Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Watch more canberra games. williams is light years ahead of hunt atm

I have actually watched pretty much all of canberra's games. One of mates is a mad raiders fan, and as well as watching all their games with him I have had the displeasure of watching blake fergusons ridiculous shirtless clap dance way too many times.

There is no way williams is "light years" ahead of hunt. IMO he is slighty better than hunt, which he bloody well should be seeing as he gets to play week in and week out in his preferred position. Williams is not our savour by a long shot, the only purpose he would serve would be to put pressure on the halves, as long as he came cheap.

I have actually watched pretty much all of canberra's games. One of mates is a mad raiders fan, and as well as watching all their games with him I have had the displeasure of watching blake fergusons ridiculous shirtless clap dance way too many times.

There is no way williams is "light years" ahead of hunt. IMO he is slighty better than hunt, which he bloody well should be seeing as he gets to play week in and week out in his preferred position. Williams is not our savour by a long shot, the only purpose he would serve would be to put pressure on the halves, as long as he came cheap.

At this stage in his career, i think he is light years ahead purely because of what you just said, he gets to play week in and week out in his preferred position. Regardless of whether its the players ahead of him (who are not good at all, so no idea why they are ahead), or his skill is not yet up to first grade, Hunt cant get a starting spot. Granted, williams only got his spot because campese is out injured, but with the retirement of lockyer, hunt had just as big of a shot to get the 6 jersey as anyone else did.

Williams is playing consistent, quality first grade football and he helped steer a very underskilled and undermanned raiders team into the finals, whereas hunt is, at best, a backup hooker / half struggling to secure his spot in a team where the halves are the major issue.

also, nowhere did i say williams is our savour, i purely pointed out hunt is nowhere near the level that many on here think he is and looking elsewhere could be a solution

maybe u dont like the term "light years", but u cant argue that hunt is far off the level that williams is at

Last edited:
The best signing we could make is a new CEO. We're lacking a Greenburg. For instance, he had the smarts to hunt down Wayne Bennett in order to get the good knowledge on who who should employ as coach. If you can't get the best, at least get his opinion.

The best signing we could make is a new CEO. We're lacking a Greenburg. For instance, he had the smarts to hunt down Wayne Bennett in order to get the good knowledge on who who should employ as coach. If you can't get the best, at least get his opinion.

I miss the days when we had fiesty CEOs like John Ribot (and to a lesser extent Shane Edwards) ... the sort of characters who didn't give a sh*t about anything apart from moving heaven and earth to advance their club .. and didn't give a sh*t if they had to break a few noses getting that job done.

At this stage in his career, i think he is light years ahead purely because of what you just said, he gets to play week in and week out in his preferred position. Regardless of whether its the players ahead of him (who are not good at all, so no idea why they are ahead), or his skill is not yet up to first grade, Hunt cant get a starting spot. Granted, williams only got his spot because campese is out injured, but with the retirement of lockyer, hunt had just as big of a shot to get the 6 jersey as anyone else did.

Williams is playing consistent, quality first grade football and he helped steer a very underskilled and undermanned raiders team into the finals, whereas hunt is, at best, a backup hooker / half struggling to secure his spot in a team where the halves are the major issue.

also, nowhere did i say williams is our savour, i purely pointed out hunt is nowhere near the level that many on here think he is and looking elsewhere could be a solution

maybe u dont like the term "light years", but u cant argue that hunt is far off the level that williams is at

How exactly are the raiders "unskilled and undermanned"? Across the park they have plenty of skill. Just because they have been underperforming until recently, doesn't mean they don't have the talent. Williams is a servicible halfback but I don't really see the wraps that some people give him, but in any case I'm not going to argue the point with you. IMHO it makes absolutely no sense for the broncos to sign him.

How exactly are the raiders "unskilled and undermanned"? Across the park they have plenty of skill. Just because they have been underperforming until recently, doesn't mean they don't have the talent. Williams is a servicible halfback but I don't really see the wraps that some people give him, but in any case I'm not going to argue the point with you. IMHO it makes absolutely no sense for the broncos to sign him.

Well firstly, they were "undermanned" because of their huge injury toll this year. They had dugan out for a lot of it. White was out for the season early on, as was campese. harrison and thurling have been on the injured list most of the year. berrigan and buttress have also missed alot. For someone who apparently watches most of their games, you should know the injury toll they have endured

Secondly, I said "underskilled" not "unskilled". big difference. their team lacks the superstars many other teams have, and really only dugan and shillington would be considered top tier. fensom, ferguson, earl, and robinson have come on in leaps and bounds this year but they are still, on paper, vastly underskilled compared to many other teams, especially ours. i think you are overexaggerating how good i think williams is. i dont rate him that highly, but hes done a good job with the team, and hes proven to be a much better player than hunt so far imo

Last edited:
I wouldn't call them underskilled.

They have just as much talent as we do. They just haven't harnessed it properly.

You need a gun half, fullback or hooker to win a comp these days. Right now we have none and Sam Williams is good, but not a star. He'd be an upgrade but not one that I would see delivering a title so I don't really see the use.

You need a gun half, fullback or hooker to win a comp these days. Right now we have none and Sam Williams is good, but not a star. He'd be an upgrade but not one that I would see delivering a title so I don't really see the use.

I agree. Hes good, not a star. He would definitely be an upgrade though and that's all i was saying in my original post

Watch more canberra games. williams is light years ahead of hunt atm

I agree. Hes good, not a star. He would definitely be an upgrade though and that's all i was saying in my original post

Ok so here you say Williams is just good, earlier he was light years ahead of hunt. Wow, you must have a very low opinion of hunt

Gee I reckon some of the calls being made against the club are way over the top. New CEO, New Coach, New Captain.. WOW.

Gee I reckon some of the calls being made against the club are way over the top. New CEO, New Coach, New Captain.. WOW.

Totally agree, but this is how it always is when we don't win a premiership

I think we are missing a superstar playmaker for the first time. Since the broncos inception, we have been fortunate to have Lewis (ableit towards the end of his career), Langer and Lockyer in the playmaking role, and each successor was coming through as each predecessor was nearing the end of their career. All 3 were once in a generation type players, and we were lucky to have all 3 of them in a genration.

All we needed was another capable secondary playmaker to do their role and let the primary playmaker get the ball when they wanted it to work their magic.

We no longer have superstar playmaker, and there is too much pressure being placed on a player who for too long was able to sit back and let Lockyer make all the big plays. Wallace was ok at that role, but not good as a primary playmaker.

Whoever we sign or groom in to the role is never going to measure up to those 3 imo.

Fensom was their Mal Meninga Medal winner two years running. He was just as good last year and he will be just as good next year, probably the most consistent player in the NRL.

Ok so here you say Williams is just good, earlier he was light years ahead of hunt. Wow, you must have a very low opinion of hunt

Well hes done sweet **** all to prove to me hes anything better than a reserve grade player despite ppl on this forum jizzing over him for years now. He cant even crack the top 13 when norman and wallace are in dreadful form.

Williams was playing so well they decided to play Dugan @ fullback.

#justsayin'

Also, that's technically wrong. Hunt got the nod over Norman against Canberra. Not that I'd use that game to prove Hunt is an awesome half, he was hooked after all.

Last edited:

Active Now

• marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.