Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
220K would be my guess.

Donny said:
Anybody got a rough idea on how much Sim's is on? I heard he is on a very good salary! Firday night Rabbit's was saying Sims was leaving the Broncos! Doesnt suprise me at all!!

I thought I read at the time of his signing that his contract was worth $220K per year. Again, that's what was reported, which doesn't make it 100% truth.

Coxy said:
Donny said:
Anybody got a rough idea on how much Sim's is on? I heard he is on a very good salary! Firday night Rabbit's was saying Sims was leaving the Broncos! Doesnt suprise me at all!!

I thought I read at the time of his signing that his contract was worth $220K per year. Again, that's what was reported, which doesn't make it 100% truth.

Well thats 220k that could be better spent IMO!! Lets use that money to secure more of our juniors or go after a quality centre!!!!

Donny said:
Coxy said:
Donny said:

Well thats 220k that could be better spent IMO!! Lets use that money to secure more of our juniors or go after a quality centre!!!!

We don't often agree mate, but I'm with ya 1000% on this!

nopatience101 said:
Versatility behind signing of Tariq Sims
JOSH ALSTON
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/ar ... sport.html
THE Cowboys' recruitment drive has snared another promising young player with Broncos forward Tariq Sims signing for North Queensland for the next two seasons.
The younger brother of NRL regular Ashton has been one of the leading lights in the Brisbane under-20s side and has also been training regularly with the first-grade squad.
Standing at more than 190cm, able to play in either the front or back row and boasting a motor that can churn out 70-80 minutes on a regular basis, his ability to play was unquestionable.
But according to Cowboys recruitment manager Adrian "Happy" Thompson, it was his attributes as a bloke that most impressed the club.
"He's a very good lad with very good character, he has the attitude and the will to succeed," Thompson said.
"He's obviously been going well in the 20s and he's been 18th man a number of times for the Broncos in firsts.
"We're impressed with his versatility at prop, he has good leg speed and a good workrate.
"He also plays close to 80 minutes up front which makes for pretty impressive stats."
Sims is the first of many signings likely to be announced in the coming weeks, with the Cowboys in the midst of a major clean-out following three successive years without finals football.
In the forwards, the club has already lost Antonio Kaufusi and Manase Manuokafoa (both released) as well as Steve Rapira (Warriors).
Steve Southern, Clint Amos and Carl Webb are also extremely unlikely to be offered new deals while hooker Anthony Watts will depart for the Sydney Roosters at season's end.
Mitchell Achurch, Isaak Ah Mau, Nick Slyney and Dane Hogan are also off contract while the club is fighting to nut out new deals for Willie Mason and Luke O'Donnell.
Grant Rovelli and John Williams are two off-contract backs fighting for new deals while it is understood Ty Williams, Don Malone and Obe Geia will almost definitely move on at season's end.
That leaves the Cowboys' recruiters a major job to rebuild the roster and talks are continuing with high-profile players in Sydney.

Heard it there first, Je$ter :P

Or do you mean you broke the rumour earlier?

Coxy said:
nopatience101 said:
Versatility behind signing of Tariq Sims
JOSH ALSTON
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/ar ... sport.html
THE Cowboys' recruitment drive has snared another promising young player with Broncos forward Tariq Sims signing for North Queensland for the next two seasons.
The younger brother of NRL regular Ashton has been one of the leading lights in the Brisbane under-20s side and has also been training regularly with the first-grade squad.
Standing at more than 190cm, able to play in either the front or back row and boasting a motor that can churn out 70-80 minutes on a regular basis, his ability to play was unquestionable.
But according to Cowboys recruitment manager Adrian "Happy" Thompson, it was his attributes as a bloke that most impressed the club.
"He's a very good lad with very good character, he has the attitude and the will to succeed," Thompson said.
"He's obviously been going well in the 20s and he's been 18th man a number of times for the Broncos in firsts.
"We're impressed with his versatility at prop, he has good leg speed and a good workrate.
"He also plays close to 80 minutes up front which makes for pretty impressive stats."
Sims is the first of many signings likely to be announced in the coming weeks, with the Cowboys in the midst of a major clean-out following three successive years without finals football.
In the forwards, the club has already lost Antonio Kaufusi and Manase Manuokafoa (both released) as well as Steve Rapira (Warriors).
Steve Southern, Clint Amos and Carl Webb are also extremely unlikely to be offered new deals while hooker Anthony Watts will depart for the Sydney Roosters at season's end.
Mitchell Achurch, Isaak Ah Mau, Nick Slyney and Dane Hogan are also off contract while the club is fighting to nut out new deals for Willie Mason and Luke O'Donnell.
Grant Rovelli and John Williams are two off-contract backs fighting for new deals while it is understood Ty Williams, Don Malone and Obe Geia will almost definitely move on at season's end.
That leaves the Cowboys' recruiters a major job to rebuild the roster and talks are continuing with high-profile players in Sydney.

Heard it there first, Je$ter :P

Or do you mean you broke the rumour earlier?

http://www.broncoshq.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4196&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1980#p255424

Yep, remember you saying that. Hence the article nopatience posted came as no surprise.

Massive loss. This kid was the best of all our young props IMO. Here's hoping we can hold onto Korbin who is meant to be even better.

m1c said:
Massive loss. This kid was the best of all our young props IMO. Here's hoping we can hold onto Korbin who is meant to be even better.
But I thought you just said Tariq is meant to be the best of our young props but than you said I hope we can hold onto Korbin as he is meant to be even better???

I thought that implied that I haven't seen much of Korbin so the only opinion I have of him is what I hear on the grapevine.. hence the 'is meant to be better'.

However I have seen a bit of our other youngsters - as I'm sure many of us have - and out of Dodds, Clayton, McGuire, Hala etc. and my informed opinion is that Tariq is the pick of the bunch.

I've been watching the U20's the past few weeks when they've been televised, and Tariq Sims has been playing exceptional. I'm quite baffled as to why the Broncos would let him go, he is in a class of his own in the u20's.

Much better prospect then Hala, McGuire, Clayton, Dodds etc. He is a giant of a kid.

Big loss.

The problem is that with Kenny, Tronc, Hannant, McGuire, Dodds, Hala, Ahern and Clayton, our current depth in the forward ranks is formidable, and it probably would be foolish to cover the Cows offer.

While I agree that Tarik has been outstanding in the U20's, it doesn't mean he would kill it in the NRL, especially when I remember how good McGuire was in the first Toyota cup year!

Footy show last night said Jennings was almost certain to sign a five year deal with Panthers. That leave's Ingliss as the only "quality" centre that could possibly be on the market next year. The way Slater has been playing, along with the combination of Smith and Cronk you would assume would mean Good Bye Ingliss. NRL have already said they will not let the Storm keep all four players so lets hope Ingliss wants to become a Bronco!!!!

Inglis will be a Bomber next season

Did the article not say that he is "allegedly" going to approach Bellamy for a release on compassionate grounds? Wouldn't that mean he would be a bronco this year???

SSS said:
Did the article not say that he is "allegedly" going to approach Bellamy for a release on compassionate grounds? Wouldn't that mean he would be a bronco this year???

Nah, as far as I know he's just asking for a release for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • teampjta
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • The Don
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Astro
  • NSW stables
  • Stix
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.