but at least be honest ffs.

Think even if he stays now I could never back him.
Seems like it's more about muddying the water now. The marketing teams call it A/B testing. Like how Trump used to say contradictory things at different rallies, they observe which one tests best with the crowd and play towards that. Now with the daughter angle it's a sympathy play. It's all just trying to strike the right nerve, so throw out as many excuses as you can, see which one plays best and push that one up. Unfortunately, they started with a really bad one and the team timed it poorly and it has all been too transparent. So now it's like a gambler trying to chase their losses.

I wonder if they might seek some advice from a "marketing guru". This will add to the amount Payne will ultimately have to pay his new management team. His best bet would be to cut them loose ASAP and let them suffer the debt (but they probably have Haas on a contract that will cost him for that).

The Mental Health card is the ace up his sleeve…

Probably the fallback position if he doesn’t get his release soon…
someone has already mentioned the race/religion cards, and I hope they don't get played to any further extent. They came close earlier and it didn't fly.

Why not do both? He’s struggling with his mental health because of the booing and he’s getting turned on because he is Muslim and friends are Muslim.
Hmm…actually he’s already played two of those cards, racism up next maybe?

It completely undermines every positive step the NRL has made in terms of inclusivity and how race/religion makes zero difference in terms of team sport and friendship if they use that.

Honestly, the boys run out every week and if you play well, you are wanted and accepted. Haas earns more than most of the others regardless of those factors. It would make no sense. It is 100% an individual problem and if you want to start assigning attributes based on these factors, Haas' off-field behaviour would then reflect negatively upon them.

This is precisely why I dislike indigenous round. If you want to differentiate people, you have to do it on a micro scale and then have "Filipino Round", "Lebanese Round", "British Round", "Convict round", etc. Because these minorities also play, also have suffered prejudice in some way or another and it still makes no difference.

You basically point out that these players, who every other day of the week are just one of the boys, are actually different to the others. That is just a total paradox.

Ugh, I REALLY hope we don't see the race/religion card.

He has to say it's not about the money because his team will definitely be signing him to a $700k/yr deal at the Roosters which they will try to lodge with the NRL with a straight face.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • IceWorks
  • Old Mate
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.