Pea heart Paul

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I've gotta ask, your stance on fighting not belong in the game in another thread, your new found love/respect for Gallen... Did you get a job at channel 9 at all this week @Nashy ?

I don't love Paul Gallen. But I think a thread where he is called a Pea Heart is rediculous, given he's one player who plays with his heart constantly. Even in defeat.

I think Paul Gallen was a grub of a player, and still has a bit of niggle in him, but he's certainly cleaned his game up since becoming the captain of his team and state.

I'm not sure what this thread has to do with me and my stance on fights. Hell, my post in the other thread doesn't in anyway state my thoughts on whether I want fighting in or out of the game.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I'm confused. So you're not aware of who Paul Gallen is as a person? And you're only basing your judgement on him playing Origin and for the Sharks?

But others have done, and do the same, and worse, but they don't cop it? But because it's the Gallen Hate Wagon, it's all good to give it to him, but not to others?

Yeah mate. You are confused. Are you just selectively "hearing" what others are saying? Why should their off field behavior even be taken into account when he has done so many bad things on the field. Make a list of everyone who has done the exact same things and I'll tell you my opinion of them too. And I guarantee it will be similar.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Pretty sure Sharp didn't drop that ball when heading straight to the try line with nobody in front of him, Paul.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah mate. You are confused. Are you just selectively "hearing" what others are saying? Why should their off field behavior even be taken into account when he has done so many bad things on the field. Make a list of everyone who has done the exact same things and I'll tell you my opinion of them too. And I guarantee it will be similar.

Because you're attacking the man, so his off field behaviour must be taken into account. But if that's the way you wish to live your life, by all means, that's your prerogative.

I'm not going to waste my time creating a list for you. Given your love for sinking into Gallen, I'm sure you've already got the list ready.

It should start with a player who chased after someone he was arguing with, spun him around, argued more, got pushed, and never had a punch thrown at him, only to react with about 15 punches to his opponent, who still refused to throw a punch. He's probably a great man, someone you love. Definitely someone who you would probably want in your avatar.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't love Paul Gallen. But I think a thread where he is called a Pea Heart is rediculous, given he's one player who plays with his heart constantly. Even in defeat.

I think Paul Gallen was a grub of a player, and still has a bit of niggle in him, but he's certainly cleaned his game up since becoming the captain of his team and state.

I'm not sure what this thread has to do with me and my stance on fights. Hell, my post in the other thread doesn't in anyway state my thoughts on whether I want fighting in or out of the game.

He had cleaned up his game.. for a few years. But last year and this year hes back to his dirty, grubby best. After hitting a downed slater with a swinging arm, he followed it up with a massive head high on inglis only moments later in game 2. He is the biggest grub, and a downright dickhead. They win 1 fucking series and he carries on like they are the best team in the world. he even tweeted after the game that "they just made history". What fucking history did he make? Being the worst fucking captain in history and now they finally won we have the number to put against him for most losses in a row? He is an embarrassment to his club, his state, his country and the nrl. I only wish that the NRL wouldnt sweep any ASADA findings under the rug, which im sure they will.

Edit: Agree he is not a pea heart, but hes defintely a pea brain.

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Because you're attacking the man, so his off field behaviour must be taken into account. But if that's the way you wish to live your life, by all means, that's your prerogative.

I'm not going to waste my time creating a list for you. Given your love for sinking into Gallen, I'm sure you've already got the list ready.

It should start with a player who chased after someone he was arguing with, spun him around, argued more, got pushed, and never had a punch thrown at him, only to react with about 15 punches to his opponent, who still refused to throw a punch. He's probably a great man, someone you love. Definitely someone who you would probably want in your avatar.

You're willing to ask others for proof but according to you half the players in the NRL do exactly what Paul Gallen has done and you're not willing to give your own proof of this? You understand how debates work, right? You use facts (like I did) to prove your point.

Chris Walker never did that though.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Defamatory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You're willing to ask others for proof but according to you half the players in the NRL do exactly what Paul Gallen has done and you're not willing to give your own proof of this? You understand how debates work, right? You use facts (like I did) to prove your point.

Chris Walker never did that though.

You're quite right. So for those playing at home like Cult who can't count, there are two men in his profile picture. One is indeed Chris Walker.

I don't have the time. But feel free to voice your opinion on any player you don't like, or like for that matter. I haven't asked anyone for proof, I've pointed out to some people who like to voice their opinion as fact, that they don't know the facts, and thus shouldn't post as if they do know the facts.

Simple stuff. You can have a couple of minutes to let it process.

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
Alright, on reflection, maybe Pea heart wasn't the right thread title. Mods feel free to change this to something like "Whinger whinges about Team, Coach" and then people who like PG can just imagine that it's me whinging about him, which I am.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
You're quite right. So for those playing at home like Cult who can't count, there are two men in his profile picture. One is indeed Chris Walker.

I don't have the time. But feel free to voice your opinion on any player you don't like, or like for that matter. I haven't asked anyone for proof, I've pointed out to some people who like to voice their opinion as fact, that they don't know the facts, and thus shouldn't post as if they do know the facts.

Simple stuff. You can have a couple of minutes to let it process.

You asked me to explain earlier though. Again being selective. But by all means, let's judge him on the things we don't know instead of the things we have all seen him do. Pretty sure the list I gave only had facts in it by the way. Oh man, you're so intellectual when you sarcastically end a debate like that.

Chris Walker was my favourite player when I was younger, hence the picture.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Defamatory.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You asked me to explain earlier though. Again being selective. But by all means, let's judge him on the things we don't know instead of the things we have all seen him do. Pretty sure the list I gave only had facts in it by the way. Oh man, you're so intellectual when you sarcastically end a debate like that.

Chris Walker was my favourite player when I was younger, hence the picture.

I asked you to explain, and you did. What's the problem with that? I then informed you that you don't know him, and you kept going. You still don't have the facts to judge him as a person, yet you do.

You just confirmed that you aren't grasping the conversation at hand. My problem is judging people without knowing said people. I'm not sure intellectual is the right word for what you're trying to say there. Ironic though.

What are your thoughts on Tallis?

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Defamatory.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I asked you to explain, and you did. What's the problem with that? I then informed you that you don't know him, and you kept going. You still don't have the facts to judge him as a person, yet you do.

You just confirmed that you aren't grasping the conversation at hand. My problem is judging people without knowing said people. I'm not sure intellectual is the right word for what you're trying to say there. Ironic though.

What are your thoughts on Tallis?

Yes and I am currently asking you to expain which half of the NRL players have done exactly the same things as Gallen so I can judge them as whinging, cheating pricks too. I don't know him personally but that doesn't make him a good person either. As I explained, I also don't know Hitler. So I can't judge him because I don't know him? You just confirmed that you aren't grasping the conversation at hand. My problem is when people in the public eye do dirty, cheating things to get ahead. Just like Paul Gallen does. My use of the word intellectual was facetious.

Tallis was a ridiculously good player who did some stupid shit on the field. What are your thoughts on Hitler?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Don't have an opinion on the man. Just his regime.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
While we're on this topic too, the players were given the opportunity to help ASADA by admitting whether they have been given these peptides or to give other relevant information and apparently decided to stay quiet. If they weren't so quiet the drug investigation would be far less drawn out. It's as much their fault, probably even more so than ASADA.

Sorry, that's just not fair. They have a right to silence, the burden of proof is on ASADA to prove wrongdoing.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Sorry, that's just not fair. They have a right to silence, the burden of proof is on ASADA to prove wrongdoing.

True but if they stay quiet the Sharks should not be able to complain about the length in time it takes ASADA to prove it.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
True but if they stay quiet the Sharks should not be able to complain about the length in time it takes ASADA to prove it.

Course they can. ASADA started something before they had evidence. It's on them.

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • Bucking Beads
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.