Pea heart Paul

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Oh my bad, I forgot ASADA picked one random NRL club out of a hat.

Did they? That seems a strange way to start an investigation into adrugs.

Never mind the fact that it's been over a year and not one charge has been laid. But hey, they've probably got tonnes of evidence that they've been sitting on for absolutely no reason other than to drag this on.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Did they? That seems a strange way to start an investigation into adrugs.

Never mind the fact that it's been over a year and not one charge has been laid. But hey, they've probably got tonnes of evidence that they've been sitting on for absolutely no reason other than to drag this on.

ASADA aren't sitting on things because they feel like it or because they hate the Sharks.

This is likely how things went down.

They were made aware of Danks activities at Essedon.

They began investigations into his other places of employment (I.e Sharks Manly etc).

They found problems with the Sharks supplements program, probably by flipping Earl.

The Sharks got lawyers involved (absolutely their rights to do so), but it stalled the investigations for months.

They put the allegations to the players, who refused to answer questions (also their rights to do so). But investigations don't stop because suspects refuse to answer questions.

They continue investigating and building their case.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
True but if they stay quiet the Sharks should not be able to complain about the length in time it takes ASADA to prove it.

I think they do, if I had serious charges I was being accused of, and it took over a year with still no end in sight I'd be rightly pissed off.

ASADA should have had sufficient proof before going public with massive statements then having absolutely zero to back it up.

They've dragged a whole lot of people's reputation through the dirt and have negatively affected players negotiation abilities during the time, not to mention made it far less appealing for external players or staff to consider joining the club.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
ASADA aren't sitting on things because they feel like it or because they hate the Sharks.

This is likely how things went down.

They were made aware of Danks activities at Essedon.

They began investigations into his other places of employment (I.e Sharks Manly etc).

They found problems with the Sharks supplements program, probably by flipping Earl.

The Sharks got lawyers involved (absolutely their rights to do so), but it stalled the investigations for months.

They put the allegations to the players, who refused to answer questions (also their rights to do so). But investigations don't stop because suspects refuse to answer questions.

They continue investigating and building their case.

How long does it take? It's been over a year, this isn't a murder investigation, it's players allegedly taking banned substances. If no ones talking, they would have surely gathered whatever information they can by now, given the timeframe, and have still come up with zilch.

So far the entire investigation has been lots of fluff with very little substance.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
That's the way the media are reporting it ... doesn't mean that's actually what's happening behind the scenes. I'm sure ASADA don't publicly comment on investigations until it's time to lay charges which has apparently happened with Essedon and about to happen with the Sharks.

Besides, it's not like this is an investigation into one player, it's an investigation into over 50 players over two codes of footy. It is a massive investigation and that takes time to complete properly.

And once it has been completed, it would be very time consuming issuing that many separate breech notices.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Course they can. ASADA started something before they had evidence. It's on them.

They would have to have had some evidence or they wouldn't have started anything.

When the show cause notices go out, it's up to the players to prove ASADA wrong.

But it's had to prove them wrong when they have phone taps etc & Sandor Earl's statements.

Last edited:
john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
What Gal said is just an excuse for poor on field performances

In my youth, I was somewhat of an athlete (that was a while ago!)

The single most important thing my coach taught me was to accept responsibility for my performance

If I failed to perform, or got the wrong result, it wasn't the referee, it wasn't the conditions, it was me - i needed to be better

It's a lesson I took into life post sport and has served me very well, but the point here is that ever since learning this lesson I've had no tolerance for people who won't take responsibility

It's one of the things about Ricky Stuart I can't stand

Because of my beliefs I think Gal's comments are terrible (from any player), and as captain absolutely atrocious and he should be sanctioned by the club

It's my opinion and is based upon his actions, it's got nothing to do with who said it, and everything to do with what was said

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
That's the way the media are reporting it ... doesn't mean that's actually what's happening behind the scenes. I'm sure ASADA don't publicly comment on investigations until it's time to lay charges which has apparently happened with Essedon and about to happen with the Sharks.

Besides, it's not like this is an investigation into one player, it's an investigation into over 50 players over two codes of footy. It is a massive investigation and that takes time to complete properly.

And once it has been completed, it would be very time consuming issuing that many separate breech notices.

Well by making a big media conference they went public, if they wanted to remain professional they should have kept things behind closed doors until they have sufficient information to lay charges. Especially if they knew it was as time consuming as it has turned out to be.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
art-drugs_in_sport-620x349.jpg

We think we might have something to worry about.... so we will look into it.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Gallen just on the sports, it's a media beat up.

So he is blaming others AGAIN.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
He is the club captain and has every right to criticize the coach if he feels that he isn't committed to the job. Sharp is just there to fill the gap till Flanagan comes back next year.

As of the comments on what he is like as a person; I meet him at a Kangaroos fan day in 2009 and he seemed like a pretty decent bloke.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
As of the comments on what he is like as a person; I meet him at a Kangaroos fan day in 2009 and he seemed like a pretty decent bloke.

People mention stuff like this about players (and actually not just players, actors too), but they have to be nice at those things.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

Wonder if that was before or after he called Mickey Paea a black ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Alright, on reflection, maybe Pea heart wasn't the right thread title. Mods feel free to change this to something like "Whinger whinges about Team, Coach" and then people who like PG can just imagine that it's me whinging about him, which I am.

lacks pizzazz.....how 'bout

"Paul Gallen's a Shunt" !!

Gallen is starting to believe that he is bigger than his club.....bigger than the game.

The last few sentences of the article had Noyce reaffirming that yes, while Sharp initially was reluctant to take on the coaches role.... everyone can be assured that he is giving it his absolute best. I'm sure if you ask Sharp he would say that he is giving it his all. He just has limited capabilities and has limited talent in his playing squad ....and by the sounds of Gallen's juvenile approach, isn't "rousing" on the players enough. Maybe Sharp thinks that in this day and age, professional footballers being paid ridiculous sums of money shouldn't need to be roused on to play well.

To me Gallen's comments had the air of a spoilt brat who hadn't got their way. He's obviously laid his grievances out to the club and is pushing for Kimmorly. Cronulla have done the right thing (for a change) and stood behind the coach. Basically ...."pull your head in Paul and concentrate on your own game."

He in turn goes public and tries to embarrass them into him getting his way.

If I were Noyce, I'd slap a fine on his grubby arse for instigating disharmony at the club.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
He is the club captain and has every right to criticize the coach if he feels that he isn't committed to the job. Sharp is just there to fill the gap till Flanagan comes back next year.

But he hasn't criticized the coach; he has said we (the players) are not putting in because the coach isn't putting in

It's disgraceful from a captain

If he isn't penalised heavily by the Sharks, it proves they are a joke

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • kman
  • broncotville
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.