Player you would like to see at Broncos the most.

Alec said:
Jebadude said:
Alec said:
Thaiday doesn't offload because he is a prop playing in the backrow....

Thaiday's a backrower who does a damn good job up front as well.

I still think he is a prop. He doesn't have the footwork to be a modern day backrower. He is still good there, but would be better served at prop with someone lighter with better lateral movement in the backrow.

Doesnt have the footwork? haha. He's more agile than anyone in a team, in fact he can do a standing backflip im told.

mal said:
Alec said:
Jebadude said:
Alec said:
Thaiday doesn't offload because he is a prop playing in the backrow....

Thaiday's a backrower who does a damn good job up front as well.

I still think he is a prop. He doesn't have the footwork to be a modern day backrower. He is still good there, but would be better served at prop with someone lighter with better lateral movement in the backrow.

Doesnt have the footwork? haha. He's more agile than anyone in a team, in fact he can do a standing backflip im told.

There is no way he is the most agile player on the team. He is pretty mobile - enough to be a great prop, but not enough to be a great backrower. I can see him playing in the front row next year when Hannant leaves.

Anyway, his lateral movement isn't great at this stage, and backrowers have to cover a lot more ground sideways in defence than front rowers. I wouldn't trust him there in defence in important matches and against dangerous players, even though his tackling technique is fine.

Someone like Stagg, who probably misses a few more tackles than Thaiday would still be more useful there, seeing as he can cover more land in a shorter time.

I like Mateo.....lets just give him some time before we hail him as a great.

With Ennis going and Pj being an over rated dud, I would love to see Cam Smith here. he can get our fowards running onto the ball with pace, he backs up all the time to encourage off loads, kick goals and an a natural leader to take over from Locky.

Chumba said:
With Ennis going and Pj being an over rated dud, I would love to see Cam Smith here. he can get our fowards running onto the ball with pace, he backs up all the time to encourage off loads, kick goals and an a natural leader to take over from Locky.

Dont be surprised if this happens in 2011, a while a way I know but there is always hope!

Mateo for Lockyer when he retires, for sure. But in my dreams.

I was watching the Bulldogs play the Raiders in the U20s this afternoon on fox and I noticed someone that could be a handy replacement for Lockyer.

His name is Ben Barba, this guy is going to be an absolute superstar. Hes scored 19 tries so far this season, he kicks goals and he sets tries up.

I wouldnt mind us having a crack at trying to sign him as he is off contract at the end of next year and is a QLD junior (played for norths devils).

There are some awesome kids running around in the U20's, some of the talent is unbelieveable

That Ben Barba is supposed to be the next JT or something isn't he?

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a potential replacement for Lockyer, and to be perfectly honest, I'd much prefer a Queenslander brought in to replace Lockyer than a New South Welshman :twisted:

Scotty said:
That Ben Barba is supposed to be the next JT or something isn't he?

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a potential replacement for Lockyer, and to be perfectly honest, I'd much prefer a Queenslander brought in to replace Lockyer than a New South Welshman :twisted:

Dont know about the next JT but he is bloody good I will give him that much! He has to have a massive amount of talent to have 19 tries playing at 5/8th [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

He has to be leading tryscorer in the Toyota Cup by 6 or 7 tries now, he is awesome.

Other youngsters I wouldnt mind the club looking at that I have seen from other clubs:

Josh Dugan (raiders)- he was superb in a beaten side today, he is a fullback, much the same mould as K but smaller

Kris Keating (eels)- he has played a number of first grade games this year but has been limited in chances (also a 5/8th)

Matt Mundine (saints)- a ball playing backrower who can kick goals, makes plenty of tackles and has been one of their best

John Kite (dogs)- this guy is a huge front rower who is almost impossible to stop. Reminds me alot of Taylor

Jamie Theoharous (panthers) - another ball playing lock, captains penrith, usually plays close to 80mins.

Shannon Walker (titans)- well we all know about how good this kid might be, would be a good pick up for any club

There are a few more but I cant really think of them at the moment!

That Justin Carney chap from Canberra who made his debut against us last week, played well again tonight as well, will be a rep star in the future IMO.

He is quick and built like a brick sh*thouse.

Of the Broncos NYC squad who do you guys see as potential stars?

Josh Hoffman and Alex Glenn are the standouts for mine. Ben Hunt has been above average and the hooker (Butterfield I think) is also going well.

Scotty said:
Of the Broncos NYC squad who do you guys see as potential stars?

Having watched them quite a bit on fox and at the games that I have travelled to I would say the following guys are ones to look out for:

Josh Hoffman- We have already seen what he is capable of in the one first grade game he has played, should be on one wing next year IMO.

Willie Tupou - Strong attacking and defensive centre who is good back-up for any injuries

Gerard Beale- Capable of playing anywhere in the backline but I think his position is centre

Jharal Yow Yeh- If Hoffman doesnt get a wing spot this guy should, he is good under the high ball, good jumper and has plenty of speed.

Ben Hunt- Our halfback who I have wanted in the firsts during origin, this guy is a potential halves candidate when Locky leaves/retires. He can goalkick too which is handy!

Josh McGuire- This guy reminds me of Taylor and Webcke, except with more footwork and the ability to offload. Willing to do the hard work and has plenty of speed for a big man!

Tom Butterfield- Our current hooker who is a tackling machine and get the good go forward that Hunt needs to weave his magic. Suitable bench replacement next year in first grade if needed.

Matt Handcock- Reminds me bit of Parker, can offload, makes plenty of tackles and does the hard yards.

and lastly the skipper

Alex Glenn- Started the year in the halves but has thrived at lock in the recent games. Capable of playing in the backs too.

I know that seems like the whole team I have named but we have a lot of potential that people might not know about waiting in the wings.

Whilst I am disappointed the likes of Ennis, Hannant, Moon, Kemp and most likely Boyd are leaving it gives this young guys with massive potential to show what they are made of!

And seeing as Bennett is leaving I'd say there is more of a chance of these younger blokes getting a crack as well.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.