Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Hannant is still young and a real talent but I think having Petro, Hannant, Kenny, Anderson and possibly Tronc in our sqaud won't really give the young blokes a chance so we will most likely lose some of them I have no doubt.

Lui has shown more potential in his one game then the 15 or so games McGuire has played in. He has not lived up to his nickname that's for sure.

Hopefully the Broncos don't pay overs for either Hannant or Petero... after doing all the hard work in 2010 blooding players it would be a terrible shame to lose too many to fit in either of those two... that said another quality prop alongside the hard working Kenny is a must... Anderson has shown glimpses of potential, but Thaiday definitely needs some help leading the pack...

Hopefully the potential recruitment of Hannant and Petero indicates that Setu and Simms are on their way out. Setu because he is a liability in defense and Simms because he is obviously not in Henjak's plans and he is a fairly expensive Q Cup player for us...

WOW, Petro, Hannant, Anderson, Kenny, Tronc, who misses out??

broncospwn said:
WOW, Petro, Hannant, Anderson, Kenny, Tronc, who misses out??
WOW misses out... [icon_razz1

as i said before tronc will have to earn a contract for next year, hes only signed for the rest of the season...

I hope we keep Sims as i reckon he'll mature into a great frontrower.

If we get both Civo and Hannant, and Tronc shows any sign of form I think you can wave bye bye to Sims and Setu.

lynx000 said:
If we get both Civo and Hannant, and Tronc shows any sign of form I think you can wave bye bye to Sims and Setu.

Definitely, I hope we don't get Hannant personally, unless of course Tronc turns out to suck big time.

Instead of going for Petero & Hannant, I think we should go for Petero & Tolman.

Tolman is an absolute machine, should be a bit cheaper than Hannant as well & doesn't come with the hannant 'im gonna leave brisbane for the 3rd time' attitude

The Rock said:
ethos said:
I'd still classify Hannant as young talent, he's only 25 and has a lot of time left

As Beads sort of said, the real issue is having both Tronc and Civoniceva in the same side - our front row would be too slow with those two together. Civ and Hannant would be perfect though, with Kenny on the bench and let Lui, Dodds, McGuire, Te'o, Sims, Setu, etc fight it out for the other spots on the bench and watch the cream rise to the top. :mrgreen:

Front row too slow? You mean not mobile enough? We have enough mobility in our forwards, we don't need mobility in the front row, we just need some power and some exeprience.

I think he means something along the lines of slower play the balls, slower around the ruck, slower in the defensive line, etc. It's a good point actually.

The Rock said:
ningnangnong said:
[quote="The Rock":2753m8ud]
ethos said:
I'd still classify Hannant as young talent, he's only 25 and has a lot of time left

As Beads sort of said, the real issue is having both Tronc and Civoniceva in the same side - our front row would be too slow with those two together. Civ and Hannant would be perfect though, with Kenny on the bench and let Lui, Dodds, McGuire, Te'o, Sims, Setu, etc fight it out for the other spots on the bench and watch the cream rise to the top. :mrgreen:

Front row too slow? You mean not mobile enough? We have enough mobility in our forwards, we don't need mobility in the front row, we just need some power and some exeprience.

I think he means something along the lines of slower play the balls, slower around the ruck, slower in the defensive line, etc. It's a good point actually.

Ah, but if you can make 10 metres on every hit up, having a slow play the ball due to your size, isn't really going to impact the team all that much if you can get big consistant metres like that. It would be the equivelent of Sam Thaiday making 6-7 metres and getting a fast play the ball.

For example, If you make a good 10 metres on a hit up, the defence is likely to be still receding while you're playing the ball, so a slow play the ball won't be much of an issue. The Cowboys and Panthers certaintly havn't had much of a problem with this in the years that Tronc and Petero has been playing for their respective teams.

Also, every player has a weakness somewhere, and if Civo and Tronc's only weakness is that they are a bit slow round the ruck defensivly or their play the ball aren't fast enough, then I'm pretty happy with that provided they can eat some metres.

So suggest that haivng Tronc and Petero in the same side is an "issue" sounds a little strange to me.[/quote:2753m8ud]

I don't think it would be possibly for Petro and Tronc to play the ball slower than the current pack of jokers we have at the club.. A crippled kid could play the ball quicker. [icon_shru

Ok, so by slow I meant slower around the ruck, in terms of defence specifically. I've got no problems at all with their metre gaining ability with the ball.

Ruck defence is our achilles heel as it is and I think having Tronc and Civoniceva in the same side, and on the field at the same time, would be a concern - they'd get found out by some of the better dummy halves in the competition.

Mind you, still really looking forward to seeing what Tronc's got this season and (hopefully) Civoniceva next year. But in a perfect world I wouldn't have them in the same team, especially if we can secure Hannant.

I think the thing to remember with petero, it is just a swansong for him, one year then he'll go to forwards coach, if simsy won't wait one more year, good luck to him, and the other props, Lui, Dodds, McGuire are far from being starting forwards such that Petero won't knock them out of the club timeframe wise

Anderson, Sims & Setu to be punted next year.
these 3 players are the more senior of the squad yet the have shown absolutely nothing.

Until Cullen goes, out recruitment will continue to be a joke.

Prince Langer said:
Anderson, Sims & Setu to be punted next year.
these 3 players are the more senior of the squad yet the have shown absolutely nothing.

Until Cullen goes, out recruitment will continue to be a joke.

Bit unfair to group Anderson with them. He has played only a few rounds with us and hasn't looked too bad so far IMO.

However Setu and Sims are just ordinary players with occasional flashes of brilliance. And "brilliance" is being generous, it's moreso them not playing too badly and not screwing up for a prolonged period of time.

Coxy said:
BHQ is unfair on Scott Anderson IMO.

+1 His a solid player with abit of flair once in awhile. let him find his feet in Brisbane colours first.

His come from Melbourne where everything they do is by the a book to Brisbane where the plays are "on the fly"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.