Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt buy one guy atm, unless somehow Cronk or Thurston become available, or some epic english playmaker that I dont know about.

I love the kids at the club at the moment, we have such a bright future, i think we need to conserve as much cap space as possible atm so we can keep these guys on the books for as long as we can, we are building to something special, just need to get it right in the playmaking, although Wallace seems to be coming really good.

pennywisealfie said:
I wouldnt buy one guy atm, unless somehow Cronk or Thurston become available, or some epic english playmaker that I dont know about.

I love the kids at the club at the moment, we have such a bright future, i think we need to conserve as much cap space as possible atm so we can keep these guys on the books for as long as we can, we are building to something special, just need to get it right in the playmaking, although Wallace seems to be coming really good.

According to today's paper there's going to be an almost double in the salary cap. That means there's a good chance we can keep this team together for a long time. Let's not go chasing anyone.

Not really because every other club will have the same increase so the situation doesn't really change.

I rate Champion but I don't want any more outside backs.

I'd rather the junior product than an import where there's that choice

Jeba said:
When you have the depth that we have in outside backs, you don't buy anyone else unless they are a superstar like Folau or Inglis. Beau Champion is no superstar.

exactly right

I take a lot of convincing, but we should be content with what we have right now ... we at the very least need to enjoy them while they don't cost us the earth ... maybe in a few years when they all Origin players then we will have to cull and look at average options ... which Champion is

I suggested in another thread that I'd like to buy O'neill at the right price ... but he is like a $150k tops type player (well thats my guess) ... Champion would be double that and would be silly for us to spend that kind of money

I'll say it again, we need a hooker ... wtf did we let Ennis go /sigh

Oink !

Anyone got any inside info if there is any chance Boyd will be returning?

If he was going to sign with Newcastle shouldn't it have been completed by now..???

PETERN said:
If he was going to sign with Newcastle shouldn't it have been completed by now..???

Not necessarily.

They've only just completed their negotiations with Snowden, so I reckon we might hear something over the next couple of weeks. icon_thumbs_u

Hodges secured, now Broncos want Boyd

HAVING ensured Justin Hodges will play out the remainder of his career in Brisbane, the Broncos last night outlined plans to step-up talks with Darius Boyd in coming days as they look to bring the Queensland State of Origin star back to the club.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 6054252673

I just don't understand why we want Boyd, other than nostalgia. I less and less see him as a viable halves option, and I wouldn't put him in place of Hoffman or Beale at fullback, and wouldn't want to see Reed lose his centre spot.

I don't think Hook is the sort of guy who would chase a players signature for 'nostalgia' value.

He'd have Boyd in mind for an important role for sure.

I trust Hooks judgement

I don't understand it either. We've got so much depth in the backs, so I really think we'd be better off spending that money to secure a few years out of the likes of Hoffman, Beale, Yow Yeh, Reed, Copley and Gagai.

We should only be shopping for a 5/8th or a hooker, but even if we don't pursue anything there I'd be happy enough to see what our youngsters can offer us.

Did someone say we needed a 5/8th next year.....?

I don't know if I like the idea of buying Boyd so he can play 5/8.....

He's a good player no doubt but judging by who we have now it's not worth paying 400k or so for another back.

Hope we don't get Boyd. I don't see him as a 5/8th. Titans need a 5/8th so they can have him.

Fine. I'll take him as a fullback.

If we sign Boyd it muse be because we see him as 5/8th in the future... We need a hooker and a halfback not another back thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • IceWorks
  • OnToSomething
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.