Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I'm confident that this year Te'o will show himself to be either a massive loss to the side, or a bloody good player to have re-signed.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I thought Te'o played his best last season the few chances he got to play at lock. Looked to get the ball in his hands a bit more and was very dangerous linking with centres and the halves, while still doing the hard work of a backrower.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Wallace and Norman have resigned. It's on the broncos website

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
well ok, they better be good tho, otherwise we are in for a few lean years

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
PREMIERS Manly last night issued a hands-off warning to rival clubs eyeing off Daly Cherry-Evans as the Broncos refuted speculation they are plotting to poach the Test playmaker.

The Sea Eagles' bid to retain Cherry-Evans comes at a time when the Broncos are facing their own personnel headaches, with a $5 million retention drive leaving star duo Ben Te'o and Gerard Beale fighting for new deals.

Manly have begun talks to upgrade the contract of Cherry-Evans, who is signed until the end of 2013 but can activate a get-out clause this season.

The Broncos have been repeatedly linked with the Maroons Origin hopeful, due largely to coach Anthony Griffin having ties with Cherry-Evans' father Troy and his uncle Steve, a legend at the Redcliffe club Griffin formerly coached.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...aly-cherry-evans/story-e6frep5x-1226283183724

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Tim Gilbert on The Roast just said he's heard Ben Te'o could be off to the Bulldogs.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I fail to see how the Bulldogs would need Te'o they already have Pritchard, Eastwood, Halatau, Stagg and Payne.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Bulldogs are trying to buy a premiership.

They will fail.

Doesn't faze me if Te'o leaves.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
It's probably time to move Stagg on. They don't have a whole lot of forward depth either.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
They've got a few promising juniors coming through in Finucane, Taupau & Jackson.

But yeah I don't think Stagg, Payne or Halatau have that much of a shelf life. If there was one club looking for another backrower, it'd be them.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Gee they seem to like Broncos forwards don't they.. Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood and Hannant all in recent years.

Wouldn't have any qualms if Te'o left.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Gee they seem to like Broncos forwards don't they.. Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood and Hannant all in recent years.

Wouldn't have any qualms if Te'o left.

Yep. No great loss

J

JaseC

NYC Player
Mar 7, 2012
Hi guys

I think it would be a lost Te'O, it is a waste of a great utility. Before he got injured last year, he was in some decent form. Yes I know he has been plagued with injuries since his Origin debut in 2010, but he has such potential as a backrower playing on the fringes as well as a stop-gap measure in the centres if we have plenty of injuries during the season.

He is a gamble, if he re-injures himself we are stuck with him longer however if he regains fitness, I think we will see the same form that got him that Origin jersey, if not better things to come!

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Origin 18th man. He never actually played for Queensland.

And I don't think injuries is the concern with Te'o. It's a case of our huge depth in the back row and Te'o not really worth keeping in the context of the salary cap. I'm a fan of his and I think he's a good player, but you'd understand from both perspectives if he moved on.

A

andrewhaigh

BRL Player
Feb 11, 2009
Just heard Beale going to tigers from a mate. Rumour at the mo', waiting on sauce...

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Just heard Beale going to tigers from a mate. Rumour at the mo', waiting on sauce...

300x300-MF%20SQZY%20Tom%20Sauce%20SaltReduced%20500ML.jpg

Hope tomato is okay!

Ningnazism aside, interesting rumour if true. With Tedesco's ACL it would certainly make sense for this year, but presumably you mean for next season? With Utai, Ryan and Lote on the wings there's certainly some room for improvement though.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Very well played, Ari.

If Beale is happy to play on the wing though, surely he'd just remain at the Broncos? Unless it's more coin he's after.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • eggstar10
  • Waynesaurus
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.