NEWS Phil Gould goes one-on-one with the Broncos CEO, Paul White

so out of interest i just checked out the annual report for year ending 31 December 2018. White was on 650k plus his entitlements

the year ending 31 December 2017, White was on 600k plus his entitlements, but that year he got a bonus of 200k

to put it in perspective ... apparently the Sydney CEO's average 500k ... although i can't confirm this as the couple of annual reports i checked out seemed to just combine their wages figures into one sum
yeah $650k + bonus' leading to just over $756k. That's pretty much in line with what a CEO earns for a company with that amount of revenue.
[automerge]1569910140[/automerge]
yeah $650k + bonus' leading to just over $756k. That's pretty much in line with what a CEO earns for a company with that amount of revenue.
I just looked at it some more and saw in the 2017/18 year he got a $200k bonus. He didn't get that this year. Why the **** did he get a bonus? lol

Last edited:
Lol ****.

I was walking home from dropping my son off at kindy when I wrote that and I was like am I going to get called out on this... because no I didn't watch it. I was just going off what was said itt.

When you need to talk shit about your club but don’t have time to research and make an unbiased post.

When you need to talk shit about your club but don’t have time to research and make an unbiased post.

I incorrectly assumed they were interviewed together when someone in a thread about the interview said that one said more than the other. My mistake.

There are many great questions posed here and I'm sure Gould proposed to ask quite a few of them but most likely had the majority of them crossed out on the sheet.

They are both good players, we haven’t had any shortage of them. Hodgo, Parker, Thaiday etc.

Genuine match-winning halves, elite fullbacks / hookers have been virtually non-existant in our ‘system’.

What about Yow Yeh? He was absolutely elite before injury cut him down.

There are many great questions posed here and I'm sure Gould proposed to ask quite a few of them but most likely had the majority of them crossed out on the sheet.

yeah, because Gould and Channel 9 care about the Broncos so much, they want to make sure he isn't inconvenienced by being asked hard questions

Don't know about any of you but I have to say I was a bit letdown when ch9 news last night said 'after the break find out about a new signing for the Broncos'. I actually sat and waited through the ad-break just to learn to was Paul White re-signing for a year. Yeh I got sucked in, but shit like that does ch9 no favours in the long run.

Bottom line though I was pissed that we still have not managed to sign a single player yet.

Or sacked one. White came out and said that despite the dismal end to the season, the scathing review didn’t mean that any players would get sacked, only that they will be “put on notice”. How fucking pathetic.

An elite team needs to always have every player “on notice”. No one should be safe. Extended periods of excellence would buy some temporary good will in the event of form loss, but very few Broncos would fall in to that category, maybe Gillett?

yeah, because Gould and Channel 9 care about the Broncos so much, they want to make sure he isn't inconvenienced by being asked hard questions
Nah white would've prob agreed to do the interview with the condition he could review the questions and cross out the ones he wouldn't answer. Pretty standard. I'm under no illusions that channel 9 give a flying jellybean **** about the donks cobber.

The entire interview was a fluff piece.

I'm very skeptical about this "review" that has taken place.

I'm skeptical of a lot of the news that's been reported to come out of Red Hill lately. Too much bullshit for my liking.

Paul White is in a quandary.

In the beginning, it was so simple. The Broncos will get record crowds, sponsorships and profits and we'll get it by winning pretty much everything there is to be won.

Then a funny thing happened...

We still got record crowds, sponsorships and profits despite winning jack shit in the last decade or so.

Remember the Argus review over in Cricket? That's where most of the bullshit started.

Here's what I think:

Fans will cop heavy losses with a new squad and new coach if they can see the team is trying something different.

Fans won't cop heavy losses with players like Boyd and McCullough still in the team.

If the Broncos are serious, those two have played their last game. If they run out next year then it's just corporate. PR-drivel.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • LittleDavey
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  • Jedhead
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.