Player Movements and Rumours 2012

We just beat the Panthers & Parramatta smashed us by 20.

We were just making up the numbers.

Do I really have to say it??

Our best is much better than Parra or Penrith

Brisbane had a terrible end of season no doubt but I think the amount of players who have pulled out of Rep duties speaks volumes. They played injured for the majority of the second half of the season, I don't expect that would happen every year and If it doesn't Brisbane are a real good chance of winning a premiership.

As for no star wanting to come here because they want to win a premiership, It happens in sports all over the world where one or two players go to a club because they feel they are the missing piece of the puzzle that could take the club to the premiership. In the NBA Miami did it and after 2 seasons it paid off, The Lakers are attempting the same thing this season.

Watched Milford for Canberra again today, would love to see us invest in a young halfback like him. Team got flogged but he was dangerous everytime he touched the ball.

Ben Hunt was highly rated in the 20's as well. It will still be a gamble if get a guy like Milford.

Ben Hunt was highly rated in the 20's as well. It will still be a gamble if get a guy like Milford.

yeah anything less than an established half who's just ready to plug in would basically just be a step sideways ...

Milford could be a star, but he also could be quite ordinary. You can't get a gauge on them at Toyota cup level. Hunt and Norman both had similar wraps on them in the Toyota cup and now half this forum are baying for their blood... Doesn't make sense

Milford could be a star, but he also could be quite ordinary. You can't get a gauge on them at Toyota cup level. Hunt and Norman both had similar wraps on them in the Toyota cup and now half this forum are baying for their blood... Doesn't make sense

^ This. The one massive asterisk on any of these youngsters is that they're dominating Toyota Cup, which, IMO, is the worst quality rugby league competition that gets recognised. It's weak as piss. Absolutely the worst possible gauge of how good a young playmaker is. Defence is non-existent.

Neither are receiving the wraps Milford has.

Milford has been rated the next JT since he was practically 12 and he's stayed true to those wraps.

Norman was never any good in 20s. Odd flashes of brilliance but he never dominated. Without Hunt, he never lead the Broncos to a top 8 finish.

Hunt was, but only to the effect that he was consistent. He didn't have the skill-set of Milford & while yes Hunt was the NYC Player of the Year at around the same age, he benefitted from the likes of Barba, Sandow & Coote playing first grade which enabled Hunt to poll more points.

I wouldn't lure Milford until he received a taste of first grade and proved himself but if he wanted to come home right now I wouldn't say no and would be excited.

Thanks for your services Gerarad Beale (Clairvaux boy like me), Ben Teo and Petro. Gerard and Ben good luck with your new clubs and best wishes for the future Petro. A true gentleman and champion of the game.

Apparently Luke Dalziel-don and jake Granville from q cup has been signed. Not what we need obviously but good depth signings IMO. Of course Dalziel-don needs to recover from his ruptured ACL first

Good signings there. For depth more than anything obviously but from what I understand these type of signings wouldn't be eating into our cap? Secondary squad or something. Good to have them around to keep the pressure on the top squad to perform.

I rate Granville higher than McCullough.

Great more QLD cup players. May as well quit the NRL and become a QLD cup team.

Always struck me as odd that Granville never attracted any interest from other clubs, must be a size issue because he's continually been one of the best in Q Cup for some time.

These are just secondary cap signings that wouldn't cost more than 20K. Every club signs these types in the pre-season. Where else did the likes of Gillett, Reed & Winterstein come from? Heck, even this year with Everingham for Souths was on a secondary deal.

Good signings there. For depth more than anything obviously but from what I understand these type of signings wouldn't be eating into our cap? Secondary squad or something. Good to have them around to keep the pressure on the top squad to perform.

I rate Granville higher than McCullough.

While I don't necessarily rate Granville ahead of macca I do think he is very good.

If we are going to persist with the whole "there is nothing wrong with our halves and no need to look outside the club" stance, then I think I best option would be to put Granville at hooker, turn macca into a Cronk style manufactured HB, Wallace to 6, Norman to bulk up and go into his true position in the back row and hunt, I don't know tbh

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • BruiserMk1
  • Foordy
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Rambstien
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.