Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Matt Ballin, Nathan Friend, Jake Friend, James Segeyaro, Matt Srama, Kurt Baptiste, Joel Romelo, Travis Waddell, Anthony Mitchell, Kevin Kingston.

Matt Ballin, Nathan Friend, Jake Friend, James Segeyaro, Matt Srama, Kurt Baptiste, Joel Romelo, Travis Waddell, Anthony Mitchell, Kevin Kingston.

Thanks Pete :)

Matt Balin, Friend and Kingston will retire the same time as Smith. Baptise isn't playing first grade, Romelo is just a bench hooker.

So if we're being serious the only real contenders (as of now) when Smith retires would be Srama, McCullough, Friend and perhaps either Segeyaro or Mitchell.

I'm not being an ass but McCullough being the next in line after Smith doesn't mean all that much because there isn't any real hot competition there. I also don't think he's a sure thing, Friend and Srama are also very talented as well.

Still though I like McCullough and hope he can become one of the best in the game in the next couple of years. He's one our best players now and is one a few players in our team who has a guaranteed spot.

Last edited:
Ballin, Friend & Kingston may all retire the same time Smith does but because Baptiste and Romelo aren't setting the world on fire at the moment they won't be in contention by the time the others retire?

Ballin, Friend & Kingston may all retire the same time Smith does but because Baptiste and Romelo aren't setting the world on fire at the moment they won't be in contention by the time the others retire?

Well unless Baptise finds another club I can't see him cracking first grade on a regular basis. Romelo will keep his 10 or so minutes a game unless Ennis goes elsewhere or he Romelo finds another club. Who knows, we're speaking 3-6 years in the future, McCullough is no sure thing unless he keeps improving which I hope he does.

Agreed .....McCullough is no sure thing to take over from Cam Smith

Be interesting to see how James Segeyaro pans out.

He's left the Cowboys for 2013 ..yeah?

Yep, off to the Panthers.

I obviously watch a different Andrew McCullough play

He's a good player. He's improving. But he's way off origin standard at this stage.

LOL! He's on standby for Cam Smith for this weekend's test...

You haven't heard the latest? Smith is out, they are going with Granville based on form

He's a good player. He's improving. But he's way off origin standard at this stage.

To be fair, he's probably up to NSW Origin standard. Just not QLD Origin standard :)

Sources telling me Josh Renoylds from the Bulldogs might be let go due to salary cap pressures.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • john1420
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • heartly87
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.