NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

Origin 1 -

Haas - 14 runs, 143m, 70 PCM in 58 mins.

Carrigan 18 runs, 183m, 71 PCM in 64 mins.

Patty had him beat as a metre eater too.
I want to know what each of their average play the ball speeds were for that game

I want to know what each of their average play the ball speeds were for that game

Average PTB times for both teams screenshot below.

Screenshot 20220610 230033 Firefox

Screenshot 20220610 230058 Firefox

Average PTB times for both teams screenshot below.

View attachment 18783
View attachment 18784
How is this measured? Because Haas is often held up from the ground and is able to play the ball immediately from standing, but the defensive line is set. So, the wrestle is being effected before the call of held, but it isn't happening on the ground.

How is this measured? Because Haas is often held up from the ground and is able to play the ball immediately from standing, but the defensive line is set. So, the wrestle is being effected before the call of held, but it isn't happening on the ground.
It's the time between the official calling for a release to the player playing the ball with his foot.

It's the time between the official calling for a release to the player playing the ball with his foot.
Yep, ok, so it's not exactly a reflective stat in this case. If the defensive line is set, it doesn't matter as much. If the ball runner can take a hit-up, hit the ground, stand and play the ball consistently fast, like Carrigan or Hetherington, it's far better for the attack than a hit-up, slowly walking forward 5 more metres while the defence resets, being called held, release and PTB, more like Haas.

Yep, ok, so it's not exactly a reflective stat in this case. If the defensive line is set, it doesn't matter as much. If the ball runner can take a hit-up, hit the ground, stand and play the ball consistently fast, like Carrigan or Hetherington, it's far better for the attack than a hit-up, slowly walking forward 5 more metres while the defence resets, being called held, release and PTB, more like Haas.
Nailed it. They really need a timer from first effective tackle contact until play the ball to allow for the wrestle, the slow plod forward of 3-4 meters then the play the ball. Haas easily would drop to either dead last or very close. Those extra meters come at a pretty big cost.

Nailed it. They really need a timer from first effective tackle contact until play the ball to allow for the wrestle, the slow plod forward of 3-4 meters then the play the ball. Haas easily would drop to either dead last or very close. Those extra meters come at a pretty big cost.
Exactly people saying he is the best forward in the game are kidding themselves. All the extra metres aren't worth it if the defensive line is set. Has a great motor and makes the metres but that shouldn't just count in best prop in the game.

In all reality, Pat Carrigan has become Payne's worst nightmare. Haas has kicked up a stink over his supposed undervalued contract and while he has done it, and missed games for us on top of that, Patty has stepped up and shown he is on a pretty similar level to him for around half the money. He's totally out performed him on our games biggest stage and surely its making the Broncos think now letting him go could be the best thing we do. If he pulled this stunt maybe after the warriors game he might have got us panicking, but now, i think we can see we can cope without the grub.
And Xavier Willison is back playing football now. Not that scary losing Haas as it would have been if it happened last year. Disappointing it has got to this but he can only look at himself and his management.

Patty has been mentioning Payne in every interview lately. Talking up how important he is and giving him credit for making Patty look good.

I think this is largely just a good bloke defending his mate from public backlash but I also think Patty is doing his part to make Payne rethink his position.

interesting regardless. Patty is such a class fella.

Patty has been mentioning Payne in every interview lately. Talking up how important he is and giving him credit for making Patty look good.

I think this is largely just a good bloke defending his mate from public backlash but I also think Patty is doing his part to make Payne rethink his position.

interesting regardless. Patty is such a class fella.
Speaking of class acts, Keenan's another we need to re-sign:

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.