Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Tom Butterfield is another one that is ahead of McCullough. McCullough is just taking up cap space at the Broncos. QLD cup is a much higher level of competition

Tom Butterfield is another one that is ahead of McCullough. McCullough is just taking up cap space at the Broncos. QLD cup is a much higher level of competition

Waste of space, obviously despite all the accolades from critics and strong on field performances he is woeful. Granville is clearly better than macca. Word is that they have been just letting macca play for the broncs while Granville continues to perfect his trade in the q cup, as it is the superior comp. I am very excited that Granville will be leading us to our next premiership in the number. I would suggest that macca could come off the bench but Granville is an 80 plus minute player and besides hunt is a better hooker than macca anyway

This should totes be out 2013 side

1. Joe Bond
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Aaron Whitchurch
4. Dan Wallace
5. Liam Georgetown
6. Luke Capewell
7. Jacob Fauid
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Kurt Baptiste
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Nick Slyney
12. Brendon Gibb
13. Luke Dalziel-Don

14. Jake Granville
15. Mitchell Frei
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Tom Butterfield (c)

[video=youtube_share;L_mrNQBLSMU]http://youtu.be/L_mrNQBLSMU[/video]

I thought my post didn't need a /sarcasm, but apparently I was wrong

This should totes be out 2013 side

1. Joe Bond
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Aaron Whitchurch
4. Dan Wallace
5. Liam Georgetown
6. Luke Capewell
7. Jacob Fauid
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Kurt Baptiste
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Nick Slyney
12. Brendon Gibb
13. Luke Dalziel-Don

14. Jake Granville
15. Mitchell Frei
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Tom Butterfield (c)

[video=youtube_share;L_mrNQBLSMU]http://youtu.be/L_mrNQBLSMU[/video]

Start engraving the trophy now, that is a premiership winning side. No way we could fit all that quality under the cap tho, without severely hampering our depth

I'm surprised by the Macca hate too. I'm not a huge fan of his by any means, but this was easily his best season for the club and I hope he develops further next season. The best case scenario for the Broncos is he becomes a true 80 minute hooker so we can utilise our 4th bench spot better.

Of our spine the 9 is the only one I am not worried about as we have someone who is not only tough but has shown he can be creative and tries things even if he can get it wrong more often than the very best hookers going around. I want players in our spine who are willing to try different things and chance their arm rather than guys like Wallace, Hoffman and Norman where I think the opposition knows exactly what they will be up against. You can have 1 or maybe 2 of your spine like that but not 3 of them. Melbourne are different they have Cronk and Smith who rarely go outside the box but they are so exceptionally good at what they do no matter how much planning you do you can't really stop some of the things they will do.

McCullough does need to add more to his game if he really wants to be thought of as one of the better players. At the moment he's mostly either passing or running like a standard hooker....both of which can be done better by just about any other hooker at the Broncos. McCullough is a pretty slow passer off the ground. His defence and long kicking game are what keeps him around. He needs to start thinking more like a ball player though, like when he runs from dummy half, engage the defence and pass to the halfback, thus creating space starting with him, not Wallace or Norman.

I think Macca just needs to work on engaging the defence more than he currently does. IMO it's what separates the Smith and Farrah from the rest.

The only thing wrong in McCullough's game is his play close to the line. He picked up way too many bad habits in NYC when he first became a hooker and he's slowly but surely breaking out of them.

Maybe I've got kool-aid vision but outside of that, McCullough practically does everything else well. His service is fine, he stopped trying his bad Cam Smith impression and gives the ball to his markers, constantly gets going over the advantage line and constantly gets us a good roll on.

In fact, individually McCullough would actually stand out much more individually if it wasn't for Justin Hodges. Everytime Macca helps create fast play the balls, Hodges is always there to pick it up on the 4th and make 10-15 metres. If Hodges just stayed at his centre and let Macca weave his magic on that play, I'd be very interested to see what kind of impact that would on not only his game but the Broncos.

Macca is a good player who defends well but isn't special in any way. His only real problem though is that he plays in such an awful spine that the fact he isn't Cam Smith seems to be an issue.

If macca keeps improving on what he already does very well, he will be qld's next hooker after smith, no questions. Really can't understand the macca hate

If macca keeps improving on what he already does very well, he will be qld's next hooker after smith, no questions. Really can't understand the macca hate

Well what other QLD hookers are there?

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Dexter
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • heartly87
  • john1420
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • marw
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.