Pea heart Paul

I find it amazing that Gallen is being excused for this, you don't come out and talk like this in the media, it's shameful. It brings down the whole club.

Put aside how much most of us don't like Griffin, but if one of our players came out and said "we're not giving 100% because griffin isn't giving 100%"; you would be ok with that?

you've got to look at what he said in the full context of what's happening at the sharks ... many of them have uncertain futures in the game due to this ridiculously drawn out drug investigation .. Their coach is cooling his heels for a year as a result of this and is also no certainty to be allowed back .. and they have an interim coach who has stated openly he doesn't want to be a first grade coach ...

That's a tough environment for any player to be motivated enough to want to go through the extreme physical and mental punishment they have rev themselves up for during NRL games (not to mention training as well) ... We're not talking about sharks players running out and blatantly tanking, if that was the case they'd be getting beaten 70-nil ... What Gallen is talking about is that desire to do those little desperation "one percenters" that the hungry motivated, harmonious, sucessful teams do ...

A whinger. Someone who does dirty things on the field to get ahead. Someone who punches someone whilst their arms are down. Someone who publicly belittles a whole state just because their rugby league team is better than them. Someone who initiates fights during rugby league games. Someone who has soooooo much passion for their club that he threatens to leave because he wants to play semi final football. Someone who takes a dive, waits for the penalty to be blown then winks at his team mates. Didn't he try and rip someones stitches out too? Racial abuse.

You could label more than half the players in the NRL the same then. But you don't. Because they aren't Paul Gallen.

many of them have uncertain futures in the game due to this ridiculously drawn out drug investigation ..

While we're on this topic too, the players were given the opportunity to help ASADA by admitting whether they have been given these peptides or to give other relevant information and apparently decided to stay quiet. If they weren't so quiet the drug investigation would be far less drawn out. It's as much their fault, probably even more so than ASADA.

You could label more than half the players in the NRL the same then. But you don't. Because they aren't Paul Gallen.

No. I don't because nobody in the NRL has done all of these things. One or two, fair enough. But all of these things makes you a pretty shit person to be honest.

But on the flipside, just because he is paul gallen doesn't mean everything he does gets excused (because everyone hates paul gallen)

If I'm driving and an asian person cuts me off and I tell him to get fucked, it's because he cut me off and doesn't make me a racist.

While we're on this topic too, the players were given the opportunity to help ASADA by admitting whether they have been given these peptides or to give other relevant information and apparently decided to stay quiet. If they weren't so quiet the drug investigation would be far less drawn out. It's as much their fault, probably even more so than ASADA.

That's assuming they know something, benefit of the doubt says they don't and that's why they've stayed quiet. However if that is the case they should be banding together as brothers to put it behind them for not just their careers but their fans and family.

But on the flipside, just because he is paul gallen doesn't mean everything he does gets excused (because everyone hates paul gallen)

If I'm driving and an asian person cuts me off and I tell him to get fucked, it's because he cut me off and doesn't make me a racist.

What if it's Paul Gallen and his Asian wife (just pretend) that cut you off?

I don't see how the connection has been made there really. Apart from bagging the coach in public, there are many players who have done everything listed in the above coach, but don't get a word in on here. Throw Paul Gallen into the mix, and it's on.

You know who else I don't know as a person but because of the things they have done, I know they're a shit person? Hitler. Boom.

Playing football and killing millions of people is obviously closely related, so I definitely see your point.

I've gotta ask, your stance on fighting not belong in the game in another thread, your new found love/respect for Gallen... Did you get a job at channel 9 at all this week [MENTION=1976]Nashy[/MENTION] ?

There is one other point in all this and that is the fact Sharp did not want to cach the team and stated it publicly. He took the job on reluctantly because the Sharks wanted him to do it for one year until Flanagan came back

Playing football and killing millions of people is obviously closely related, so I definitely see your point.

Oh for ***** sake, I was overreacting intentionally to prove my point. You don't need to know someone to know they're a shit person. Also, if John Doe attempted to rip someone stitches out on a football field nobody would care. Paul Gallen is in the public eye and that, my friend, is why people care when he does shit like this.

I'll fully admit to wanting to sink the boot in because it's Gallen. I hate Paul Gallen the footy player. I don't care what he's like off the field, he might be father of the year, good for him.

He's saying that his team (including himself) is not putting in 100% because the coach at one stage made a comment that more directly related to wanting Shane Flanagan back. If you can't put in 100% for your team, wtf are you doing on it?

Gallen might not be wrong, certainly he knows more than I do about the situation, but you never ever hang your club out like he did.

I seem to recall when the Broncos lost 9 in a row, Allan Langer came out and resigned because his heart just wasn't in it anymore. He didn't blame the coach, he didn't blame his teammates, he took responsibility and did the right thing. Alfie's not exactly a role model off the field, but he was big enough to own his problems and not hang others out to dry.

Oh for ***** sake, I was overreacting intentionally to prove my point. You don't need to know someone to know they're a shit person. Also, if John Doe attempted to rip someone stitches out on a football field nobody would care. Paul Gallen is in the public eye and that, my friend, is why people care when he does shit like this.

I'm confused. So you're not aware of who Paul Gallen is as a person? And you're only basing your judgement on him playing Origin and for the Sharks?

But others have done, and do the same, and worse, but they don't cop it? But because it's the Gallen Hate Wagon, it's all good to give it to him, but not to others?

It's no secret that Sharp is just a care-taking coach and the Sharks deserve better. I doubt this is the first time Gal has voiced these complaints to the Sharks hierarchy and yet nothing has been done.

It really is another poor reflection on them and how they've handled the ASADA affair.

What annoys me about Gallen is that he's starting to get the reputation of pointing fingers and doesn't seem to be able to accept any responsibility.

"Paul, tell your players to clean up their mess" "But sir the other team is doing it"

"Paul you've just had 34 points put on you, how do you feel?" "God damn referees!"

"Paul you've just been beaten by 26 points and your club has failed to score a point in a few games, comment?" "Yeah, our coach is shit."

Last time I checked, the captain has to take some responsibility and if the players aren't putting in, take them aside and tell them off.

If Paul was being honest, he'd throw Ayshford under the bus. Worst player in the competition bar none.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.