Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong said:
I don't want to sign Boyd at the cost of some promising youngsters, but if Hook wants him, then that's good enough for me. He'll know where he's going to fit him into the team, and let's face it...a team with Boyd in it, is better than a team without Boyd.

He's about to hit his prime.

I agree, his game has improved immensely from the time he left; He had showed potential while at the Broncos, but he has gone to another level now, and not only that but he plays well consistently. I haven't ruled him out of being a 5/8th either - nothing to lose to give him a try. He couldn't be worse then Hunt and/or McCullough (for those saying McCullough is essentially a half).

Either way like ning said, a team with Boyd in it is much better then a team without. Plus if Boyd plays 5/8th, and Hoffman fullback, Beale probably gets the utility bench role since he can play pretty much anywhere across the back, even seen him play lock in the u20's; Reed and Hodges the centre pairing, and Gagai and Yow-Yeh the wings. That leaves Copley to miss out which isn't that big a loss IMO at the addition of Boyd.

Hope he comes back home!

PETERN said:
ningnangnong said:
I don't want to sign Boyd at the cost of some promising youngsters, but if Hook wants him, then that's good enough for me. He'll know where he's going to fit him into the team, and let's face it...a team with Boyd in it, is better than a team without Boyd.

He's about to hit his prime.

I agree, his game has improved immensely from the time he left; He had showed potential while at the Broncos, but he has gone to another level now, and not only that but he plays well consistently. I haven't ruled him out of being a 5/8th either - nothing to lose to give him a try. He couldn't be worse then Hunt and/or McCullough (for those saying McCullough is essentially a half).

Either way like ning said, a team with Boyd in it is much better then a team without. Plus if Boyd plays 5/8th, and Hoffman fullback, Beale probably gets the utility bench role since he can play pretty much anywhere across the back, even seen him play lock in the u20's; Reed and Hodges the centre pairing, and Gagai and Yow-Yeh the wings. That leaves Copley to miss out which isn't that big a loss IMO at the addition of Boyd.

Hope he comes back home!

Well said.

I agree with this post 100% icon_thumbs_u

Raw Boned Youngster said:
Not what I'm hearing.
I think the Broncos are firming.

Didn't you also say Bennett will be returning in 2012 ?

Beau Champion.

go Broncos recruiting staff, go.

Anonymous person said:
Beau Champion.

Why? Reed, Hodges, Copley, Beale, Yow Yeh (looked good in the centres vs Storm)...don't need another centre.

Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:
Beau Champion.

Why? Reed, Hodges, Copley, Beale, Yow Yeh (looked good in the centres vs Storm)...don't need another centre.

And in worst case of injuries. Teo,Gillett,Glenn can all fill in as well.

as good as these young guys are, id take him over Copley, Beale and Reed.

and lets not kid ourselves - Hodges will get injured again for another extended time, and hes only got a limited shelf-life left anyway. Champion is what, 25? still got at least another 5 years in him.

Anonymous person said:
as good as these young guys are, id take him over Copley, Beale and Reed.

and lets not kid ourselves - Hodges will get injured again for another extended time, and hes only got a limited shelf-life left anyway. Champion is what, 25? still got at least another 5 years in him.

That is not how building a football club and winning culture works. The kids we have could quite easily develop into better players than Champion.

Copely/Beale will be superstars in the future imo and for Beale in other peoples opinions as well.

Reed while he may never win us a game (Almost on Saturday) I'm confident he won't ever lose us a game.

We don't need to buy another player, Champion is solid at best he won't ever be a superstar.

champion won't get any better than he is now. our young guys are just finding their feet and have loads of potential. i dont want someone like champion coming into the team. intruder!. i wouldnt mind if boyd comes back because he grew up here.

When you have the depth that we have in outside backs, you don't buy anyone else unless they are a superstar like Folau or Inglis. Beau Champion is no superstar.

But he's a professional try scorer!

I'd much prefer to keep the faith in our young players at the moment. Beau Champion isn't that great anyway IMO.

Reed has a high chance of becoming an international player before next season. Sif drop him. [icon_razz1

Champion is basically a more experienced version of Reed. Both physically strong, solid in attack and great in defence. I'd rather Reed than Champion for the difference in salary cap that they would be on.

lyn said:
Champion is basically a more experienced version of Reed. Both physically strong, solid in attack and great in defence. I'd rather Reed than Champion for the difference in salary cap that they would be on.

And Reed has more room for improvement IMO. Champion is probably peaking. Reed could yet find another dimension to his game.

Reed > Champion as a long term prospect. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • Dexter
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.