Player you would like to see at Broncos the most.

Personally i'd love to see Timana Tahu in a Broncos Jersey. i thought he was one of the Nest centers in the NRL before he switched codes.

also, i was reading in this mornings courier mail that the Storm are prepared to release Antonio Kafusi and have given him permission to negotiate with other clubs. I think he would be a great signing and i think that we should make him an offer. but according top the paper, the Broncos aren't interested because his price tag is out of their reach.

Can someone jog my memory - did Ben Hunt used to play for the Fins??? If he is the same bloke I am thinking of he is sensational...I think he may have dislocated his shoulder or something early last year? Hmmm...

No he didn't.

And I agree bfoord, Tim Tam was imo the best overall centre in the game. Defensivley he was the best outside back in the game and wasn't too far behind Hodges and Gasnier with the ball in hand.

Je$ter said:
No he didn't.

And I agree bfoord, Tim Tam was imo the best overall centre in the game. Defensivley he was the best outside back in the game and wasn't too far behind Hodges and Gasnier with the ball in hand.

Agree - but actually, I'd rate him more dangerous than Gasnier. It would be great to have Tahu. Oh well...

Word from the dragons fans is that Setu is highly likely to be heading up this way???

Kaufusi would be awesome, I reckon he'll be one of the best props in the competition in a few years time. Shame he'll be too pricey. I wanna know where the hell all of our money is going anyways, obviously Folau will be on a fair bit, but that's not the whole friggin cap for 1 player.

Scotty said:
Kaufusi would be awesome, I reckon he'll be one of the best props in the competition in a few years time. Shame he'll be too pricey. I wanna know where the hell all of our money is going anyways, obviously Folau will be on a fair bit, but that's not the whole friggin cap for 1 player.

we don't actually know what Kaufusi would be asking for. he has played origin so he may be asking a far bit.

mrslong said:
Word from the dragons fans is that Setu is highly likely to be heading up this way???

anyone know anything about this guy. what position does he play? is he any good?

bfoord said:
mrslong said:

anyone know anything about this guy. what position does he play? is he any good?
i dunno, i'm hoping people here know...i'll go and suss it out some more. i had a feeling he was a back rower...but i have no idea really eusa_think

SO weird, I picked up Setu and Teo for my fantasy team and now there is talk about them comming up to Brisbane. Weird.

mrslong said:
bfoord said:
mrslong said:

i dunno, i'm hoping people here know...i'll go and suss it out some more. i had a feeling he was a back rower...but i have no idea really eusa_think

info from the Dragons website:

DOB: 25/02/1988
Height (cm): 189 cm
Weight (kg): 100 kg

Position: Back Row
Year Started: 2006
Contract End: 2008
Junior Club: Riverview Rugby Union
Rep Honours: Aus 19, Aus School Boy, QLD 12-19
Career FG Games: 12
Dragons FG Games:12

I wonder why the broncos want to sign more back rowers for. eusa_think

The only reason I can think of the Broncos wanting to sign more backrowers is because they want to move some of our current ones into the front row? I'd be pretty happy with Taylor, Thaiday and Sims moving there. Thaiday needs to toughen up as well.

If we aren't planning on moving some of the players there, and still want to sign players like T'eo and Setu, then I have no idea on how they are thinking of putting them all into the side.

Alec said:
The only reason I can think of the Broncos wanting to sign more backrowers is because they want to move some of our current ones into the front row? I'd be pretty happy with Taylor, Thaiday and Sims moving there. Thaiday needs to toughen up as well.

NO NO NO NO and NO

Thaiday is not a prop

m1c said:
Alec said:

NO NO NO NO and NO

Thaiday is not a prop

Lets see:

1. He has no offloading or any other ball skills. At least not enough to be a backrower.
2. He can't cover enough ground in defence in a short enough time to defend out wide against quality opposition.

He is a prop playing in the backrow IMO. Just because he can be really really soft sometimes, doesn't mean he isn't a prop.

Also due to him just dropping as soon as he hits the defensive line, we might as well make him do that while running up the middle, and have someone who can actually bend the line running at the smaller backs.

Alec said:
1. He has no offloading or any other ball skills. At least not enough to be a backrower.

You are kidding arent you?

Surely you must be?

Alec said:
Also due to him just dropping as soon as he hits the defensive line, we might as well make him do that while running up the middle, and have someone who can actually bend the line running at the smaller backs.

He can't handle the first or 2nd hit up, as you have alluded to. Hence why WB doesnt have him take them.

You do realise you can't go wide unless you get quick play the balls in the middle from your PROPS who BEND the line. So in your ideal world we would have Thaiday doing the hard stuff out the middle, then quick ball out to Hannant on the fringes? You're kidding

The first 2 hitups are crucial for getting your set of 6 under way, have a look at any set where the first or 2nd hit up are dominated... you will be doing well to make 30m.

He is way better in a bit of space where he can use his footwork and BALL SKILLS to position his outside runners.

m1c said:
Alec said:

You are kidding arent you?

Surely you must be?

Alec said:

He can't handle the first or 2nd hit up, as you have alluded to. Hence why WB doesnt have him take them.

You do realise you can't go wide unless you get quick play the balls in the middle from your PROPS who BEND the line. So in your ideal world we would have Thaiday doing the hard stuff out the middle, then quick ball out to Hannant on the fringes? You're kidding

The first 2 hitups are crucial for getting your set of 6 under way, have a look at any set where the first or 2nd hit up are dominated... you will be doing well to make 30m.

He is way better in a bit of space where he can use his footwork and BALL SKILLS to position his outside runners.

He doesn't have the ball skills and the footwork though. He looks that way with us because we don't seem to have anyone else either who can do it, except sometimes from Corey Parker,Greg Eastwood and Tonie Carroll. And if we get T'eo and Setu, we won't need him in the backrow anymore.

And Thaiday has enough size to bend the line up the middle, he just needs to toughen up.

If you think Thaiday has no ball skills or footwork, you have the footballing IQ of a lunchbox. All forwards have a bit of footwork these days so they can avoid what happened to Martin Lang every time he took the ball up.

Thaiday easily has one of the best pair of feet out of all the forwards in the game... SBW the only noticable one above him.

Size isnt everything when it comes to being able to bend the line in the middle, ive seen some big boys who get pushed back every tackle..

As a prop he is no where near any of the elite, but as a backrower he is right up there...

And how do you suppose he "toughen" up?

Unread

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.