Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
So we have signed, Joe Bond, Jake Granville, Chris Mclean and Luke Capewell got another year. All quality recruits who will lead the Broncos to their next premiership.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
So we have signed, Joe Bond, Jake Granville, Chris Mclean and Luke Capewell got another year. All quality recruits who will lead the Broncos to their next premiership.

All players we would have signed regardless of whether we recruited talent or not.

Time to change the record.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
All players we would have signed regardless of whether we recruited talent or not.

Time to change the record.

Agreed. In fact it's time to cheer up, things aren't as bad as most are making out. The doom and gloom stuff is getting boring

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
I keep getting this feeling that the club will announce a big signing during the off season

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I keep getting this feeling that the club will announce a big signing during the off season

Yeah I hear ya. Plenty of QLD cup players to choose from as well

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I actually think your right. I had this same feeling before the inglis and falou signings. And I reckon it will happen like the Kearney signing did, just out of the blue. I reckon we won't hear any rumours or anything, just wake up one morning to the news _____ ________ has signed with the Brisbane broncos

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I actually think your right. I had this same feeling before the inglis and falou signings. And I reckon it will happen like the Kearney signing did, just out of the blue. I reckon we won't hear any rumours or anything, just wake up one morning to the news _____ ________ has signed with the Brisbane broncos

That's what I'm thinking will happen too.
Here's hoping it's either Thurston or SJ :D

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Don't know who that could possibly be given seemingly everyone worth pursuing is off the market atm ... Its to the point now where I hope the broncos just sit tight for 2013 because it appears that half the NRL is off contract at the end of next season, so that would present much better opportunities for the broncos to get their recruitment spot on.

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
Is it still a case with the salary cap where what you don't spend in one year is allowed to be used the following year?

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
I remember hearing that Brian smith used to do it at clubs he would go to. Sack players and don't resign many and then in a year go on a buying spree with salary cap leftovers from the previous year. I could be delusional though #fullstop#

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Daly Cherry-Evans was having lunch with Andrew Gee this week #ellipsis#

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Daly Cherry-Evans was having lunch with Andrew Gee this week #ellipsis#

Gee was probably reassuring him that Manly needs him far more than the Broncos do and that his future lay at brookvale ... :handshake:

Infact, 'Gee Gee' probably cut the meeting short so he could dot the i's and cross the t's on the Jake Granville coup :001_tt2:

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our big signing was Stephen Kearney. How exciting. :crying:

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
So which team are you gonna start supporting next year instead of the broncs Beads???

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Is it still a case with the salary cap where what you don't spend in one year is allowed to be used the following year?

No but you can front-end and back-end contracts, the Dragons were pretty crafty with this when Gasnier retired before his full amount counted towards the cap.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Not sure it ever was.

Yeah it is. You can pay the more trusted players in the squad a major portion of their salary this year and as such have more salary cap space in the following years after that. E.G. We signed Hodges for $1m over 3 years, we pay him 2 years worth next year and the follow two years half a years salary each year effectively freeing up a few hundred k to spend elsewhere.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Boss
  • Battler
  • Inknition
  • Organix
  • Santa
  • Spooky1013
  • Volvo Driver
  • Allo
  • Dexter
  • BroncoFan94
  • Sproj
  • barker
  • The Don
  • Morkel
  • eazy-duzzit
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dash
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.