Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I think it is a very smart play. Lets him know that we won't bend over for him and if wants to move, it will be on our terms, not his. Plus I wouldn't want them to spend much more than 400-450k for him in any event.

How many hit ups would he make before subbing off tho?

Imagine getting tackled by him!

We should send him Hayne's way.

feetpopping1.jpg

Browny said:
How many hit ups would he make before subbing off tho?
Only a few but I reckon he would injure twice as many people than the amount of hitups he would make. [icon_razz1

Part of his contract would be a Sizzler membership. He would do some damage in defence but would be a liability when he got tired in 5mins

LOL. If he's good enough to get a college contract in the USA then I seriously doubt he has fitness issues. Give the bloke some credit. Anyone who has watched NFL would know the workload of a defensive lineman. He'd make more hit ups than Dodd does!

They tend to know what they're doing over there. Congratulations to him.

Why would you take up a league contract when you're being looked at by colleges in the states, they obviously think he's good and if he does his time there and makes the nfl he would be on way more than he would ever earn in league! He is huge though it's crazy!

Clintos said:
LOL. If he's good enough to get a college contract in the USA then I seriously doubt he has fitness issues. Give the bloke some credit. Anyone who has watched NFL would know the workload of a defensive lineman. He'd make more hit ups than Dodd does!

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Not necessarily doubting his fitness, but he's used to doing what he does then have a 30 second break between plays.

He'd fucking die in league.

Coxy said:
Clintos said:

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Not necessarily doubting his fitness, but he's used to doing what he does then have a 30 second break between plays.

He'd **** die in league.

You did doubt his fitness. You said he could only do half a hit up. A downplay obviously, but still.

I'm not saying he'd have Nathan Hindmarsh fitness level or work ethic, and at his weight it's unlikely that he could play big minutes, but the fitness level you suggest is ridiculous. Weyman, Rose etc all have breaks after 20 mins anyway, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. I don't care what people think. Anyone that size is going to have decent impact value regardless.

Your facts aren't right anyway. There isn't always a 30 second break between plays. If he played offensive line, then maybe, but he doesn't. His workrate would be at the discretion of the offense he is defending.

Of course, this is all irrelevant anyway since it is a hypothetical, but give credit where credit is due.

Again with the pffft I'm afraid. I have absolutely no admiration for any american footballer. They spend all their time in the gym so they can run where they're programmed to run, hit who they're programmed to hit.

It's the worst sport in the world.

Theres a reason why there are no 150kg boppers running around in the NRL Clintos... He would die at his current weight.

Coxy said:
Again with the pffft I'm afraid. I have absolutely no admiration for any american footballer. They spend all their time in the gym so they can run where they're programmed to run, hit who they're programmed to hit.

agreed. Such a shit "sport". Sport to me implies some sort of athleticism, and when u have a bloke in the team that will never touch the ball with his hands or guys that are actually overweight getting big contracts, it's just a joke. And take off the armour u big pussies!!!!

Give me gridiron over AFL or soccer or even union any day.

After all this is the sport that spawned the Lingerie Football League.

All NFL players have athletisicm just they have different types depending on the role they play, I like the way NFL is so structured because of the skill it takes to have everyone play their role correctly to have a play come off and conversely to defend a well executed play. The overweight guys are also incredibly strong, they block guys for a living they protect the QB which is vital to the game. They wear armour because they literally destroy eachother, if they didn't the game would be ruined by even more injuries.

Coxy said:

Whilst I acknowledge that you don't respect gridiron players' athletic ability, the work they do is much more than an NRL player in terms of technical training regimes.

As you clearly have no idea what you are talking about with the NFL, and we're getting off topic, I'm just going to leave the discussion here.

Good luck to the lad overseas and bring on a new prop for the Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • davidp
  • Dony Eliakim
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Dash
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.