Player Movements / Rumours 2011/2012

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
but they aren't creatively inept because of the lack of ball playing backrowers or offloads.

You make it sound like they have lots of ball playing backrowers though. Outside of Graham they have exactly zero ball playing backrowers.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Gallen and Tupou both have some very handy ball skills.

Sure, Lewis is better than them in that department but it's not like they're lacking as much as you say they are.

Particularly with Wade there. He's arguably the form ball player of the comp. at the moment.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Gallen and Tupou both have some very handy ball skills.

Sure, Lewis is better than them in that department but it's not like they're lacking as much as you say they are.

Particularly with Wade there. He's arguably the form ball player of the comp. at the moment.

They aren't lacking in backrow ball players, but in general creativity they really are lacking. Now you take a guy with decent skills and super toughness like Gallen and stick him at prop. Now you have Gallen in the front row and Lewis and Graham three in either side with Gordon in support and Carney about. This move strengthens their middle third creativity and opens up a new third for them to actually do something in. Not saying they will win a premiership or anything but I think it's a great move on their part.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I think Lewis could easily still play in the backs too if needed.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Actually I believe it weakens their middle third as they're moving on one of the best middle third players in J. Smith to acquire Lewis.

Lewis is strong on the fringes, but Graham is already filling that role nicely and could be even better than Lewis.

I just think they would have been better off looking to address their weaknesses instead of (potentially) boosting a strength.

I'm Big Pete, Brisbane.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think their backs are that big of a weakness. They signed Gordon, Gardner is coming back from injury too. Stapleton is a very promising winger, Pomeroy is a solid centre, and they've got decent depth with Wright, Isaac Gordon, Mills etc.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
1.Gardner
2.Stapleton/Mills
3.M.Gordon
4.Pomeroy/Best
5.Wright/I.Gordon
6.Carney
7.Robson
8.Gibbs
9.De Gois
10.Gallen
11.Lewis
12.Bukuya
13.Graham

14.Morris
15.Ross
16.Fifita
17.Tupou/Frizzell/Peachey

IMO That is easily a top 4 side. The more I look at it the better it looks. Lewis is a huge positive and he brings more in attack by a long way and is an aggressive defender without the niggle that Jeremy Smith brings. Sure they are lacking in a big weapon in the three-quarter line but they will absolutely grind teams to death with that pack of forwards.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Ordinarily I'd agree with that, but Zillman is in great form right now, and Hoffman is awful at the moment.

2 good games doesn't make him any good.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah well I read it wrong. Still wouldn't swap Hoffman for Zillman though.

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
He will go to the Storm I reckon

Unread

Active Now

• scobie
  • Astro
  • bazza
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Manlyman
  • Galah
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.