Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Williams is a pretty good young halfback. Definitely rate him higher than Hunt at this stage. Hunt has never got a decent run in the halves but he has never forced the coaches hand either.

Williams is a pretty good young halfback. Definitely rate him higher than Hunt at this stage. Hunt has never got a decent run in the halves but he has never forced the coaches hand either.

He's not a 5/8 so what were they gonna do....drop the nuffy half they just signed for another couple of years?

You watch Hunt......he'll go to another club and be yet another case of the one that got away.

IMO, the only reason people would rate Williams higher is because they have seen him play more in his natural position and he has been given the opportunity to get his NRL game together.

Yep, difficult for Hunt to force Hook's hand in the halves when he's been stuck in the replacement hooker role for two seasons.

The only time he gets a chance to prove himself is when Wallace is injured and naturally he's not going to be Darren Lockyer in two odd games.

I really hope Hook doesn't let him rot on the bench and if he isn't good enough to make the starting halves he sends him to Norths.

I really hope Hook doesn't let him rot on the bench and if he isn't good enough to make the starting halves he sends him to Norths.

and if he does that then you'd could be guaranteed Hunt will be looking for another way out to play in the NRL. He's had a taste. He won't want to go backwards.

and I can't blame him tbh........

If he can't handle a stint in Q Cup to prove himself then he isn't worth keeping.

Same goes for Norman.

Prince will retire next year.......guess who'll come knocking on Ben Hunt's door.

Says who?

I'm sure Hunt will prefer to play ten minutes of hooker where he knows he has zero future in that position instead of given direction and the promise of a full-time starting spot if he meets expectations.

If he can't cop that, we don't need him.

Says who?

I'm sure Hunt will prefer to play ten minutes of hooker where he knows he has zero future in that position instead of given direction and the promise of a full-time starting spot if he meets expectations.

If he can't cop that, we don't need him.

So if he is tearing it up at Norths.......and let's even go as far to say that, Peter Wallace starts to have another run of outs.....again

You really think they'll drop Wallace for Hunt??

He's being left very little option but to leave if he wants to play NRL.

Last edited:
He's not a 5/8 so what were they gonna do....drop the nuffy half they just signed for another couple of years?

You watch Hunt......he'll go to another club and be yet another case of the one that got away.

IMO, the only reason people would rate Williams higher is because they have seen him play more in his natural position and he has been given the opportunity to get his NRL game together.

Hunt is not a 5/8? The way we play it doesn't really matter, he jumped into first receiver on occasion.

I'm of the opinion that if you can play halfback and have a half decent running game and a bit of vision you can sure as shit play 5/8.

How exactly are the raiders "unskilled and undermanned"? Across the park they have plenty of skill. Just because they have been underperforming until recently, doesn't mean they don't have the talent. Williams is a servicible halfback but I don't really see the wraps that some people give him, but in any case I'm not going to argue the point with you. IMHO it makes absolutely no sense for the broncos to sign him.

Agreed, I don't see Williams as an upgrade to anyone.

So if he is tearing it up at Norths.......and let's even go as far to say that, Peter Wallace starts to have another run of outs.....again

You really think they'll drop Wallace for Hunt??

He's being left very little option but to leave if he wants to play NRL.

I'd say he has a better chance of doing so than playing 10 minutes of bench hooker every week and that's what it comes down to for me.

Apparently Alfie won't be at the Broncos as our trainer next year.

Apparently Alfie won't be at the Broncos as our trainer next year.

Interesting, I guess the club wants a real assistant coach to help with tactics and game plans. No disrespect to Langer but he should work through the ranks so he can learn coaching properly.

Quade Cooper appears to have played his last game for the wallabies while Deans is coach.

He posted a few comments on Twitter about Deans coaching style and his desire to play league with SBW. Could be worth looking into getting Cooper to the Broncos. The bloke is probably a wanker but he's a massive talent and would look great in a Broncos jersey!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...ie-deans-and-aru/story-e6frf55l-1226479790160

He is a massive wanker but he can play and is the type of x factor or team needs. He could be a very good 5/8th in the NRL. It is a risk but we should like at signing him but I think he wants to play for the Roosters with SBW.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rough and Ready
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Purple Pills
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncotville
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.