Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the best play-maker in either code. There are no if, buts or maybes about it.

well i've got plenty of ifs, buts and maybes about it

Looks like Yow-Yeh's value and Beales would go up a notch if they play well in the test match!

Very good experience for them as well might i add.

The Rock said:
m1c said:
He is the best play-maker in either code. There are no if, buts or maybes about it.

How can he be the best play-maker in either code IF he hasn't played in top grade League before to prove that? MAYBE he will get a chance to prove himself if the Broncos want to have a shot at him BUT until he plays some top grade NRL, I'm not going to be sold on him being the best play-maker in either code.

Thanks for saving me the effort of typing all that out myself Rock icon_thumbs_u

The Rock said:
m1c said:

How can he be the best play-maker in either code IF he hasn't played in top grade League before to prove that? MAYBE he will get a chance to prove himself if the Broncos want to have a shot at him BUT until he plays some top grade NRL, I'm not going to be sold on him being the best play-maker in either code.

Who do you think is the best?

1. J. Thurston / C Smith.
2. Daylight
3. Sundry others

Raw Boned Youngster said:
1. J. Thurston / C Smith.
2. Daylight
3. Sundry others

Sad thing about form, because on their day Prince/Marshall would match Thurston/Smith no problem.

Even on his best day, Marshall isn't on the level of Smith and Thurston. When the going gets tough, Benji goes missing. Marshall doesn't lead a team around like they do.

Rock, I think you should treat yourself and watch a few Reds games. Cooper is unlike anything I have seen in any code before. Benji's career highlights reel wouldn't be too dissimilar to Quade's match highlights from just about any game he's played over the last few months. He's peerless in the number of opportunities he creates for himself and those around him. I'm talking play maker in the literal sense. He's light years off controlling a game like a Lockyer, Thurston or Smith. I'm not sure if he'd fit into Leagues rigid structures.

m1c said:
Rock, I think you should treat yourself and watch a few Reds games. Cooper is unlike anything I have seen in any code before. Benji's career highlights reel wouldn't be too dissimilar to Quade's match highlights from just about any game he's played over the last few months. He's peerless in the number of opportunities he creates for himself and those around him. I'm talking play maker in the literal sense. He's light years off controlling a game like a Lockyer, Thurston or Smith. I'm not sure if he'd fit into Leagues rigid structures.

Just ignore the last 2 games... more so Saturday nights.... [eusa_doh

Whilst his kicking was abysmal against the 'tahs he was still great with the ball in hand. He scored the only 5 pointer with his ~60m solo effort. Probably the individual try of the year to date. On Saturday he single handedly took the Reds back from 20 points down to the lead with a direct hand in all of their second half points.

The mind boggles that these were actually two of his lesser games this year [icon_ee

Quade Cooper is shit, half a season doesn't make a player, when he comes up against a real team like the AB's he has nothing, Dan Carter is 10 times the player as QC

spanky said:
Quade Cooper is shit, half a season doesn't make a player, when he comes up against a real team like the AB's he has nothing, Dan Carter is 10 times the player as QC

You might find he is rated on more than half a season. Unless your counting the only half season you have ever watched.

Actually I've probably seen his whole career he is no where near the best play maker in any code

spanky said:
Actually I've probably seen his whole career he is no where near the best play maker in any code

So where would you rate him?

So you don't rate Marshall either? Very similar players IMO just with Cooper holding form better.

Marshall is a far better player,the NRL is by far a tougher competition, what have the reds done this year? beat the stormers and then all the Aussie teams, big woop, lets see how he goes against the remaining kiwi teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • BruiserMk1
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.