Pea heart Paul

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but surprisingly, Cronulla aren't giving 100% or 110% efforts.

Gallen: Sharks not trying because of coach
bit.ly

How would Gallen know? He's probably been to 2 Sharks training sessions all year.

He thinks he is an authority now that his team won an Origin. NSW have blown smoke up his arse, now they're going to have to deal with the consequences.

I don't see anything wrong with what he's said. I like when players say the truth and not just the usual PR fluff.

This.

I think if it were any other captain, no one would give a rats. But because it's Paul Gallen, he's the world's worst person.

Think what you like about Gallen, but his passion for his teams speaks wonders. He has every right to criticize the team.

I don't see anything wrong with what he's said. I like when players say the truth and not just the usual PR fluff.

Hoffman said something similar about not giving 100% at the end of 2012 for us and everyone on here got very upset at him for saying it (sorry if you weren't one of them).

This.

I think if it were any other captain, no one would give a rats. But because it's Paul Gallen, he's the world's worst person.

Think what you like about Gallen, but his passion for his teams speaks wonders. He has every right to criticize the team.

He wasnt criticising the team, he was justifying his teams poor effort and shafting the coach. I have absolutely no time for him at all

I think its absolutely shameful that he puts the blame of the under performing players on his coach. The coach isnt out there missing tackles, hes not out there dropping balls. Sure, hes partly to blame, but to come out and say the players arent putting in because of the coach is just pathetic. How the **** some people want this guy to be immortalised is beyond me. He wins 1 series and all of a sudden he thinks hes top shit, and above everyone else. Hes a ****. Theres not much else i can say.

But lets make a statue of this oustanding and inspirational character....

Hoffman said something similar about not giving 100% at the end of 2012 for us and everyone on here got very upset at him for saying it (sorry if you weren't one of them).

We were upset because he said HE didn't give 100%.

He wasnt criticising the team, he was justifying his teams poor effort and shafting the coach. I have absolutely no time for him at all

Maybe read it again. Sounds like the was criticizing the team and the coach, not finding excuses. That's how I read it anyway.

We were upset because he said HE didn't give 100%.

But gallen has been quoted as saying the players arent giving 100% because the coach isnt. Hows that any different. Put in for your fans, for ur family, who gives a shit what the coach is doing.

Gallen thinks by the players not putting in its punishing the coach? Pfft, he gets paid anyway. Its the fans its punishing

Last edited:
I find it amazing that Gallen is being excused for this, you don't come out and talk like this in the media, it's shameful. It brings down the whole club.

Put aside how much most of us don't like Griffin, but if one of our players came out and said "we're not giving 100% because griffin isn't giving 100%"; you would be ok with that?

He gave his opinion on why he feels the team sucks ass.

Because it's Gallen, everyone is willing to have a dig at him.

I find it amazing that Gallen is being excused for this, you don't come out and talk like this in the media, it's shameful. It brings down the whole club.

Put aside how much most of us don't like Griffin, but if one of our players came out and said "we're not giving 100% because griffin isn't giving 100%"; you would be ok with that?

If we were spoon certs and didn't score a point in our last 3 games, I'd appreciate the honesty.

It's all too easy to blame the coach these days for poor results.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • BruiserMk1
  • Scdeac
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • rnabokov
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • maddo
  • Griffo
  • Midean
  • Volvo Driver
  • phoenix
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.