Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coxy said:
SSS said:
Did the article not say that he is "allegedly" going to approach Bellamy for a release on compassionate grounds? Wouldn't that mean he would be a bronco this year???

Nah, as far as I know he's just asking for a release for next year.

besides the deadline for mid season signings has passed

Really can't say I'm all that disappointed about the Broncos missing out on Inglis .. About two months ago I would've been livid but its since become pretty clear that the club has a very exciting 5+ years awaiting if it can simply play its cards right at the contract table with the players it currently has.

Still think a bit of reinforcement via some mature bodies in the forwards would be a plus and with Andrew Gee steering the ship in that regard I have far more faith in the club getting its recruiting right from this point on.

But the bottom line is, let Inglis and his demands for 650k+ per year be some other club's problem. I sure as heck wouldn't be spending that much on a centre, especially one who, for all his brilliance, tends to pick and choose when he fires up nowadays.

We should just go for Justin O'Neill or Dane Nielsen. Is there any other top class centres on the market? Or we could stick with the youth policy and go with Copley or Beale in the centres, I just hope if we do that Beale learns to defend properly we don't need another Michaels in the centres.

The only other player I would like to go for if we don't get Inglis is Ferguson otherwise our juniors will do the job just fine.

Michael Gordon is also still off contract I believe. I wouldn't mind him on the wing.

Coxy said:
Michael Gordon is also still off contract I believe. I wouldn't mind him on the wing.
Yeah definitely but apparently Penrith all but signed him now. He's very underrated. good defence, handy with the ball and arguably the best goal kicker in the game.
Who does he replace though, Yow Yeh or Kemp?

I think if he signs Kemp won't see first grade for a long time.

broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
Yeah definitely but apparently Penrith all but signed him now. He's very underrated. good defence, handy with the ball and arguably the best goal kicker in the game.
Who does he replace though, Yow Yeh or Kemp?

I think if he signs Kemp won't see first grade for a long time.

AFAIK Kemp hasn't been re-signed yet.

He'd be a casualty of signing Inglis too.

Pretty sure Kemp has re-signed for next season, was mentioned in one fo the articles on Broncos.com.au

If, as the article suggests, that Inglis will stay in Melbourne and he's knocked back an 'attractive' offer from Brisbane I don't see how Melbourne can afford him.

I wonder if this is a negotiation tactic, remember they did the same thing with Hannant

sorry flutter I realised after I posted and read a bit further that there was another thread

PETERN said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27398310-5018866,00.html - Apparently the Broncos offered 400k for Inglis, meaning we still have a fair bit of salary cap space remaining..

Yep, and as I speculated in the thread in General Talk, I suspect the release of the audit tomorrow will have huge ramifications NRL wide.

So many players are still yet to be signed for next year because clubs are keeping some of their cash available to recruit some of the Storm big stars if the NRL forces them to.

I think the Broncos have been smart here. Make an offer, take it or leave it. He's left it, but as you say, it's shown the Broncos have a fair bit of cash to spend so if a club has to give up a "Blue chip" player to pull out all stops to sign an Inglis or a Slater or a Smith, then the Broncos are in a position to grab them.

And haven't totally shut the door if Inglis does decide to leave afterall and is willing to take the $400K...

Coxy said:
PETERN said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27398310-5018866,00.html - Apparently the Broncos offered 400k for Inglis, meaning we still have a fair bit of salary cap space remaining..

Yep, and as I speculated in the thread in General Talk, I suspect the release of the audit tomorrow will have huge ramifications NRL wide.

So many players are still yet to be signed for next year because clubs are keeping some of their cash available to recruit some of the Storm big stars if the NRL forces them to.

I think the Broncos have been smart here. Make an offer, take it or leave it. He's left it, but as you say, it's shown the Broncos have a fair bit of cash to spend so if a club has to give up a "Blue chip" player to pull out all stops to sign an Inglis or a Slater or a Smith, then the Broncos are in a position to grab them.

And haven't totally shut the door if Inglis does decide to leave afterall and is willing to take the $400K...

+1

I would rather we just sit back. Now most player and player managers know we have 400k+ spare. Inglis was the one who came to us apparantely. If he really wants to leave Melbourne then he will come back. If not then somebody else may pop up. Definately cant blame the broncos for refusing to pay any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.