Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good player no doubt and would be starting at some other clubs. Wanting it all yesterday seems to be a feature of Gen Y often to their detriment. The majority seem to lack the foresight to realise they'll be better players in the long term if they trust the development path older and wiser heads have set them. Dave Taylor and Ben Barba are two notable examples who kicked up huge stinks behind the scenes only to publicly appreciate their staggered development with hindsights benefit.

It would be ridiculous if we did not resign Hodges. He must be the next signing we make.

Mister Wright said:
It would be ridiculous if we did not resign Hodges. He must be the next signing we make.
Agreed, we need to lock up what we have including the young guns. We don't need another fullback/winger - unless Hook would see Boyd as a 5/8?

If he sees Boyd as a 5/8, he must have some great set plays up his sleeve.

Very doubtful of Boyd coming back IMO. Norman will be our 6 next season IMO.

Bucking Beads said:

Yep. And Ben Hunt will replace Matt Orford as halfback at Canberra.

Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:

Canberra would be wasting their money.

Cronulla, Warriors, Penrith, Souths or Parramatta on the other hand...

If the Broncos are to let Hunt go it seems a waste to have him on the bench. They obviously have plans for him in the future otherwise they wouldn't be giving him game time.

Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:

I like Hunt I just feel Norman is suited to the 6 and Hunt is more of a hooker/half

Agree with Beads.

The way the Broncos play it doesn't really matter if you're 6 or 7. Either attack left or right.

Will come down to who out of Norman and Hunt is more comfortable on the right side to replace Locky.

Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:

Well considering they've re-signed Sam Williams for a couple more years I doubt that will happen

Anderson - Toodles ! ... better than Carlaw and Tronc ... I'd rather keep Kenny
Hunt - Toodles ... don't care
Norman - #6 straight up next year is a good thing

We need to buy a hooker ... stop spending money on outside backs ... McCullough is rubbish and although you guys here like Baptiste - how far off being ready is he ?

priority #1 = buy a hooker

Oink !

Pigskin said:
We need to buy a hooker ... stop spending money on outside backs ... McCullough is rubbish and although you guys here like Baptiste - how far off being ready is he ?

priority #1 = buy a hooker

Oink !
I agree with McCullough being crap. He's way underperforming. Looked promising when he first started but just hasn't developed. He really lets our team down sometimes. Hopefully I have to eat my words and he gets better but from what he's showed this year we could do much better

We need a real hooker big time, I have no time for Macca at the moment. I have had a gutful of the ball being knocked out of his hand from dummy half.

Coxy said:
The way the Broncos play it doesn't really matter if you're 6 or 7. Either attack left or right.

Will come down to who out of Norman and Hunt is more comfortable on the right side to replace Locky.

fair call but I see Norman as being better on the right and much more similar to Lockyer

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:

fair call but I see Norman as being better on the right and much more similar to Lockyer

He's certainly the better runner out of Hunt and Norman. Not sure his passing or kicking games are anywhere near as good as Hunt though.

And defensively, Hunt would be better.

But really comparisons are pointless at this stage of their respective careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Shane Tronc
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.