I read it that way too broncospwn.

1. Offer $600K over 3 years
2. Team sucked, so offer withdrawn
3. New 1 year deal offered for much less
4. Deal extended to 2 years, still less money
5. Offer rejected
6. Club baffled

LOLZ
I get that, but to blatantly say no and move out of the club, is a bit of a gamble. Unless there is a nice cushion to fall back on...

True, although with the soon-to-be dominant Griffin method of playing 13 back rowers, there'll be plenty of opportunities ;-)

LOL. Gidley doesn't strike me as a genius.

If my worked offered me 80k, then pulled the offer and offered me 50k I'd tell them where to stick it too... Lol.

True, although with the soon-to-be dominant Griffin method of playing 13 back rowers, there'll be plenty of opportunities ;-)

Hahahaha, a few more injuries and we'll have Gillett at fullback.

It says he rejected the initial offer though. It was only pulled after the bad start to the season, which has to be over 5 months after it was originally offered.

I get that, but to blatantly say no and move out of the club, is a bit of a gamble. Unless there is a nice cushion to fall back on...

Well if Zillman can get a 5 year contract then I'm sure he'll be fine.

Possibly getting poor advice from his manager. He is not that good yet, definite potential though. 200k was a pretty good deal.

James Roberts signed with Penrith for 2 years

Been very busy Penrith, that's their 8th signing. I'm sure the losses of Gordon and Lewis had something to do with it but gee, you'd like to think they won't be too busy in the player market next season because it's going to take awhile to build these combinations.

Good signing, Gus signed a lot of vets. who would just be grateful for the opportunity to set an example for players like Roberts so hopefully he can get his s**t together because there's no doubt he has the talent to do some exciting things in first grade.

I find it funny. Gould has signed basically all of our talented NYC players, most were released for off field issues. He signed Junior Vaivai after being released for assaulting his girlfriend, rumour is Kane Morgan did the same and now James Roberts.

Wouldn't surprise me if they signed Adrian Ha'angana next.

They also signed Josh Mansour and Matt Mundine for this season. Josh Mansour has proved my predictions from a few years ago and he will go on to great success in the NRL if he can stay injury free. I would so love to see a fully fit Vaivai inside Mansour with Roberts at fullback.

James Roberts needs a good kick up the ass and hopefully he doesn't become another Yileen Gordan. So much talent and potential but couldn't keep his nose clean and wasted a great chance that so many players wish they had. I can still remember that 110 metre try in NYC semi's a few year ago.

I do wish him all the best though and hope he can get his off field issues sorted.

Matt Mundine - where's he been? If he can lay off the pies he's the second coming of Mateo.

Matt Mundine - where's he been? If he can lay off the pies he's the second coming of Mateo.

Playing for Windsor Wolves. He was a big boy when we first signed him but he did trim down at the end of his time with us and with the Bears. He has so much talent with the ball and his size is probably more genetic than anything and why teams are scared to give him a real first grade shot.

The storm have signed Junior Moors from the tigers and Lagi Setu. You watch Lagi Setu be a gun next year.

The storm have signed Junior Moors from the tigers and Lagi Setu. You watch Lagi Setu be a gun next year.

I'm going to guess he'll put on one big hit every four games and go missing in every other game like he did at the broncos

Agreed with Meat, but geez I thought he was starting to put together some good performances back to back, then Henjak dropped him. Stick with him when he went ordinary but dropped him when he started to go well!!!

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • marw
  • I bleed Maroon
  • lakers133334
  • Jazza
  • Alec
  • RolledOates
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • Old Mate
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.