Player Movements and Rumours 2012

How much time are we really willing to give him though? If he doesn't improve quite a bit next season, we really need to go for someone else.
Just imagine how many great players the game would have missed out on if they were just relegated to the scrap heap after their rookie season for not playing like seasoned superstars. Hes a rookie half and he played like it, not to mention the added pressure of replacing the clubs greatest and one of the games greatest players in a team where a good half of the squad is out of form for half the season. It's too easy to blame Norman, out of that squad he had the most excuse for being inconsistent.

If he can stop blowing 3 on 1 overlaps by going himself it would be a good start

Apparently he strays too far from the team structure as well.

Bit of a tangent.. but I'd like to see a halves combo of 6. Wallace 7. Hunt given a shot. Remembering back to his U20s days, I think Hunt has got enough creativity in him, provided he's given a decent shot at the role of course. And Wallace can use his long passing game to get the ball to the backs when they need it.

Baptiste can play off the bench, give the team a quicker dummy half runner.

Easy. :P

Unfortunately I can only see Norman being another Sutton or Anasta. He'll eventually find a spot in the back row and will actually be pretty good there.

For me at least, I believe Norman has had nowhere near enough chance to prove his worth. I think two years should pass before he can be ruled out. He is a kid and I know at his age I had nothing like the weight on my shoulders that he carried this year. Injury and expectation have mass, weight and for a young bloke it must have been a burden. I thought he looked like a roo in the headlights at times and I felt sorry for him. I'm giving him time but understand if others don't feel that way.

He's flakey and has been even in NYC, is a massive ball hog and goes missing when the going gets rough.

Most 'rookies' tend to at least show some character in their first 46 games, Norman has displayed very little for mine.

Everyone seems to forget he'd already played 21 games prior to this season, for mine, 2013 is last chance saloon as far as Norman and the Broncos are concerned.

Unfortunately I can only see Norman being another Sutton or Anasta. He'll eventually find a spot in the back row and will actually be pretty good there.

Jesus, I would LOVE if he turned out like one of those guys. Either of them would be the missing link we need.

I honestly don't get what you see about Anasta m1c.

Has always been a poor man's Fittler in my eyes.

I can sort of see it in Sutton but he lacks a lot of heart.

He's certainly no Fittler, however he's a well above average first grade half who has consistently performed for a decade now. He's been a great servant for the 'Dogs and Chooks. He probably found his ceiling at Origin level, however not ever club can have a SOO half (there are only 4 after all). Certainly nothing to sneeze at. His on-field leadership has been a real hallmark of his game over the last few seasons IMO.

Agreed on Sutton - super flakey. However I think he's really struggled without a number 7 who can carry most of the responsibility (Sandow LOLZ). He's a traditional 6 who is at his best when he can pick and choose when to inject himself. I love watching him with the ball in hand, he's so deceptive and there's so few who can play at or in the line like he does. I never fully appreciated his skill until I saw him live and was able to view everything in context. The way he does it reminds me of Jason Smith.

It's not Norman's heart that even worries me, it's his brain. He makes horrible decisions. He has no instinct at all. Even Brett Seymour showed better decision making in his rookie year

Agreed - Norman lacks the vision of a playmaker and I'm not sure that's something he can ever really learn.

Ben Hunt on the other hand has very good vision. The problem is his execution is so horrible at times.

Agreed - Norman lacks the vision of a playmaker and I'm not sure that's something he can ever really learn.

Ben Hunt on the other hand has very good vision. The problem is his execution is so horrible at times.

Hunt has a decent kicking game but has a really bad kick in him. Usually his first kick of the match. Seems a bit nervous early in games. I still think Hunt should be given the 7 to show us what he has got. He has a good connection with Macca and is a scheming halfback who has some creativity.

All this talk sounds like they are going to go with Norman again in 2013? say it isn't so!!! We are doomed.

Hunts execution probably comes down to pressure he's putting on himself to impress in the 5 mins he gets on the field

Hunts execution probably comes down to pressure he's putting on himself to impress in the 5 mins he gets on the field

^^^ This.

I'd love to see how he'd go if he got given 20 straight games in the halves like Norman got. I'm almost certain you'd see improvement, not deterioration.

I honestly don't get what you see about Anasta m1c.

Has always been a poor man's Fittler in my eyes.

I second that .. guy was top of the pops a few years ago on the dreaded 'most overrated player' poll .. looked like a promising five eighth in his first year or two but has become more and more 'wooden' ever since .. he seems to be in complete denial about his lack of suitability in the halves too - kicks up a stink whenever he's selected in the backrow and inevitably gets his way and is moved back to #6.

Comes across as a real tryer and a decent team guy but he shouldn't be considered as a 5/8 anymore ...

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Skyblues87
  • Dash
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Spooky1013
  • MrMoore
  • Big Del
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • theshed
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.